Nice set of Mark III

NOSValves

OK, I'll be honest with you. I have never bid on anything on ebay before. I was registered, submitted a bid, and after 25 minutes my bid still did not show up as high bid. I saw nothing about new buyers being cast out of the bidding, but I may have missed it. How long does ebay usually take to update? I'm kinda plssed cause I thought this would be a reat start for me into tubes, but if I lost out, so be it. Is there anything I could have done wrong? Forgive the ebay newbieness, but everyone has their first time. I remember mine quite well, she was blond, we were in 10th grade.. oh, wait, that's a different story!! 11.gif

Beer,

This is why your bid never showed up. You just didn't bid high enough. The way eBay works if the current highest bidder say inputs $550 but all that is required to be high bidder is $350 then his bid will be $350 but will auto raise to his max. So when you input say $400 his bid will automatically best your bid and his name will stay as high bidder. I guess I should of said when I listed these that they regularly go for $500 or more.If you want to win on eBay you have to bid the most your willing to pay and do it in the last few seconds. The Link Dean provided above is about the only relatively sure way anymore on eBay and you must bid what there worth. Everyone is using sniper software these days .

Craig

Craig,

If I have this right, if the current posted high bid is $350, and I were to bid $1000, my actual posted bid would only be $355 or $360, then increase as required until someone else bid higher than $1000, and if no one ever bid over $400, then I would win the bid with $400, even though I initially bid $1000? I think that makes sense to me. BTW, see my last post, I did check the history and mine never showed up.

Thanks for the help. I believe I can now see clearly through the mud.

Craig is right on how the bidding works. But when someone has a high bid in place and you di lower, it immediately tells you that you are outbid and need to place a higher bid. But it will list you in the bid history. You should see your 2 bids.

If you have DSL the feedback should come almost immediately. No matter what you do on Ebay, it's hard to make a mistake. If you are not logged in and try to bid it forces a log in. It's all automatic.

Something went quite wrong.

Just for grins and giggles, I bid on another amp that I woldn't necessarly expect to get, still a day left on the bidding, and I got a message back that I had been outbid. I am showing up in the bid history for that item though. At least I know it CAN work, just no idea why it didn't work yesterday. I don't recall what I got for a reply screen from yesterdays bids, but I would remember if it had been an "Outbid" reply. Oh Well.

Craig,

A guy on Audiogon has a set of 4 Mk 3's he wants $1695 for. Have you looked at those? What would be a reasonable price? If they can be had for a decent price, I'd split them with someone. He's at 30 days on the auction and might be ready to deal. There is another set that needs switched back to tube rectification for $550.

Brett Cornwell