Banana Plug Pics for you guys

Orange Peel

The ones I got are just below that one, shown here;

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=17216365&St=8466&St2=58737455&St3=-66331061&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=2476&DID=7

But these don't have a strong feel to the connection once they are plugged in, you can wobble the whole connector easily, meaning, the fanned out banana part spins on a solid core, but the fit between the two are not well matched and there is play, so I don't recommend those at all.

G2

I see two different options on the web sites listed above. One has a set of 20 plugs for $29, the other a set of 20 for $57. The more expensive ones seem to have a second screw-down point (to take the stress off the one sinching down the wires I guess), and has expanding plugs - gets wider when you tighten them down. Anyone use the $57 set?

----------------

On 2/7/2004 10:41:56 PM device manager wrote:

The Parts Express Dayton Bananas work well and are affordable.

091-1260m.jpg"

----------------

Well I have this kind of banana plugs in my reciever end, it's really loosen no matter how hard I locked it up(even the cables started to be broken). Doesn't work really well for mine 14.gif

The great thing about the Samson S1000 is that it is super clean and leaves a lot of headroom that is readily apparent. As far as I can tell, there is no coloration of sound. I have yet to hit a point where the amp clips, and it never even seems to get hot (although I do leave space above it on my rack). This amp offers alot of bang for the buck. The only negative is that it is very heavy compared to everything else that I own. However it does seem to add a nice anchor to keep my rack from tipping over. 3.gif

----------------

On 2/8/2004 11:45:44 AM device manager wrote:

The great thing about the Samson S1000 is that it is super clean and leaves a lot of headroom that is readily apparent. As far as I can tell, there is no coloration of sound. I have yet to hit a point where the amp clips, and it never even seems to get hot (although I do leave space above it on my rack). This amp offers alot of bang for the buck. The only negative is that it is very heavy compared to everything else that I own. However it does seem to add a nice anchor to keep my rack from tipping over.
3.gif

----------------

Ironically, Samson is pretty much near the bottom in "pro audio" amplification.

That said, any pro-grade amp short of B**ringer will do wonderfully in a subwoofer application - they're all designed to be high-gain, wide dynamic, low distortion. Perfect for a speaker that's only driving 20-100Hz.

Hell, Buttkicker used to offer Carvin (another low-end pro amp) amplifiers to go with their offerings until they got Carvin to build them a special amp specifically designed for the BK's.

Scott-

Hey, thanks for the heads up.....I just ordered some of the locking ones ($57 for 20) to give them a try!

Wrench-

The Samson 1000 amp is okay, works fine for my SVS Ultra. So no major complaints. The only problem that I have with the amp is that it has a fan and can sometimes be heard from my listening spot, and its even in a semi-closed rack. But it has to be a very quiet passage and I have to listen for it. But it isn't louder then my projector or HTPC.

-Dave