Center Channel Match for KG 5.5s?

sphaerio

I've got a pair of Klipsch KG 5.5s (absolutely love them... wouldn't trade them for the world Smile.gif and I'm using a Sony TV as a center channel speaker in my home theater setup. Needless to say... this needs to be changed Smile.gif and I was wondering what a good match for my 5.5s is. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ben

Please see the post regaring center for 4.2.

Personally, I like the KG 2.5. Perhaps you can go in on a pair when one becomes available with the guy looking for one on the other post.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LD Player

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

quote:

Originally posted by sphaerio:

I was wondering what a good match for my 5.5s is.

I would not go with with a RC3. The KV3 was made by Klipsch to be the matching center for the KG5.5s. You can do one better but using any speaker that's uses the same tweeter as the KG5.5 uses (like a KG4.2, etc). You should, like t-man said, checkout this thread: http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001933.html

Guest polymon

Klipsch insider's opinion:

Go with a KLF-C7!! it's the best match for effiency, voice matching (how similar it sounds to the L/R) and it's probably available at a pretty reasonable price. RC-3 will work well, too, (better than a KV-3, methinks!) but the C7 is the ideal way to go.

GOOD LUCK!

------------------

Polymon

quote:

Originally posted by polymon:

Klipsch insider's opinion:

Go with a KLF-C7!! it's the best match for effiency, voice matching (how similar it sounds to the L/R) and it's probably available at a pretty reasonable price. RC-3 will work well, too, (better than a KV-3, methinks!) but the C7 is the ideal way to go.

GOOD LUCK!

NO NO NO, a RC-3 will not work better than a KV-3! Where do you get your info or are you just guessing? Even BobG admited (about a year or so ago -- I wish we had the archived messages) that a KV-3 would be superior to an RC-3 for a center to match the KG series!! Again, the the KV-3 was made to be a center match for the larger KG series! The C7 would play a little deeper beacuse of the larger woofers but it's probably not the best voice-match. Since the C7 is made for the legend series (which isn't far from the old KG series) it would be a lot more acceptable and a lot better than a RC-3 -- but the KV-3 would be the best voice match (other than using a "main" speaker that uses K-85-K). Polymon, you're no Klipsch insider IMHO!

Hey guys check it out!!

I have a pair of klipsch KG 5.2's. I just bought a KLF C-7 for my center. The C-7 is a PERFECT match and has much deeper bass and gives the full speaker range of a regular sized speaker. Having a nice big quality center channel really makes a huge difference because 75% of a movie is coming from your center speaker.

montigue

-------------------

Sony Wega 36" flat screen

Klipsch 5.2 (main)

klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Polk Audio reference speakers (rear channels)

Harman Kardon AVR 65 digital receiver ( I love my living room!)

cwm29.gifcwm30.gif

This message has been edited by montigue on 06-21-2001 at 11:01 PM

i use a kt-lcr for my center speaker with kg5.5's - i have not heard the kv-3, but i did auditon an rc-3 a while back - it sounded too thin inbetween the 5.5's and so i returned it. the kt-lcr seems to be a close relative to the klf-c7 (according to specs) however i have never heard one. i found the kt-lcr for a great price, and from what i understand the klf-c7's are being clearanced at many dealers - might be worth a look.

david

Guest polymon

Hey-STL

I appreciate your enlightenment! Perhaps the availability (or lack of) of KV-3 and the fact that KLF-C7 can be found clearing out in some dealers prompted the advice. BOB G is certainly correct as to whether the RC-3 or KV-3 is the better match. However, I hear from many former retail freinds (who purchased KG 4.5/KG5.5 from me when I worked in one the local Klipsch Dealers) that the RC-3 works well for them.

To answer sphaerio's original question, again, go with the KLF-C7!!

------------------

Polymon