Cornwalls?

HenryL.

Hello to all.I've been reading for awhile and deciced to ask a question.I've got a Fisher 400 receiver modified at 2b audio.It uses EL 34's now. Although I haven't heard the Cornwalls from what I'm reading they sound like a good match.Am I right or is there another Klipsch speaker that would match up better?Thanks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Henery L,

First off welcome to the form. All questions about audio products are always welcome. Although I only have the Lowely KG 4's, to me they are powerful enough, and preform excellently, guess it boils down too what your comfortable with!.

if I may ask, where you from in IL?, i Live in Terre Haute, IN............................

----------------

On 11/27/2003 2:26:02 AM HenryL. wrote:

Hello to all.I've been reading for awhile and deciced to ask a question.I've got a Fisher 400 receiver modified at 2b audio.It uses EL 34's now. Although I haven't heard the Cornwalls from what I'm reading they sound like a good match.Am I right or is there another Klipsch speaker that would match up better?Thanks.
----------------

I am using Cornwalls on a Fisher 500B. Not the same output tubes but I am sure you will be more than happy with the match.

Laters,

Henry,

Welcome to the Forum. Any of the Heratige line will be a good match.Right now there is a pr of Cornwalls for sale on the forum for $800.It's been said in that thread that they probably won't last long. Looking at the pics, I agree. They would be an excellent match.

SSH

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/28/2003 12:02:09 AM HenryL. wrote:

Bill,thanks.I live In Lombard,its a western suburb of Chicago.

----------------

Henry,

I live just north of chicago and am buying a couple pair of verticle cornwall II's for my HT and 2-channel, when I take delivery I will have a pair f 1985 cornwall II oiled walnut in near mint condion for sale that you could pickup for a fair price. leave me a message if you want tocpme by and take a listen, you could also bring your amp to se how it would really sound. good luck

Smilin9.gif

Any of the big ole horns would be a match for your amplifier set-up. Horns love tubes. Dont forget the LaScala and the Belles. With their larger midrange squawker, they are also superb choices for a large and clear image with tubes.

Chorus models also come close to Corny performance and can sometimes be found for less than half the price of the Cornwalls...2.gif

There are also those of us who wouldn't trade our cornwalls for any other model. Corns have a unique sound you don't get in any other heritage speaker. Not necessarily better or worse but different.

They all are great speakers and I'd go for a listen if I were you and had the same generous offer. My guess is you'll love them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I too live in Lombard and unfortunately must sell my Cornwalls!

From what I've read these have the B crossover (Oil Caps - big military grade monsters!)They were orginally the Raw Birch Cabs - I had them redone in book matched zebrawood - they have one minor cosmetic flaw on one cabinet - sound is unbelievable - really hate to give them up. I can check the serial numbers - but I bought them in 1984 - used them with a McIntosh C22 preamp and MC240 power amp - all tubes. Looking for $1000.00 for the pair. Also selling the Mac equipment if any one is interested. I have pics to share

Regards,

Mark

I can take some tonight when I get home. Just a note on the zebrawood - I purchased the veneer at a woodworking show direct from a veneer mill - beautiful and quartersawn too! Being a newbie here - can I post on the site or should I just email to you direct?

----------------

On 12/9/2003 3:06:37 PM MarkBK wrote:

Hi,

I too live in Lombard and unfortunately must sell my Cornwalls!

From what I've read these have the B crossover (Oil Caps - big military grade monsters!)They were orginally the Raw Birch Cabs - I had them redone in book matched zebrawood - they have one minor cosmetic flaw on one cabinet - sound is unbelievable - really hate to give them up. I can check the serial numbers - but I bought them in 1984 - used them with a McIntosh C22 preamp and MC240 power amp - all tubes. Looking for $1000.00 for the pair. Also selling the Mac equipment if any one is interested. I have pics to share

Regards,

Mark

----------------

Hello,

How much are you looking to get for the MC-240 and C-22. What condition are they in?

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Piranha,

I WILL not outbid you, cause you cost me enough already2.gif HEH HEH HEH, but I would like to check it out if the price is right, and THAN you or I can spend some $$$$

Is this to your satisfaction SIR?11.gif

Smilin more today

----------------

On 12/9/2003 5:21:20 PM smilin wrote:

Piranha,

I WILL not outbid you, cause you cost me enough already
2.gif
HEH HEH HEH, but I would like to check it out if the price is right, and THAN you or I can spend some $$$$

Is this to your satisfaction SIR?
11.gif

Smilin more today

----------------

Smilin,

No worries. I was teasin ya. I am not in the market for the expensive tube gear just yet. I wanna check out my Scott 299D first. Then we'll go from there. Please bid away, and thanks for the respect.

9.gif