Cheapest place to buy RF-7

sonyguy

I am trying to find the cheapest place to buy a set of rf-7's

the cheapest i've found is $729.00 each brandnamez.com and one or two other places for the same price.Anyone have a cheaper place?The shipping at brandnamez isn't to bad for ground..Please help me if u have a better place to

go!

Thanks

Drew

It was important to me as well. I live in Oman and drove to Dubai (4 hours) to get mine from an authorized dealer. At the time, I got a KSW-15 sub and the power went out shortly after hooking it up. The dealer took it back and gave me credit towards the upgrade (RSW-12).

Sonyguy, Do not buy from an unauthirized dealer!!! You will regret it. I did on an amp once costing me $400 and weeks of battle. Talk to Klipsch and see how they feel about online dealers. If anything goes wrong you are up a creek without a paddle. Also, some of the merchandise is Black market. You may pay $100 - 150 more at a authorized dealer but a Klipsch 5 year return policy on a 1500.00 expenditure is just plain good business. Think it over

I agree, don't buy from an unauthorized dealer, but you DEFINITELY need to check about your state laws. Some states don't allow a company to discriminate between unauthorized and unauthorized dealers. The last 2 of the 8 components which I have purchased have needed warranty work. Parasound & Klipsch were FANTASTIC to deal with. Parasound knew exactly what the problem was and it was taken care of quickly and in a professional manor. I had to go through my dealer who dropped the ball once on the return, but I like them so I tolerated it. Klipsch (mondial designs) took much longer to repair the pre/pro, but I understood completely why they had troubles, but in the end they were very nice to me. Thankfully I had a spare pre/pro so it wasn't a big deal to be without it. After these two incidents, I decided if I was going to buy new, always buy from an authorized dealer!

-Dave

I bought both a ksw15 and a klfc7 from an "unauthorized" dealer 3 years ago and have had no problems.

How do these unauthorized dealers get their speakers anyway? They are genuine klipsch speakers. Same exact thing in the local showrooms for much more money. If you do happen to get a damaged or dead speaker from an "unauthorized dealer" send it back for a replacement. They're not going to leave you high and dry with a damaged item. How would they stay in business if they did that to their customers?

The whole "authorized dealer" thing is simply an attempt at price controls by Klipsch. 7.gif

As we have stated before, we have no desire to be represented in any manner by Internet-only sellers on any of our current Home Audio products. Selling under a blanket of deception, along with very questionable customer service both before and after the sale are common with these sites. Will any of these sites leave customers "high and dry" if there is a problem? The answer is a resounding YES! I have personally spoken with customers who have been left out in the cold by websites who either become "inactive" or their site is now available for sale because they have gotten their money and it's time to move on to the next scam. Some sites that still exist refuse to help a customer even when product is shipped to them that is damaged or suspicious. Some sites "help" their customers by charging ridiculous shipping charges even if they do agree to an exchange or repair, more than erasing any "price benefit" that customer realized to begin with. Most of these sites truly decieve their customers by either claiming to be authorized, or by using wording that leads the average shopper to believe that. Our caution about these sites is at the bottom of this page under "Unauthorized Dealers". The fact remains: if you make a purchase from one of these sites not only will you get a product of questionable origin, you will get a product with no Klipsch warranty whatsoever!

PhilH

• Like 1

No disrespect intended Phil but ...how can selling quality klipsch speakers be anything even remotely related to a scam or "questionable origin"? The speakers all come from the same place right? They're made in the same chinese factory ...oh wait, that's the promedias. 9.gif

Klipsch should back its product regardless of who it is sold by. The product is the same no matter who sells it. A defective klipsch speaker is a defective klipsch speaker.

The fact that klipsch won't honor the warranty of a speaker it made because that speaker was sold by an "unauthorized dealer" (at a lower price) is rediculous. It's price control plain and simple. 7.gif

BigBusa:

When a supposed Klipsch speaker does not have a serial number issued by Klipsch, there is no way to tell exactly where it has come from or where it has been. Previously repaired, currently damaged, tampered with or stolen products, as examples, cannot be warranted by any manufacturer. Unauthorized sites also do not have access to warranted Klipsch parts, therefore those who claim they will perform the work themselves are using both questionable personnel and questionable parts to perform that so-called "warranty work". Again Klipsch, just like any other manufacturer, cannot provide a warranty on whatever these sites use as products. That is why Klipsch, just like most other manufacturers, warns consumers of the possible outcome from purchasing products from these sites.

PhilH

Well, this is what happend with me. I went out wanting to buy Klipsch speakers. So to me it was either the SF-2 set or RF-3II set. The 3 set cost me 1365, so not more. so I went with that. Because I bought the whole thing at once, I get discounts on everything they sell. So later on got my RSW-15 for 1400 and each of my RF-7s for 675 each. And yes, thats 3 RF-3s in my sig. I like the way it looks. mOOn kinda enspired me to. After I saw his home theather, I was like wow, 3 RF-7s look cool. Also the upgrade from RC-7 to RF-7 was only 175. I would kicked myself if I got an RC-7 with that kinda of a deal.

CD

I'm confused ...So Phil are you saying there are Klipsch clones (with nonklipsch serial numbers) being made by someone other than Klipsch and sold right now on web merchant sites? What about the klipsch patents?

These reputable (read their reviews!) web merchants currently selling Klipsch speakers are actually selling clones with fake serial numbers?

http://bizrate.lycos.com/,mss__prod_id--6554357,rf--wgg.html

The $729 RF7 sold by "brand namez" is a clone with a bogus serial # and not made by Klipsch? According to "brandnamez" these are right from the factory in unopened boxes. All items sold by BrandNamez are Brand New (Grade A), Unopened and come in the original manufacturer's box. For the detailed warranty information, please contact the manufacturer.

The $729 RF7 is somehow inferior to the $2200 (Klipsch list price) RF7? What about the $1495 RF7's? That price seems to be the norm.

What's the deal here? Who's making these Clones and putting nonklipsch serial numbers on them? 6.gif6.gif

Look Big Busa. Don't be a jackass. It's not uncommon for companies to refuse warranty from products purchased from unauthorized dealers. Nowhere did Phil say ALL speakers purchased from unauthorized dealers were clones. The fact is Klipsch does not have control over unauthorized dealers because they do not go through the normal business process of acquiring Klipsch products. This normal process would involve a certain level of quality and operational inspection by Klipsch to insure the dealer is meeting the service level standards needed to represent their brand. By avoiding this process Klipsch has lost quality control of their product. The ones listed on Brand Namez may very well be an original Klipsch speaker manufactured in their plant. BUT it could also be a repaired defective. And because the dealer does not go through normal business process, Klipsch has no way of knowing the origin of the speaker and whether the parts inside are quality controlled Klipsch parts. Nobody said that they would ALL be complete clones. It's an unknown element you're dealing with. Put yourself in the place of a business owner. Would you want to warrant a product that appears to be manufactured from your plant but has been sold by a retailer that you have not personally seen or checked out? You have no idea what kind of operation they run and what they have done to your speaker. If would still warrant that speaker, then you are dumber than you sound, and I would love to do business with you.

Actually it is a form of price control but its not a selfish reason by Klipsch its for the protection of their dealers probably enforced moreso by the dealers. Klipsch needs big dealers like the Good Guys to stay in business, if the Good Guys sees Klipsch speakers selling for 50% off what they sell them for and they find Klipsch backs them up as well then the Good Guys could drop their product line like a hot potatoe if they wanted to.

Dont be confused...Klipsch needs the dealers , the dealers dont need Klipsch.

Only so many vendors can get into a store, the list of vendors that are trying to get their products into store like The Good Guys is very long, it takes years.

And Best Buy? ...ha ha good luck getting your product in their store.

BigBusa:

I did some extensive research prior to purchasing my system. (RF-7, RC-7, RS-7 and RSW-15) I found that when I took some of the internet and authorized dealer prices to my local dealer, they decided to match, rather than lose the sale. The RF-7s retail for $2200, but who actually pays retail?

By the way, most, if not all the online dealers I contacted removed the serial numbers prior to shipping, yet they advertise the speakers as "factory sealed/new in the box."

David

Panasonic will honor it's warranties if you buy from an authorized Panasonic online dealer, one that they have designated and one that they ship products directly to. That is why when you go to their website and choose their version of the dealer locator, it will give you "brick and mortar" dealers near your zip code and possibly an online seller or two if they have authorized one for that product. Again, no manufacturer will provide a warranty if the product is not purchased from an authorized dealer, whether it be storefront or online. Buyer beware....unauthorized sellers try to capitalize on these type of misconceptions.

.....and just how do those speakers, receivers, camcorders, etc. you buy from most of these unauthorized sellers wind up with no manufacturer issued serial numbers on the product, yet that product is still in a "factory sealed box"???? Sounds like magical voodoo to me!!!

PhilH