My Single Vertical Cornwall Pictures

eq_shadimar

Colin...

First, it is 2400 posts, I lost a thousand when we switched BBS services,

1st) Ok, so your after justins record then?

second, my room is only 14 wide, no space for center channel,

2nd) yes you do with a k horn...your missing out.

third, with Khorns playing the cable box sound, I bring the TV up to match the volume of the Khorn setting, at my seat I can only hear the center vocals anyway from the big ole horns, everything comes through the horns,

3rd) Well if you had a digital cable box...you would hear it..and movies in 5.1 or above would be fantastic.

fourth, I have only 2-channel sound so far (anybody know a cheap six-channel tube SACD/DVD/CD player or cheap 5.1 tube pre-amplifier?)

4th) Cheap.. probably not. maybe Craig could help out with a lot of H H Scotts?? LOL.. Seriously I understand the Tube 2 channel thing.. jump into the 21st century for DVD's and movies your missing out. Even the cheapest Radio Shack Yamaha or Sony something at circut city for 199.00 would bring you into todays surround sound heaven!!

fifth, the cable sound is not good enough for me to expend anymore money trying to make it much better it sound like quality FM, but not CDs or the old style 12 black vinyl analog discs

5th) Again check digital cable. The reason it may also sound like crap is because your using again your tv el cheapo speakers....

sixth, I get great stereo imaging with just the two loudspeakers so far, even on cable movies

6th) yes I am sure you do.. K horns are wonderful.

seventh, Ive heard six channel DVDs on cheap home movie and music reproduction system and I dont think I am missing much in the QUALITY of sonic 3D holographic reproduction, yet

7th.. Well we each hear differently.. That said.. Even with el cheapo rears...but a good center for your k horns..I would be shocked if you did not enjoy it more. And trust me or maybe you will elect not too..but the Cornwall II older speaker is a wonderful center...if you can go big too.

(This message was a reply to you, not meant in any way to put you down, I am just offering suggestions.. I think your missing out is all.)

;)

• 2 months later...

amazing that the speaker made it to you without a drop on an edge. 6.gif

I personally think that packing job is lacking. The corners seem well protected but the face, rear and other edges are just begging to be dinged.

That speaker minimally packed like it was would have been kindling wood had it been shipped with fed ex. 11.gif

How is that going to make a good center channel if you can't put it even close to your behemoth RPTV because of the magnetic distortion? I think you need a KLF-C7.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 5:19:26 PM BigBusa wrote:

How is that going to make a good center channel if you can't put it even close to your behemoth RPTV because of the magnetic distortion? I think you need a KLF-C7.

---------------

Ah Busa my dear dear friend. Take a look at my recently posted thread in the Home Theater Area and you will see how it makes a AWESOME center channel. The trick is that on RPTV's the tubes are at the bottom and I mounted it ABOVE the TV.

Laters,

Humm on second thought perhaps you are jesting about the KLF-C7??

A KLF-C7 better than a single Vertical Cornwall II - Hah! Put the crack pipe down and go to bed Don (BigBusa) you are not thinking rationally. They way he has that thing mounted now is Killer! The center channel speaker is the most important one and it is what the rest of the speakers are anchored to.