VPI 16.5 Record Cleaning Machine For Sale?

rigma

Its not a VPI, But I got a great deal on a new Nitti Gritty by calling the company and asking if they had any demos available. They sold me a unit that looked as if it had never been used for about 40 dollars off what I have seen them for anywhere else.

Josh

Buy a new unit. I have had a VPI 16.5 for almost 20 years and it is STILL running strong. The used price for the 16.5 is not a big enough bargain to warrant going this route. AS seen above, new units can be had very near the used prices; you just need to shop around.

They did used to come with more parts years ago; and I have not seen a new one to know how the build has changed at all. But I would go new as I think there have been some improvements in quieting it down. It is built to last and take heavy use.

kh

----------------

On 12/18/2003 8:55:06 AM Randy Bey wrote:

nitty gritty 1.0. about $200 new and the best darn thing there is.

----------------

I was referring to the price of a VPI 16.5. Not a record cleaning machine in general. From all I`ve read, I am willing to cough up the extra $$ for the VPI if for nothing else but the torque.

First of all, I was just giving ole Randy a hard time - we are email friends and banter often. Actually, both the VPI and Nitty GRitty do the job.

As for the VPI, the torque is one good aspect. The other great thing is the fact that a WHOLE solid turntable supports the record giving you an excellent platform to work/clean on. The torque is so good, that you can apply cleaning pressure all over the record, and the turntable keeps on chugging.

The VPI is one of the loudest machines made but is damn good. From what I undestand, it has gotten quieter in later models. Mine sounds like a jet taking off.

kh

----------------

On 12/18/2003 12:56:10 PM mobile homeless wrote:

The VPI is one of the loudest machines made but is damn good. From what I undestand, it has gotten quieter in later models. Mine sounds like a jet taking off.

----------------

Is this one of those units that performs better when left on 24/7? I'd want my records cleaned to the utmost.

Allright, for those of you that did not find the correct Hollywood sound address here it is- Hwdsound.com - I called Larry and he has three coming in January that aren't spoken for yet and they are $400.00ea. I don't know if your $425 includes shipping but this guy is very knowledgeable and very helpful. I got the MMF-7 from him. Ph#954-921-1408.

Give him a try and mention either this Forum or me. I would like to see him get some business, he is great in customer service. He spent over an hour on the phone with me pre store opening, helping me to dial in the TT. Yeah...the guy answers the phone even when the retail store is closed.