Pirates of the Caribbean

boomac

The kid got Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse of the Black Pearl, for Christmas. We watched it tonight for the third time and I'm amazed at how entertaining it actually is. Tonight, with several guests over, we hooked up the Forte IIs for mains and surrounds and the Quartets for the front and rear centers. They were almost speechless, as were we. At the very end and all through the credits, the music is fantastic. We really cranked it. I think the best soundtrack music, for showing off a system, that we've ever experienced. Anybody else out there have a similiar experience?

Yea I've watched like a month ago(when it was just released 9.gif ). The story was pretty entertaining and amazed(when johnny depp was the immortal it was out of my expectation 9.gif ). And the music was no less than great(well little too much for my neighborhood perhaps).

I barely see such kind of movie around and I wonder people said it was bad? Anyway another part of "must buy" collection for me 9.gif

Ya know, I had never seen Johnny Depp in movie and my opinion of him was not very favorable. Not sure why. His performance in Pirates, however, was really fantastic and worthy of a shot at the best actor nomination.

Anybody recognize scenes from the ride attraction at D World? How about the dog with the jail house keys? Maybe it was the kid in me that made the flick so enjoyable. But hey, I ain't been a kid for a long time.

Oh heck yeah, this is definitly a great movie. Definitly in the top 5 favs of the year for me. I gained serious new respect for Johnny due to his performance in this. He nailed the part. My wife was just telling me the other day that they are making a sequal. Can't remember where she said she hear/read it though.

Disney could do quite a bit with this theme. A sequal would be great. Signing ole Captain Jack would be icing on the cake. Perhaps, if Disney were smart, they would do one or two without him and then bring him back.

m00n, I bet the sound was spectacular in your theater with all those "7s".

You gotta give kudos to the filmmakers for making this movie better than it really had any right to be. With all the recent movies based on comic books and video games, they decided to make one based on a 50-yr-old amusement park ride....and it was just downright entertaining. I'm one of the many who guffawed at the idea when I jeard about it, but I also have a tendency to really like movies that prove me wrong.

NOTE: The Dolby Digital sondtrack on this DVD is actually better than the DTS track....it's fulller and better balanced, as well as being a bit louder overall, especially in the center channel.

Never mind the kids, I wanted it in my collection! He's "the best pirate I've ever seen". Loved the part with the fork in the wooden eye. Wouldn't mind being "forked" by Kiera Knightley neither. The parrot was given some great lines. Superb audio in DD. "Captain" Jack reminded me of a drunk Keith Richards..14.gif

I have to credit Disney for making such a movie w/o a single damn curse word, and minimal amount of blood/gore. I just can't say enough good things about this one.9.gif

----------------

On 1/5/2004 3:10:05 PM ironwoods wrote:

Never mind the kids, I wanted it in my collection! He's "the best pirate I've ever seen". Loved the part with the fork in the wooden eye. Wouldn't mind being "forked" by Kiera Knightley neither. The parrot was given some great lines. Superb audio in DD. Johnny Depp reminded me of a drunk Keith Richards..
14.gif

I have to credit Disney for making such a movie w/o a single damn curse word, and minimal amount of blood/gore. I just can't say enough good things about this one.
9.gif

----------------

I believe that Depp based his characters mannerisms/language after Kieth Richards.

----------------

On 1/5/2004 4:02:16 PM JTS8 wrote:

I believe that Depp based his characters mannerisms/language after Kieth Richards.

----------------

I don't know much about Keith but from what I have seen, I would tend to agree with you.

On 1/5/2004 3:10:05 PM, ironwoods said: "I have to credit Disney for making such a movie w/o a single damn curse word, and minimal amount of blood/gore. I just can't say enough good things about this one."

I'll second that. You don't need vulgarity if you have creative writing, directing and acting. A first class, rather than low class, performance. I've advised my kid to hold on the Disney stock he still has.