Quad II-forty and Quad-24

Deang

----------------

On 1/7/2004 9:48:12 PM DeanG wrote:

Really, what are they charging for? Must be the fabulous iron! Maybe it's the paint job ... who knows.
----------------

The charging to fill there pockets with cheese !! There charging for the name ! The difference in cost to wind a lousy transformer and a great one isn't much really when talking in this context.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/7/2004 9:53:46 PM DeanG wrote:

Who needs separation. The Blanket Effect sounds pretty cool too.
:)
----------------

Man you need to slide your chair up about 3 or 4 more feet ! Your not getting the absolute best sound out of them yet ! I'm not kidding try it !! Make them horns shoot right in your ears like headphones dude. They beat the sh!t out of Sennheiser's or Grado's LOL !!

Craig

I just had the chair pushed back so I could move around better. About 7 feet back works pretty good for me.

I need a high chair. I might have to borrow Ian's.

Not much in those amps really -- pretty impressive. When I squint my eyes they almost look like SET amps. :)

That's what I saw, a common input to the driver tubes #2 grid from the preamp.

Rick

Edit That looks like a simple circuit to build if you can get the properly wound output transformers. There are no ultralinear taps on the trannys either Just a feedback tap on the secondary.

Nope the # 1 grid of the upper driver is fed from pin 2 of the input plug, the lower half is fed from the difference in potential caused by R8 in the plate circuit. That would make a complimentary output to the grids of the output tubes. It's PP allright. Knew it all the time.12.gif

Mark, Help me out here!

Rick

Rick,

That is what I seen. The funny thing about it is the output transformer taps. I'm looking and looking and I'm confused here. Where is Mark when we need him LOL !! U and W leads have me scratching my head. I think its wired in Pentode and the U and W are what controls the bias.

Craig

----------------

On 1/7/2004 10:11:18 PM NOSValves wrote:

Man I can;t wait for you to get the Schematic !! Where in the hell is the b+ filter capacitors ?? How the hell are they cleaning the ripple ?

Craig

----------------

The two filtering caps seems to be located near the power transformer under the larger metal cover.

"So what is then, just an old fashioned dirty pentode amp? Coooool!"

Dean,It's running Quasi-triode appearantly. Grid four is tied to the plates through L1 like you would put a 100ohm resistor in a Dynaco between the plate and grid 3 to run in triode mode. And grid 4 is missing in in action.

D@mn that Scott 299c with Craig's parts sounds good.

Rick