Quad II-forty and Quad-24

Deang

You're getting offended because you think he's trying to "teach" you something. I think Rick just has an opinioin of what he thinks he's seeing and disagrees with you. It just seemed like you were getting mad at him, but I don't think he's trying to make you mad.

What makes you say I'm on a moderator "kick". Just for that -- take two valium.9.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody just hit me in the head with a baseball bat! I saw that the Output plate was connected to the other side of the OPT then when I looked at the screen grid connected to the line above the plate I erred the other way. Doh!

Two things for certain, it's not ultralinear and is operating in pentode mode. By the way Dean. Those are very nice amps!

I'm having a bite of crow for lunch, anyone care to join me?

Dean take it easy on poor old Craig. He was just trying to hit me with a baseball bat.

Rick

PS: I'm glad I started this discussion. If I hadn't everyone would have just looked at the schematic and saids "that's nice". But instead, we all put some actual brain cells, as feeble as they are, To good use.

See Dean your just to much of a sissy11.gif Rick and I understand each other completely we just crossed hairs on this one. I just don't see where you got Idea I was mad. I was frustrated because once again my limited written volcabulary skills were getting in the way of explaining what he was seeing wrong. So I was indeed reverting to the Baseball Bat method 9.gif In fact I was almost going to just call him!

ok so they were 300B tubes in the canarys...I wondered if Dean listened to them with k-horns before going for the quads, since I suspected that they would have enough power for him without going to KT tube route...maybe the canarys are not good examples of the DHT SOTA but I wanted to hear his opinion about <20watt amps with k-horns...guess we´ll never know (unless someone can take some SET or PP DHT amps over to his house for a comparo???) regards, tony

• 2 months later...