Just Another Day at the Factory, Long Ago

WMcD

pwk&h.jpg

Mr. Klipsch replies, "Don't worry, those were specially made to be suspended from ceilings." Mr. Klipsch looks to heaven and sighs. He wonders, how did that guy hurt his finger? Did he fall for the old 'hold down the cleat while I work on it' gag?

These are from a 1989 American Way magazine. The one you get on the airline.

I was travelling to Dallas to start work on the home made K-Horns. It was very wierd to find PWK in the seatback.

Maybe Andy can tell us who these people are. Can that be Andy himself in the third picture?

I can't tell which of the small models we see in the first picture. Maybe a Heresy. In any event, it shows that they are made in a pneumatic jig. I can't tell what sort of tool is being used. A pneumatic nailer? Some sort of hot glue gun?

I painted in a white bandage on the pointing finger in the third picture.

PWK was probably in his late 70s. That is the anechoic chamber at Hope, naturally.

I'm glad you all liked them. I hope no one is offended at the levity. It was an interesting project and more fun than just posting pictures.

Best,

Gil

Guest Anonymous

Gil,

Thanks for the post, great pic, and commentary. Hope you had wonderful holiday's and a big bang New Year. Thanks for the Christmas present, I love the Klipsch shirt. Boy oh boy my wife was surprised that YOU sent me a gift, it was so thoughtful of you. BTW Craig is coming out the weekend of the 24th, and I have arranged to have my wife and daughter spend the night with her parents. Hope I get to see you then(Sunday 25th, Jan @ Smilin's)2.gif

Mitered Heresy boxes in the first pic...We went from chains w/corner clamps to this rig in about 1979, or thereabouts....for the mitered Heresy cabinets....retained chains & clamps for the Cornwalls through at least the fall of 1983, when I left. He is using a Duofast narrow-guage staple gun to secure corner glue blocks into the cabinet...staples were 1/4" wide by 1-1/8" long.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 12:33:03 AM j-malotky wrote:

Nice Pics Gil.

I think Andy was gone from Klipsch before the Heresy 2 days.

Smillin - I live just north in Packerland and am in Chicago all the time, any room for another Audio nut at your get together? I'm always good for bringing BEER as Gil can vouch for
1.gif

JM
----------------

JM,

You are absolutly welcome to join the fesitivaties on the 25th, I live in Wilmette, just north of chicago close to the lake. Email me and I will get you address and directions & #'s

2.gif2.gif And yes Beer would be appreciated and ACCEPTED16.gif I hope you like Big Fat Cubans, My Klipsch do not complain to me about a fine cigar, there will be smoke billowing around the room, just want all to know, and whoever would like to participate in a fine cuban may

6.gif Audio Nutz welcome at Smilin's11.gif