Can we ever own enough Klipsch

What JMON said. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thanks, JMON!

------------------

RF-3 Mains (currently on order)

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surround

Sony SAWM40 Subwoofer

Technics SA-DX1050 receiver

Panasonic DVD-RV31K DVD player

JVC 32" TV

Not too bad, I must say...

Storm, you to sound like you have a great system!

Like the rotel, someday ill move up to rotel!

The only time i have a problem with my setup is at night, thats about it!

Have to keep it on half of one!

But i still love cornwalls, and enjoy them before work, almost everyday!

Hopefully we will be moving into a bigger place soon!!

Jim

JIM --- I will certainly tell you if the dream come true.

JMON --- AMEN. Are you a politician!!! What an excellent come back to what I think is on the verge of nonsense.

STORM --- Seriously, I am not trying to insult you, but why are you here? Do you want advice? Are you interested in Klipsch? Are you innocently trying to find out why we are so into Klipsch? Are you passionate about your audio hobby? Or are you here just to stir things up? If you are here just to stir things up I am probably speaking for everyone here.go somewhere else. All are welcome here and opinions are what keeps this great Bulletin Board alive but we dont need rubbish posts insulting Klipsch without any actual reasons!

Also, you mentioned reviews. I personally dont care about the opinion of some journalist but some do. Klipsch is a very respected name. They are know for their horns imitating live music for several years. I you want to see reviews from actual people who have really tried Klipsch, go to www.audioreview.com. Klipsch consistently scores very high marks. Just look at the thread for the RS-3s.

Again, I am not writing this post to insult you. If I did, I am sorry.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Some companys dont need to advertise to get popular!!

Know what i mean!

But storm does have a nice system, ill give him that!

OK Bensilb sounds great, hope to see you make it there!

Hey, with 4 cornwalls, im still trying to hear these quintets LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There going in the van!

Have fun guys Jim

I wouldnt mind owning a pair of ML's

Put them right next to the couch.

Since the sound Comes out both sides, it would fill the room.

I think ML's would be better for someone who listend to Lighter/softer music. MABY some jazz....

JMon-Well said.

Ya, you cant always trust what others tell you...

I go to Hill Crest Hi fi, and I constantly see them leading people away fromt he Klipsch and to the Paradigm.

Eh, Paradigm does make some good speakers, but... I like the sound of Klipsch.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

You wouldnt replace your cornwalls if you ran across a pair of K-Horns for 100 bucks, that worked...

Small change to my Dream set up.

Instead of any Klipsch Sub...... *I have found better*, I am going to have to go with 2 15 inch Veladynes on my system....

mmmmmmmmmm........ more bass than one person should be allowed.......

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

LoL.

You an your Quintets Smile.gif

Glad your enjoying them.

Still putting them in the car?

Back on topic... HE's Putting Klipsch in the CAR!

I actualy decided, that I want a sports car, with a small back seat, and in that back seat, will go 2 RB-5 like speakers.

Or an SUV and put in two RF-7 like speakers.

Replace the front speakers with ... Klipsch Celing speakers or something, or Take apart and fit a Good Book Shelf in.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I dont think these are ganna make it to the car!

You have me thinking wall mount, now for the van!!

Thats an excellent idea!

I dont want these destroyed, and the mounting brackets wont hold up, to the movement of the vehicle!

Anyone can use wall mounts, for their vehicle!

Be a lot better than the 6x9s!!

Regards Jim

Question for STORM:

How much do the speakers cost which are recommended by the stereophile magazine which you were referring to??

To the original question: can you ever own enough Klipsch?? I'd have to say as long as you have to room to use 'em... own all you can!

Later,

Mace

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i thought id bring the old toppic back up, If i were to get Khorns id have 1000 pounds worth of Klipsch!!! WOW!!!

Thats almost the weight of the wifes GEO METRO!!!

A half a ton speaker system!!

All in all, all id be gaining by the whole Khorn thing is 3Hz, thats about it!!

Cornwall 38Hz

Khorn 35Hz

i am still looking to get heresys, i think there neat, like a mini cornwall!!

Thats what they look like!!

So id be out to get heresys next, some year!!

Ive no room for Khorn, la scalas or belles, without giving these up, NO WAY!!!!

Oh yea, the quintet 2 channel is still neat! They fill the upper spectrum with one pair of cornwalls on!!

With 2 pair you caint even hear them!!!

Its amazing who 4 cornwalls sound, anyone else have 4??

Regards Jim

Okay, you asked for it, Boomer. There is no doubt about it, you have put together a Klipsch Sound package that MUST be extremely hard to turn off at night. And your sub conjecture is legitimate. In recalling K-horn ownership experiences of yesteryear, I remember being hard pressed to find a sub that had the clarity, accuracy and character that would match my K-horns... and I went through quite a few subs.

As you may have read elsewhere, I picked up a Twin CS-Ultra sub and Samson 1,000 amp package from SVS... and all doubt has been erased from my home sub questions... and that's after trying them with six KLF 30's upstairs and a pair of vintage Cornwalls downstairs. These subs are so good that they have me thirsting for another set of Khorns... and that would mean moving my mother from her home of 50 years to something more suited to Khorns need for spaciousness and requisite corners.

SVS, a tiny company with a big reputation for customer service, offers a 45 day money back guaranty... but I would be truly amazed if you did not find the Ultras a cut above anything else for home Khorn duty. They can handle the headroom of your current speakers like few subs can... IMHO. Of course, Ultras might get you a "BassoProfundo9911" where your BOOMER used to be. Rolleyes.gifeyes

Of course, with your naturally robust sound system, you might be well advised to see what emerges from the Klipsch sub sleeve in the next few months.

Yes, Boomer, there is no telling how many folks wished they had your audio "problems" at this point. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-23-2001 at 01:33 AM

Jim,

Your mention of weight got me to add up some numbers. I probably shouldn't have done that. I came up with 1300 pounds. That $30 for a hand-truck/dolly was one of the best $30 investments I have made.

Boomer,

In regards to the subwoofer. This has been a strong consideration for me, as I also plan on getting a subwoofer for my Khorns as well. As you know, matching a sub to Khorns can be a very difficult task. I know very little about it, but there is a horn subwoofer out there that may be the best match for Khorns. It's one I'll consider anyway. It the Edgarhorn Subwoofer. It's a horn sub, is very large, and it weighs in at 400 pounds. It goes down to 35 Hz. Depending on finish, you can get it for as low as $1000. It's passive, so you need to get an amp, but some of the amps they recommend are only $300 or so. It's also a very big, seems to be about the size of a refrigerator.

This message has been edited by JMON on 07-23-2001 at 03:19 AM

JMON, the Esub is an interesting box... but wouldn't you want a horn sub that would be higher rated below the 35 Hz that are already available in the Khorns? I think you will find that the size horn you would need to really complement a Khorn would be a good deal larger than the Esub. If it follows most sub horn designs internally, I would expect it to be very musical... but then so are your Khorns in the area in which this sub really gets going... and then it is not all that flat in its response curve.

I also had some trepidation about the dispersal system at the bottom which appears to be a series of rectangles glued together. It makes me wonder how well the curves are formed inside the unit. By the pound, it is certainly one of the least expensive subs I have seen. And as you may suspect, I have been looking for a reasonable horn sub for a long, long time. But, I think I'll pass on this particular version. cwm20.gif HornEd

Jim,

I have a pair of Cornwalls that I absolutely love. I did have a chance to purchase a pair of Belles so I did. I wanted to hear the folded horn bass. As you know, the biggest difference between the Belle and the Cornwall is that the Belle is rated at ~45Hz while the Cornwall goes down to ~38Hz and the Belle is a tad more efficient. The difference to my ears is more than the Hz or dB difference though. If you haven't heard a folded horn bass give it a listen if you can.

I found a pair of K-horns (being delivered tomorrow) and I am selling my Cornwalls (ONLY to make room...otherwise I would not be selling them).

I would love to hear your setup with 4 Cornwalls! I can only imagine how good it must sound!

------------------

Ed W

HornEd,

I had the same concern about 35Hz. However, my main thought was to use it as the LFE in a home theater setting, and not to augment the bass of my Khorns. Since a 5.1/6.1/7.1/X.1 systems has a separate channel for a subwoofer, I wanted to use one specifically for that purpose. I wouldn't use a sub for 2-channel audio. The problem is to find one that can keep up with a Klipschorn. It's pretty tough to do if you don't have a horn sub. I don't know if 35Hz is low enough for movies, but it might work. What little I have read about this particular sub has been very good.