Webmaster

Deang

What happened. I can't find it. I thought everyone's really been doing pretty good.

If we promise to be good, will you remove the warning off the top of 2-channel? It makes me feel like I'm in the General Forum, and I'm breaking out in hives. :)

----------------

On 1/16/2004 10:18:51 PM DeanG wrote:

What happened. I can't find it. I thought everyone's really been doing pretty good.

If we promise to be good, will you remove the warning off the top of 2-channel? It makes me feel like I'm in the General Forum, and I'm breaking out in hives.
:)
----------------

Dean, you and your hives suck!

tc

I have to agree with Dean here... Even though the board got pretty heavy for awhile, ironically with one of the most heavy seemingly not realizing it, I dont think we now need the "you will be banned" message up and renewed every time something is remotely construed as negative. So far, I havent seen any of the type of exchanges that occured a few weeks back, nothing NEAR that rancor. One of things I respected the most was the way the moderators let the ebb and flow of the discussions exist. I think it did go over the line, possibly way over a few times. But now I dont see the need for these new "I am watching over you" posts. We have, more or less, been pretty good at governing ourselves. I guess Dean felt the need to bring you in, but I think it accomplished the goals. And while a few have called for more intervention, I think that moderation should only be used in very extreme cases, perhaps with a personal warning.

And I sure dont think that post by Prodj was something that deserved a BAN either. Good taste or appropriate? No. Ban material? Not in my view. There is a big difference between some debate or disagreement and total rancor and personal attacks.

kh

----------------

On 1/16/2004 10:18:51 PM DeanG wrote:

If we promise to be good, will you remove the warning off the top of 2-channel? It makes me feel like I'm in the General Forum, and I'm breaking out in hives.
:)

----------------

My suggestion to the webmaster is to leave the warning in place until Dean grows up!

Dean go to your room. We can't take you anywhere!9.gif