Do cheap, quality silver intereconnects exist?

stream

I'm looking for 1m or 1.5m silver RCA-to-RCA interconnects, with silver-plated RCA connectors.

I've seen the cables at http://www.voodoo-cable.com and I'd be interested in them (around $50 USD?), but I can't seem to find where to order them on their site. They don't list dealers or anything...?

Does anyone know of good-quality silver/silver-plated RCA interconnects for around the $60 price range? Or is this a case of asking too much for too little?

Thanks guys.

-Jesse

Good ? about knukoncepts cable,I wish I knu the answer.The price is right but they say you get what you pay for,although thats not really true.If you spend $1k on a set of ic's you ain't gettin' what you paid for(a $1k improvement)(excluding $50k amps of course).I need a set for garage dvd-a/sacd player,nothin' too far out.I might give the copper version a try.

Before this topic devolves into yet another cable war, let me tell my story. After Harvey Gizmo Rosenbergs rants and raves (which is all he did in his long winded articles), I tried new Monster silver interconnects with my flea-powered tube Bottlehead 2A3 Paramour amplifiers. I compared the copper Monster from Sound Advice/Tweeter and Radio Shack models (the two local retailers). Suffice to say I liked the different difference with the silver and kept them. Today I rely on them as the primary cable between digital source and pre-amplifier/receiver.

I think that what sounds good with incredibly sensitive big ole horns is quite different than other systems. I strongly urge you to order two or three, listen to pop, rock, jazz, classical, okay, even country, and report back to us. ;)

2.gif

If you want a very nicely hand made cable, there is a guy on Ebay that is selling pure solid core copper wire analog interconnects and digital interconnects, you name it for dirt cheap. I bought me a 1m pair yesterday for $25 shipped, he makes them in any length you want, they have 24k gold plated RCA connectors on them and look to have very nice shielding on the cable. Im going to try them out once they get here Wednesday or so and they should be awesome, he claims they blow Monster away and i believe it, the cables look gorgeous.

All cables are professionally assembled and tested.

here is a link to the auction, you can email him and buy them direct without going through ebay. The cables pictured below and the auction are Component video cables he makes, but all of his cables and interconnects are solid core 20 gauge coax cable with flex casing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3071356047&category=32835

fd_1.JPG

80_1.JPG

----------------

On 1/17/2004 3:12:36 PM stream wrote:

Oh wow. Those are cheap. Are these generally accepted as good cables around here?

-Jesse
---------------

They work fine. I have them and Cardas IC's. I notice no audible difference to justify paying premium prices.

I've owned MIT Terminator 2, MAD (Modern Audio Design) Pearl 1, Transparent Audio MusicLink, Cardas CrossLink, and Cardas QuadLink-5C interconnects, and to my untrained ears, the last two Cardas ICs sounded the most natural in all my system configurations. From Carver to McIntosh to Nakamichi to AMC to solid-state to vacuum tube...The Cardas ICs just sounded right to me.

But what sounds right to me and my different audio component changes/upgrades may sound totally different to you and your system. I wouldn't begin to tell you what sounds best...maybe silver is best for your setup, or copper would do it for you. The MAD Pearls are flat Nordost-like ICs that are silver-coated copper strands, but I've never owned any pure silver interconnects, so I have no reference to go on.

I would be tempted to build my own. You can get 4 Eichmann bullet plugs for about $30 and 25 feet of 27 ga teflon coated silver wire for $60. Unless you have real problems with RFI, a twisted pair of wires is very good. You can also twist them around some foam caulk backer and get very low capacitance .

silver wire:

http://www.a-msystems.com/physiology/wirerod/silvertef.aspx

Bullet plugs:

pwolber@portal.ca

Jim N