Scratch other topic - best IC's under $75!

stream

Ill let you know how those interconnects i ordered sound, the ones that are hand made by a guy on Ebay. You cant beat the price for $25 shipped.

Also here is another option for you.

The Signal cable Analog two interconnect, it is $49.00 for 2 feet Pair Hand Terminated with Ultra High quality Scosche Platinum RCA connectors with Gold plating. You can and additional $5 for each foot extra.

http://signalcable.com/analogtwo.html

I recently ran across the Signal Cable interconnects (and other types as well) mentioned by Georg above from an ad on Audiogon. They appear to be at least a decent deal based on the price and the looks of their construction. The reviews I've seen so far are nothing but positve. I plan on giving them a try sometime in the future.

Wow, thanks guys. Decisions, decisions :)

The $50 Cardas I found on audiogon have already sold :(

So now, I'm deciding between the two cables that Georg mentioned, the KnuKonceptz (although you get what you pay for, and $22 just doesn't seem like a lot), Cobalt cables, or possibly some Monster Cable M850i or M950i.

I'm leaning toward the Cobalt cables right now. $64.50 for 1m.

-Jesse

ICs and speaker wires should be matched with your system to tune in the sound your looking for. If your system tends to be a bit on the warm, woolly or bass-heavy side then silver cables will add detail, speed and neutrality but they will sound too analytical or "tinny" in a less than warm system. On the other hand, cooper cables tend to add a bit of warmth or "fullness" to more analytical systems.

Sometimes its best to combine the two types (and there are others) to essentially equalize your system. I'd definitely suggest cooper ICs with non-tubed CD players and SS gear while silver really shines with tube preamps and most SET amps I've tried. Maybe its just direct-heated triodes that truely benefit from silver since I've been using silver ICs with a pr of 2A3 monoblocks recently and like the sound more than cooper. I like the cooper speaker cables over silver with my Khorns but I have no experience beyond the 1 pr of silvers I tried (Alpha Core) so as always, YMMV.

Have fun -Bryan

PS In my experience, silver wires image better in my system but its just a minor preference.

----------------

On 1/18/2004 11:04:13 PM stream wrote:

Well, I've decided to go with the Signal Cable Analog Two. 4ft for $65 shipped.

-Jesse

----------------

There you go bud1.gif You made a good choice, those seem to be some sweet cables. Let us know how you like them and they seem to be a good price as well.

That cable definitely looks like a great buy. It's basically patterned after the Jon Risch cable, and the same as The Skinny's Jazzman was talking about from www.diycable.com -- Just make sure you can get by with 2 feet.

Capacitance: 17.3 PF/FT

95% bare copper braid

Jacket: Black tint Teflon

Insulation: Foam FEP (Teflon)

DC Resistance: 15.0 ohm/M'

Velocity of propagation: 78.0 %