Are ALK's the best replacement for AA's in Khorns?

greg928gts

----------------

On 1/21/2004 4:06:24 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Damn, you've got to DEFEND it after you WRITE it?

----------------

It's more a "we're going to make you sweat for the next three hours". A bit like initiation day, but at the end of the road. Usually whenever you are allow to defend your thesis, that means it was judged worthy of being presented. Depending on the mood of the jury, you'll get slightly to heavily humiliated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/21/2004 4:13:11 PM painful reality wrote:

----------------

On 1/21/2004 4:06:24 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

Damn, you've got to DEFEND it after you WRITE it?

----------------

It's more a "we're going to make you sweat for the next three hours". A bit like initiation day, but at the end of the road. Usually whenever you are allow to defend your thesis, that means it was judged worthy of being presented. Depending on the mood of the jury, you'll get slightly to heavily humiliated.

----------------

I've been there. Yes, depending on the mood of the jury.... it can be like getting jumped by three guys in an alley.

Painful, just don't let them slam door on your fingers!9.gif

They are going to make you sweat by questioning the assumptions you made by relying on others theory's in the advancement of your own!

Nice box-o-tubes, any unworthy NOS 7591 in there to unload to help a poor grad student pay the bills?

----------------

On 1/21/2004 7:45:14 PM bkrop wrote:

They are going to make you sweat by questioning the assumptions you made by relying on others theory's in the advancement of your own!

Nice box-o-tubes, any unworthy NOS 7591 in there to unload to help a poor grad student pay the bills?

----------------

Well, I expect some embarassing questions. No 7591 in the box. It's mostly 6V6, 6F6, regulators and junk like 6080.

Tom, Steve's amps were not Horus but a new design I tried. It did use a current source. I'd like to draw a schematic from memory but I don't remember much what did I used. I need to find back the original schematic, somewhere in one of the boxes.

----------------

On 1/21/2004 7:30:33 PM painful reality wrote:

You mean Liberty fries?

----------------

Well, I'm going back to French Fries. Sounds more continental and sophisticated. Otherwise, I've been thinking I'd have to get a gunrack and confederate flag for my pickup truck.... That is so Howard Dean can appeal to me. O.K. I'm a redneck, but I'm a renaissance redneck.

9.gif9.gif9.gif

I'm just trying to replicate HD's Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh screech in my vocabulary.

Gotta go, missing Dukes of Hazzard