OT - My mother

skonopa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joined this one a little late but...

great to hear your mother is doing well and the surgery went well. i wish yall the best of luck during her recovery. i sat in on a heart cath and found the guys coronaries were occluded/blocked, the cardio and i went to see him and his family after the cath and broke the news to him and the family...i can imagine your family felt the same way they looked. it is wonderful that we can catch these things before the heart starves itself of o2.

again, super news that everything is doing well and i will pray for a seamless recovery.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 12:20:14 AM 3dzapper wrote:

Will your mom be coming home before Sunday?

Rick

----------------

Not likely, but she should be out of the ICU by then, so I can at least still visit her. I have last seen my parents over Christmas.

I am hoping the weather will be bearable to deal with. It is not like I have driven in snow before (geez, I am originally from Wisconsin, and have lived in Northern PA for a number of years), but I am more concerned about all the retards out there that think they can still drive a NASCAR race, despite all the snow. I have driven I-81 on a good day, and even doing 75 mph just to keep up with traffic (speed limit is 65), I still get those morons that sits right on my @$$ as though 75 is still not fast enough (Yeah, like that'll get the car in front of me to speed up. Usually there is no room to move over either due to the large trucks in the right lane). No friggan wonder there are always so many cops along that highway!

Again, I just want to say thanks for all the concerns, well wishes and prayers. I'll keep you guys posted on how things go after Sunday.

I went up there to Winchester earlier today and got to visit my mother. She is in good spirits and is doing well, considering what she has just been through. It will be a pretty slow recovery, but fortunatly, she is getting much better. She should be out of the hospital tommorrow.

I am glad that I at least got to see her for myself to see that she is indeed doing good.

Again, thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes.

Also, I managed to get back home (and a visit to Food Lion in to get some grocery shopping done) just before the snow started (whew!).

• 2 weeks later...

One final update!

I just talked with my parents tonight. My mother is out of the hospital. She has been out since last Monday (a week ago). She says she is feeling better by the day, so I hope in another month or go, she'll be as fit as a whistle again.

I just want to say thanks for all your well-wishes and prayers. You are a great bunch and I do enjoy "hanging out" on this forum, along with my friends on the FredTalk forums, the guys at work, the guys on the ski patrol, and my personal friends (off-forum).

Again, thanks.