Seriously Smilin, here they are!

wrench_peddler

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/22/2004 12:41:48 PM JohnWhite wrote:

Im thinking about it! I could always put the other corns I just got back on Ebay! or perhaps smilin's got something for a trade
11.gif

Hmmm, Heresy's or Cornwalls????

----------------

John, do you already have a set of corn's?

I love the Corns, heresy are Jrs if you dont have the space, they are relegated to be my sides or rear center in a 7.1 system.

BUY THEM THEY ARE COOL & AND UNUSUAL, ask frz, to check them out first! and see what they SOUND like. He made a most kind and generous offer to all on the klipsch forum. Thanks in advance and 3 cheers to FRZ

9.gif You are a NICE man.

smilin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:04:47 PM JohnWhite wrote:

Sigh, I knew this hobby was going to get out of control quickly!
2.gif
----------------

Cheaper than drugs and a lot more fun!!!6.gif2.gif

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:05:51 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/22/2004 12:41:48 PM JohnWhite wrote:

Im thinking about it! I could always put the other corns I just got back on Ebay! or perhaps smilin's got something for a trade
11.gif"

Hmmm, Heresy's or Cornwalls????

----------------

John, do you already have a set of corn's?

I love the Corns, heresy are Jrs if you dont have the space, they are relegated to be my sides or rear center in a 7.1 system.

BUY THEM THEY ARE COOL & AND UNUSUAL, ask frz, to check them out first! and see what they SOUND like. He made a most kind and generous offer to all on the klipsch forum. Thanks in advance and 3 cheers to FRZ
9.gif
You are a NICE man.

smilin

----------------

He's not driving to MA is he? I thought he was only willing to drive to go look at the verts in VT?

----------------

On 1/22/2004 1:09:53 PM JohnWhite wrote:

Yes Smilin, I got a pair back in November.

I've been thinking about buying a pair of Heresy's, I just picked up a HK 430 receiver this week and Im looking into my Tube amps.
----------------

No comparison between the two. Night and day.

I would like to throw something in, here. The difference between these coveted vertical Cornwalls and the regular ones, is simply a different motorboard (and the resulting 90-degree mounting difference in the horns). They share the same components. The cabinets, especially those raw birch decorator models, would be extremely easy to duplicate, for anyone familiar with woodworking tools. Heck, nothing simpler than butt joints!

So I guess I wanted folks to be aware of an alternative "upgrade" to vertical Cornwalls. One could build new boxes to spec (even using exotic veneers, and even mitered corners!) for probably less than the cost of shipping a set of verticals.

Chris, I forget which section of the forum, but there is a newbie who wants to spend $3 grand on a system who is from Massachussets. These Cornwalls would be a great start.

Fini, would you be able to turn one of the around with new motorboard and reveneered for the differential cost? That could be your niche. We must make sure we catch you on a weekend when you aren't too deep in the bottle of Muscatel, otherwise the squawker might be heading east-north-east, and the tweeter could be diving off the coast of the Marin Islands2.gif

The Cornwalls would be absolutely stunning in decorator Zebrawood or Rosewood. Heck, they are beautiful in Birch. Just doesn't have the same ring as "Pretty in Pink," though.16.gif

----------------

On 1/22/2004 2:12:43 PM Jon Anderson wrote:

Not the same Fini - When I got my Cornwall's in 1976 nothing, but nothing iratated me more than someone saying - "Gee, did you build those?" I would respond as calmly as possible, No, they're Klipsch...

These are beautiful examples of someone leaving well enough alone.

----------------

Agreed. What I'm suggesting, is if someone has the horizontal Cornwalls, especially if in average or worse cosmetic condition, and wished to "upgrade" to verticals, they could simply build new boxes (saving the original boxes if desired), and use the components. I'm usually flattered when someone assumes I've made a fine piece of furniture.

Those "mint condition" vertical decorator models are stunning for what they are, and most certainly will command a premium from collectors. I guess I'm just saying, there's nothing magical about the design that can't be easily duplicated by the average woodworker.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/22/2004 2:45:16 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Fini, how many fingers does the average woodworker have left? I can count three on both my hands
6.gif

----------------

----------------

On 1/22/2004 2:45:16 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Fini, how many fingers does the average woodworker have left? I can count three on both my hands
6.gif

----------------

I have no fingers, just 10 thumbs and definatly need a woodworker for my 2 pair!! BTW those corns look to have a few marks, so not mint, but near mint.12.gif