m00n gots a new toy! Oh yeah, hand me them speaker plans!

m00n

Oh yeah baby... Got my jointer

JP0610.jpg

Be making some speakers in no time atall.

Right after the shelves, which is right before I build a new table, which is right after I build a new router table, which is after I create some jigs which is right after I learn how to use all my new tools. 4.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ear! You're all heart there man! Where's the love? I know where it's at... When I start pumping out some beautyful looking speaker cabinets, you will be showing me some love. 9.gif

Just got the jointer put together, WOW WOW WOW! What a sweet toy this is. That damn corner is just *POW* 90 degrees of perfection. 10.gif

Uh hmmmm... m00n clears his through... Ok, I know it's NOT a lascala, or even a anything spiffy. But, it is my first non shop related project. I agree it's not perfect, could use a little tighter cutting and over precision, but hey, it's my first birdhouse. Oh yeah, I winged it (no pun intended) No plans just went for it. 4.gif

birdhouse1.jpg

birdhouse2.jpg

post-9291-13819251652226_thumb.jpg

Good choice, m00n! PC makes the best workhorse routers. Another tip on tablesaw blades: buy a rip blade for ripping solid stock. 24 teeth is fine. More teeth here is NOT better. Go to Ye Olde lumber yard and take a look at a (specified) rip blade. All the teeth will be ground "flat." In other words, each tooth is set to cut across the grain of the wood. Using a fine tooth ATB (alternating top bevel) blade to rip solid wood is like trying to chop a log using an axe WITH the grain. Not very efficient.

BTW, don't bother with router bits or saw blades that are not carbide tipped.

Good luck!

Aint gonna be building no bird house... I gotta get hot on something for the wife to show some value for all my purchases as of late. I caught a bunch-o heat tonight for spending money4.gif.

Anyway yeah, ones an 80 the other is a 24. I still have not taken them out of the packages yet. Stil running the stock blade. Have not really seen any need to change them yet. Have't started any real projects.

Fini, that's very nice work! Did you make the arcs with a band saw or a router and template? Band saw is one thing I don't have. Well there are a few things I still don't have. The only sander I have is a small hand held palm sander.

Is it cherry wood or ply with a cherry finish?

Jealous and envious. Although I don't have any tools to put in it yet, other than hand tools, the new house is going to have a 24x18 space in the basement dedicated to a shop. Not sure how I'm going to fill it, but at least I'll have the space, which will be quite a switch since our current house is a total of 30x20. Not real excited about living in an 18 ft trailer for a couple months as it's getting built, but sacrifices must be made.

Some great looking projects and tools on here, amazing what you can find on a speaker forum!