Klipsch Premiere better pictures!

TheEAR

Some may find this amusing and funny,maybe it is.

When YOUR job will be CUT you will stop making jokes.My job is safe as no matter where its made I work in configuring and building servers.

If Klipsch still has a bit of patriotism and pride left the Premiere line will be made in the USA.

Thank you

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EAR.....Factory jobs are vanishing all over the world. between 1995 and 2002, 22 million jobs disappeardworld wide Japan lost 16 percent, Brazil lost 20 percent Even China lost 15 percent. All this when global industrial output rose more than 30 percent. This may come as a shock But if your making good mony now, Dont expect to last. Even BOEING our last comercial aircraft manufacturer is out sourceing across the pond to keep competetive with AIR BUSS.... And you know what AIR BUSS is going to do to SLIT our THROATS.

About the Promedia series...

----------------

On 12/15/2003 5:15:17 PM ProMedia Tech 2 wrote:

BigBusa,

Do you know of any multimedia manufacturer that doesn't outsource? For that matter, any electronics manufacturer in general? It's no secret.

----------------

----------------

On 12/16/2003 3:28:28 PM ProMedia Tech 2 wrote:

Our home line is still manufactured in Hope.

Multimedia is a quagmire of electronics--completely different from passive speaker assembly. The expense would be outrageous.

----------------

Maron,

All nice and dandy,but the truth is America lost the most jobs,and they are losing them even in the R&D!I am not talking brainless factory jobs at minimum wage here,I am talking about jubs that require some education.

If we have to look from your grim vision,the world is going to third world war.As most people will never eat the notion of living with always less.At one point the greedy SOB's end up with their throats cut,this is a natural process called REVOLUTION.

Look around the globe,in Russia for example when people where pushed by the greedy bastard Tsar's to misery thinking people like Lenin woke the nation and made a real good cleanup.People will not live in shame and mysery like some greedy mosnters plan,as history tells things NEVER go like some greedy hogs plan.

And one last thing to think about,why do you think prisons are so packed beyond capacity? People who have no jobs in a system that requires one to have MONEY to survive will do all they can to live.be it legal or not,why is there more and more criminals,because even low wage jobs are missing.

This may be offensive for some who hide their heads in the sand,but its time to face the music and wake up.Ignoring facts only leads to problems,much larger problems.

Jobs need to be created here in America FIRST(please try to convince me otherwise,and see how it makes sense)

Two Chinese woofers $28 each (2X) = $56

Plastic Chinese tweeter $20

Crossover $10

Cabinet MDF $100

Veneer $30

Cheesy plastic faceplate $7

John -- I have immense amounts of respect for you, but I think you're kind of 'off' on this one.9.gif

I think the "cheesy" $7 faceplate is cool. I mean, it does serve a purpose sonically speaking -- I bet they image great. Also, not to fret, but I think the MDF motorbard is a full inch thick -- and then the faceplate. Who are you kidding anyway, should I dig out the post by you with the math supporting why MDF is better than plywood?

If the drivers are made in China, then I suppose it is possible that something like $28 could be actual cost on a manufacturing level. However, I bet Klipsch is certainly paying more than that for them. Let's get real here -- there's more in those than there is a K-33!

Your crossover estimate is probably right on. That is one thing that drives me nuts about Klipsch. OTOH, only a handful of speaker manufacturers use premium parts in their crossovers.

As far as the "plastic" tweeters go, you must be referring to the horn itself, because the drivers are titanium, and if they are at least as good as what's going in the RF-7 -- they completely dust the Heritage stuff in treble realism.

EAR.....There is a magazine called VOICE COIL Its for the Manufacture & industry to read. IN it you will see alot of the subassemblies for your spaekers are out sourced from the Pacific Rim.....When our filthy polatitions voted for NAFTA. (am I reading you right?) Do you now advocate A revolution? To keep the jobs on our shores?

"Do you now advocate A revolution? To keep the jobs on our shores?"

I do not need to advocate anything,people will not stay blinded and continue losing jobs forever.

Companies do not need to outsource much,look at Paradigm and Dynaudio they both manufacture all drivers and almost all components including moldings in house.

It's all in the name of business. Ask yourself this...an I'm not singling out EAR or anyone else.

Would you be willing to accept the same amount of pay as the average 'overseas' worker for the same job here in the US if the big corporations promised to only hire American labor?

Nissan and Honda now have more American-made parts in their automobiles (manufacturing plants in the US) than Chevy or Ford (plants abroad). Which car would you buy?

Who makes your TV?

Don't you think that ultimately, the savings in manufacturing are somehow trickled down to savings for the consumers?

"Don't you think that ultimately, the savings in manufacturing are somehow trickled down to savings for the consumers?"

Most of the savings go to the plant owner pockets,they always complain and want to pocket more and more.

Even banks cut jobs and yet they make HUGE profits,always complaining.And what does the customer gain...NOTHING.

Please look around and realise who is the BIG winner,not the customer.Bank on that

I agree with that, because if they didn't save on manufacturing, they'd just charge the consumers more. Someone had a good word for this way back....I think it was 'capitalism'.

On the other hand, if one really has an issue with this and refuses to purchase a product that goes against that priniciple, no matter how good that product might be, then there's definitely something commendable about that.

What kind of sneakers does everyone wear?

I know a price range for them, even the material that the woofers and horn driver are made of, as well as the projected REST of the speakers in this line, as well as some preliminary pricing ( have been told 2 different prices ) on the towers only. However, I am cautious about posting it due to fear of a mod banning me. But I can tease about it can't I 11.gif

What isn't made in China anymore, really? It's a shame, but that's the way a global market operates anymore.

The new Premier is nice...I'm not a fan of plastic, but at least the front baffle or motorboard is somewhat attractive. But full-frontal veneer would've been real nice IMO.

Now I wish this horn speaker would be built...this is definately high-end Klipsch (and PWK would've been proud indeed)!

paul_w_klipsch_1.jpg

post-11084-13819251717106_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/10/2004 12:26:10 AM jt1stcav wrote:

Now I wish this horn speaker would be built...this is definately high-end Klipsch (and PWK would've been proud indeed)!

----------------

Man. I'd love to a have a couple of those in my living room. That has "beautiful" writin all over it.3.gif

You know, the new Klipschorn sounds pretty incredible, and I have to wonder about the possibility of the Jubilee maybe just not being able to measure up to it performance wise. I'm not saying that this is the case, but only throwing this out there as an explanation as to why it hasn't been brought to market.

DeanG the bass bin of the JUBILLEE is superior by about 6db & 40hz. But who knows about top HF no info. I havent heard new Khorn HF. I understand K55x Has limited band width ( 450HZ to 4500HZ) Klipsch LLC will not confirm this. But look where they use xover positions.

This is what i've heard from a reputable source. The Ref Premier line will have mains (as in pic), centers, surrounds & sub all in the curved wood finish look (not sure if more than cherry will be available) with intro prices near or below the *current* R?-7 models. Street date: early '05 ... my only comment on the look would be to do the black plastic pieces in brushed alumimum or stainless or use a lighter/darker contrasting wood veneer finish if the pieces could be mde from MDF/wood. Hmmmmmm ... Cherry w/ White Oak? Light Ash w/ Mahogany? Cherry w/ Tiger Teak?. Fun to dream!

peace, mitch