Open Range

easylistener

I agree easy. We saw it in the big theater and then the DVD last night. The thunder and gun shots were very realistic. Costner's acting was just ok but he does make a good cowboy. Duvall's character was sort of like old Gus in Lonesome Dove. He was outstanding in both roles. Great scenery up there in Canada.

lol, I was going to post a topic about this moive a while ago, yes indeedy i watched this on my reference towers and wow, "booom" those gun shots were shaking my door!! especcially the part where Robert Duvall blows that guy against the wall with the "scatter gun." An excellent movie, I'd give it 4 1/2 starts easily.

harman kardon AVR 125

Pioneer DV-363-K

Klipsch RF-3 ll's

Energy e:XL 25's (surrounds)

Acoustic Research Component and optical cables

Samsung 27" TV

Xbox

Gamecube

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/6/2004 11:57:13 AM Kyler Cavers wrote:

lol, I was going to post a topic about this moive a while ago, yes indeedy i watched this on my reference towers and wow, "booom" those gun shots were shaking my door!! especcially the part where Robert Duvall blows that guy against the wall with the "scatter gun." An excellent movie, I'd give it 4 1/2 starts easily.

----------------

I liked the movie as well, the gun fire was very SUDDEN and in your face type of sound, not heard the likes on any other dvd that I can recall!

Also the thunder storm in the beginning is worthy of note, nice thunder there!

I did find the movie ran slow at times but that was how it went back in those days, when action was called for, the action was at rapid pace as required.

G2

guns shots were ill. the first one that really made me go "WTF" was costner in the bar, when they didn't want to server duvall any booze for the first time. with the whole camera affect (mild rattling) and the unexpectedness of the actual rifle going off, it was quite a pleasant experience.

----------------

On 1/26/2004 6:48:32 PM mineral wrote:

Yeah i myself wonder how they got such scenery onto film. Some of those shots were of the most beautiful i've ever seen in any film to date.

That at the movie had the most sickest western shoot-out ever concieved. many kudos to Costner.

----------------

Those shots were filmed in Canada. I checked out the special features disc. Just for a moment i really am not into that unless i am completely bored. But that one was interesting mayby i will check out more of them. I did when i first bought a dvd then i realised they just wasted space when they could of put a dts track on their or a full screen version. Even though i think i am truly liking dolby digital better than dts. Just my opinion went back and forth many times i just think dd is smoother. Sure dts is crisper and brighter but i dont care for that sound. I really don't hear any loss in detail just boosted highs from the dts and that can cause the illusion it has more detail. How did i end up their? I just rambled on i guess.

We just watched it last night-great movie. The thunder and gunshots were just tremendous. I agree with the earlier post-I don't recall hearing shots that were so realistic sounding (with closeness in mind). Very nice cinematography as well. I read that this film was filmed in Canada-anyone know whereabouts?

David