way off topic: my poor abused cat!

Daddy Dee

Well, I can't imagine people who actually hurt animals. I may be jumping to a conclusion that my cat was injured by a human being, but don't know how else she could have been hurt.

She came up with her tail just hanging limp. No life, just dead limp. Took her to the vet, and don't remember the medical term for the injury, but tail is pulled away from where it is supposed to be attached... resulting in permanent nerve damage. Her tail had to be taken off, since she wouldn't be able to move it to poop and she'd just be messed up all the time.

Now she is home, sporting a new bob-cat behind. Felt well enough to jump up on the bed to sleep and purred after eating tuna this a.m. But still doesn't feel well enough to play.

Vet thinks, since there were no animal marks, ie from fighting, she was probably swung around by the tail.

Who would do something like that?

Of course, I'm just kidding. See the end of page 2:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=44461&sessionID={97737A48-E662-4A36-B77C-DBF4B82E8F42}

Seriously, does your cat go outside? I can't imagine a friend or family member swinging your cat by its tail inside your home or out in your yard. Regardless, it takes a very sick individual to purposely torture an animal just for kicks. TheEAR has some wonderful comments in the General Forum from the above thread concerning what should be done to those who abuse poor, defenseless animals...

Hope your cat pulls through and continues to lead a normal, healthy life (8 more lives left).

Individuals that abuse animals are

sick and need a serious *** whooping inflicted upon them. I own 4 cats, 3 are strays I adopted. My male Siamese-Stevie Ray got out late Saturday night & was missing for 2-1/2 days. He goes out during the day but has never wandered off before. I was worried like a big dog. He showed up Tuesday morning hungry and wanting inside. My little buddy is in my lap right now. We are listening to the best of Sheryl Crow. Hope your cat has a speedy recovery.

Regards, Mike

Dee

that just makes me ill..we have 3 cats, all rescued..2 dogs rescued also..feel the same way about our pets as most do about their kids..

I'll try to think maybe she got her tail caught in a fence or something..but if not, hope the person responsible for this pays dearly..

Speedy recovery!

Steve

Well, It was a sad day in my household. Had to take the cat to be put down today. She hadn't done well post op and had lost control of her bowels. Vet said she probably would not regain control. She was a good one.

One thing unique about this cat. (She had two litters before she was spayed) She would catch a mouse and bring it into the carport for her kittens to practice hunting. Really cute. When the mouse would get away from the kittens she'd catch it and bring it back.

DD-

really saddened by your loss. as i read your posts, i was hopeful everything would be o.k., then the bad news15.gif

i found a great deal of support here when i lost my best friend,Bud, my black lab pictured as my avatar.

you may also find support and compassion at:www.rainbowsbridge.com

avman.

This is sad,some people should be put to sleep.Torturing and beating up a small animal is a clear sign the individual is stupid and has a massive inferiority complex.Often people like this hurt kids and weaker human beings,these creeps should be beaten in jail by inmates so bad they would never come back to lucidity.

I have a big cat,Big Meow a 26lbs beast and never let him out.As the streets are full of sadistic weakilings who enjoy hurting weaker living beings.

Sorry to hear the bad news.Some people deserve to be sent to the electric chair and fried

And since I am on it young nazis were trained on cats,I say one nazi one bullet in the head

Belive me if I would see some chup beating a cat I would beat the living crap out of him,cannot stand cowards like these.

Why does the chup not challenge someone stronger for a change?Savages