Anything I should know abot LS placement

Johnny TN

Johhny---Here's how I'd place 'em, I'd place 'em on Ebay and put the dough towards some KHorns, Cornwalls or Chorii; something with some bass. :-)

Seriously, I'd place them hard into the room corners in order to get the best possible bass from them, they're lack of bass and lightweight tonal balance is the speaker's big problem.

Yeah I plan to run them with my RW-12 I currently have..it's only 300 watts but it's pretty potent...eventually I'll upgrade to RSW or SVS if I find there is not enough bass. Khorns are too big, I'm looking for sound quality more then anything right now, so I thought LS would good for that.

I know most might not do this, but I use a DBX-1215 EQ that can take up some of the slack on the bottom end. With the tube amp and correct room placement I do not notice a large disparity in bass. They do not go as low as my corn system, but they are far more flexible than a pair of KHorns unless you have the perfect room dimensions.

The placement mentioned above is what I use, and the DBX takes care of the rest.

OK, now I will probably get slammed for using an EQ, but it is what I enjoy and it works. That's why I bought two of them.

Piranha---If placed back tight into corners you might see 50hz flat with LSs, maybe. My Peavey FH-1 basshorns with K-33s measured so when placed tight into corners with concrete walls and floor. And the FH-1 is a larger, better bashorn than the LS.

Now whether or not that's good enough bass is up to you, taste varies and there's more to bass quality than extension. Just so you know, that's all.

post-6913-13819251982866_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/3/2004 12:00:54 PM Johnny TN wrote:

Yeah I plan to run them with my RW-12 I currently have..it's only 300 watts but it's pretty potent...eventually I'll upgrade to RSW or SVS if I find there is not enough bass. Khorns are too big, I'm looking for sound quality more then anything right now, so I thought LS would good for that.

----------------

Khorns actually take up less room than lascalas if you have good corners. Just a thought.

My Belles have no bass problem once I went to my Mac amp. So I don't think the LaS should have. I do have '76 that went lower than the newer ones but am not sure if anyone should/could hear a differnce. And I know for a fact (personal experience) that amps, pre-amps and placement can make a big differnce in bass as well as overall sound. Individually as well as together.

hoggy

I've gotten used to having less bass. 2.gif

Actually true. I used to have way too much bass cranked up, it's easy to get addicted, but once I had wonderful midrange to listen to, gobs of bass just wasn't necessary anymore.

If your seating position is against a wall, you'll have plenty of bass with the LS in the corners. If you seat yourself away from the wall, I bet the bass drops dramatically.

Greg