Disturbing news story....

Griffinator

I hate people. There is no other way to put it. Seeing this stuff adds to it even more.

I hate dealing with people, everything. I have some REALLY good friends, and I get along with whoever I want (mostly because I need to or there is something in it for me, that is NOT the came with my frineds), but in general, I HATE people. I took some psychology test, and the results said something to the effect:

'You can associate with and have close friendships and relationships with a familiar group of people (as in, people I deal with or see all the time), but you have a general distain for people in general.'

That is 100% true.

People suck 9.gif

People like this should de terminated,they can only destroy the foster kids lives and inflict heavy mental disorders.

Who wants to spend money on lunatics like this? People who apply for adoptions should be checked and their mental health verified by competent doctors(as a good few are not COMPETENT,and should have their diplomas voided and destroyed).

This sound more like an Alfred Hitchcock movie,yes the sad part is more people like this are out there.

Here in Quebec Canada a hospital I will not name was in the news for bad treatment of elders and sick patients,rooms during winter were below 6 Celcius,patients had gaping wounds! Imagine a HOSPITAL,a place of healing was ending lives of people in the need with abuse and negligence! The whole staff should be questioned and all the guilty fired and all practice lisences revoked,the directors jailed.

Repulsive

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:48:44 AM TheEAR wrote:

Who wants to spend money on lunatics like this? People who apply for adoptions should be checked and their mental health verified by competent doctors(as a good few are not COMPETENT,and should have their diplomas voided and destroyed).

----------------

Whoa, slow down there.

You need to understand that foster parents are not people who adopt kids. They are people who get paid by the state to take care of kids who are removed from their families for various reasons (usually because the parents go to jail, abuse them, any number of things)

Adoptions? Sh1t. This country is a nightmare for prospective adoption candidates. Not only do you have to basically give and account for your entire life story, but the process ends up costing you $10,000 and up worth of legal fees. That's for anyone who wants to adopt.

Foster parents, OTOH, aren't nearly as rigorously screened. Most are frickin' welfare cases anyway - which is why they're so eager to take in foster kids (the money and extra government handouts) and so bad at taking care of them (the kids aren't seen as human beings, only as sources of income)

Hence, the system is completely and utterly broken, and you get f3cked up stories like this one all the damned time.

Story states

============================================================================

The couple that lived in the home, Donna and Kenneth Keaveney, have been charged with both elderly, and child abuse.

============================================================================

Don't tell me that's all they can charge these people with. Not only that, the social workers who were in charge of the children should be held accountable. There is no excuse as to why this went on as long as it did.

That is just foul.

Griffinator,

ouch. That hurt.

My wife and I are pre-adoptive foster parents of a four year old. His bio mom was a crack / heroin / cocain addict who new my wife's sister. We've been involved with Nick since the day he was born, and have been planning on adopting him all along.

We have spent $0 on legal fees. DCF (Department of children and families) provided all legal counsel. They have proven to be caring, concerned and above all else watching out for the best interest of Nick.

We've had three different case workers as our case moved from stage to stage through the system, all of whom were excellent.

Adoption is due to be final sometime this June.

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:43:21 AM kenratboy wrote:

I hate people. There is no other way to put it.

'You can associate with and have close friendships and relationships with a familiar group of people (as in, people I deal with or see all the time), but you have a general distain for people in general.'

----------------

I've heard Miss Anne Thrope is looking for dates.

woo

There are people in this world who were born with no souls.

There are people who have decided they like doing evil.

There are weak-willed people who have fallen from good.

Despite all this, there are a multitude of people who do good, love, and nurture themselves and others. Let's pray that those who can be helped, get it, those that cannot be helped receive grace, and those who are lost are not long on the face of the Earth.

Don't let evil turn you from hope, of from making a difference while you are on this mortal coil. We won't be judged solely by the good music we like to listen to, but also by those whose lives we have touched, hopefully for the better9.gif

If you want to do good today, just don't go up to a pretty stranger, and ask "Can I touch you?" As Bill Clinton said in a rare moment of truthfullness, how you define a verb is very important!2.gif

Foster Parents

Money Grubbing Baby Humping Bastards ! - According to The Tabloid Press. ( Rare examples are routinely presented as typical exemplars of the norm).

Most FP's are extraordinary people who offer a decent and safe ( and in most cases closely supervised ) home to children whose parents are unable or unwiling or unsuitable to care for them.

In return for providing that service Foster Parents are typically portrayed in the media as Saints or Money hungry Pedophiles.

It is undeniable that poor quality child care agencies exist and that some unsuitable foster parents have been/in some rare cases are entrusted with the care of children. It is also true that the vast majority of children in foster care are receiving excellent care from foster parents who love them and who are in fact not only not profitting from caring for them but who are actually out of pocket in the process.

That said - Child Protection Agencies/Children's Aid Societies etc. exist because many children are at risk for abuse and exploitation and society has an obligation to protect them. Foster Parents are part of that system. The alternative is the Foundling Home/Orphanage. ( Does keep the little bastards out of sight ).

Orphanges/foundling homes of course are as subject to the slings and arrows of public opinion as are Foster Parents.

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:48:44 AM TheEAR wrote:

Here in Quebec Canada a hospital I will not name was in the news for bad treatment of elders and sick patients,rooms during winter were below 6 Celcius,patients had gaping wounds! Imagine a HOSPITAL,a place of healing was ending lives of people in the need with abuse and negligence! The whole staff should be questioned and all the guilty fired and all practice lisences revoked,the directors jailed.

Repulsive

----------------

Reminds me of Russia (even current day). My Russian culture professor told us a story about a personal friend who was in a Russian hospital for heart problems. A person in the room started having a heart attack and everyone started paging the nurse. Of course they never came because the nurse was in the next room having sex with the doctor. This is all on top of the horrible conditions of their hospitals. I agree though, people like this should be thrown into a black whole.

----------------

On 2/6/2004 6:13:35 PM chuckears wrote:

Yeah, his majesty George W. is first on the list...

----------------

Oh man, chuckears. I wished you hadnt mentioned that fact. Were going to have enough problems attracting all these people to the launch pads as it is. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/6/2004 2:08:26 PM Ray Garrison wrote:

Griffinator,

ouch. That hurt.

My wife and I are pre-adoptive foster parents of a four year old. His bio mom was a crack / heroin / cocain addict who new my wife's sister. We've been involved with Nick since the day he was born, and have been planning on adopting him all along.

We have spent $0 on legal fees. DCF (Department of children and families) provided all legal counsel. They have proven to be caring, concerned and above all else watching out for the best interest of Nick.

We've had three different case workers as our case moved from stage to stage through the system, all of whom were excellent.

Adoption is due to be final sometime this June.

----------------

I'm most comforted by the fact that you are fostering (and soon to be adopting) a child, Ray. I have no doubt in my mind that you are a perfectly reasonable parent, and well-qualified for the job.

What infuriates me about the DSS is the horror stories that swing both ways. On one hand, people like the ones mentioned in this article manage to torment children for a good long time before they finally get caught. On the other, there are parents who are run up on charges and have their children taken from them because they, for example, spanked their kid and missed a little high with one shot, leaving a red mark on the lower back. Daycare worker or teacher sees it and BAM!

I know that not every foster parent is like these freaks. It doesn't mean that our system isn't broken.

Our system isn't broken so much as its priorities are all screwed up.

The bio mom in our case has been in (that I personally know of) 7 rehab programs, ranging from a few weeks to 6 months. In each case, she had her room, food, counseling, medical care, and other basic needs provided for by the "state" (aka Ray, wife and other tax paying citizens.) She gets food stamps, a housing subsidy (she pays les than $75 a month for a $800 apartment), child assistance checks (even though her parental rights were terminated a few months ago), federal income tax credits (even though she is not employed and earns no money she gets a "refund"), and on and on and on...

It really makes me angry sometimes. Bio mom (Charlene) gets chance after chance after chance, is supported by everyone else who lives in Connecticut with rent subsidies, food subsidies, clothing subsidies, drug rehab programs and unlimited free counciling, but Nick gets zip. Nada. Zilch. Charlene goes into a program, spends a few weeks to a few months there, makes all sorts of promises about what she's going to do when she gets out, then within 24 hours of leaving the program she disappears again, surfacing a few weeks later with some wild story about how she was kidnapped and help hostage in New York and only just now escaped...

Deep breath. There, I feel better now. Mary and I love Nick, and I guess whatever cosmic kharma resulted in him being with us I should be thankful for, but it really burns me sometimes when I see how unfairly the resources of our society are allocated between those that create unfortunate circumstances and those that suffer them...