Personal attacks

Dflip

I am very new to this site, stereo equipment and even computer postings,,, so there is nothing I can give to help this forum.

I am here to learn. To allow others to help me. To build a system from nothing. In the short time many people have been absolutely wonderful. I have seen friends helping friends. Adults helping children. And strangers (like me) spoken to with respect.

When words are written for the purpose of harm, I leave the forum. If it continues, any one worth having will slowly fade away.

Disagree like men. With RESPECT and REFLECTION.

Troy

Hi Troy,

If you are here to learn, you are in a very good place, despite all the bickering. Why leave? The words will not hurt you. You will learn which posts to avoid (not because of hurtful content so much as they are a waste of time). You can laugh at other posts and have a great time. Don't let a few bad posts rob you of many good times ahead. I don't believe that anyone worth having is going away, they have learned to deal with the negative things one way or another.I-Iell, I'. still here, and so are the many, many that I have learned from and continue to learn from (except for politics 9.gif ). Stick around Troy, you'll have fun!

At one time, the occasional disagreements here were handled with some amusing banter and the rejoinders clever enough to bring a laugh. Somewhere along the line, it just turned to raw bile and rancor with wordbats swinging at the slightest provocation. All subtlety was lost. This became the norm instead of the exception.

On another front, I dont mind people posting here without Klipsch speakers either. They could be interested in the other content especially since this forum is more electronics motivated than most of the others. I can count several whose posts I value that have NEVER had a Klipsch product in their home and a few more that might have Klipsch down the road. I know others with total Klipsch coverage who have also not sampled a wide variety of speakers or gear leaving their view of all things Klipsch a bit on the biased side.

The only thing I find troubling in here (besides the loss of the points in paragraph one) are those that troll and bait at ever post, with a personal agenda riding beneath the surface. Newbies have litle awareness of this going on since it takes some time here to see. It's too easy for the rancor and total bile mentioned in paragraph one to come to surface. Again, somewhere along the line, this became the norm. Also, even a short while back, newbies would hold off on advice or strong opinions, slowing getting some more experience before coming in full force with recs, iron clad pronouncments, and "this is it" statements. This place now holds a virtual stockpile of posts which contained such pronouncements only to be completely contradicted later with nary a notice. Of course, some of this is expected and looked upon as the natural course. But it seemed to be the norm. But I think without newbies and new excitement, this place IS rather dead. It just nice to have some perspective thrown in.

Sadly, as many gain experience and perspective, they just stop posting. A lot of the content here is generated by brand new users, surely a worthy contribution but not always tempered with apt comparisons. Still, there is something great about sharing the excitement of a new discovery. But the tempering of this find with the realization that comparison is minimal doesnt seem a high priority.

Just as on ebay, this place seems to run on cycles as well with a life of its own. There have been down times and exciting times and everything in between. I am really surprised that Dale walked off after that minor rebuke from ole Tom, surely one of the long-time characters on this forum. Tom and I have gone at it more than a few times in the past but you balance this out with the knowledge that rides along with it, and the amusing tidbits as well. Tom can take a bit of heat too. I think ole Dale will be back - he shouldnt depart until achieving total burnout, something that does come and go here.

On the whole, when at its best, this forum shares some great advice and experiences. Dean is right too... it is very much like a typical family, filled with mutants and everyhing in between.

Lastly, a good sense of humor and the absurd is a welcome quality. Sometimes, it's easy to take this mess too seriously. It's only audio... or is it? heh.

kh

"3. People who post and do not own Klipsch"

Oh sh*t.

That's me gone.

Well I did own Klipsch - a number of them if it helps. I'm just Klipschless at the moment - it may change with time - it wasnt my fault - my wife insisted - too many speakers - I wanted to sell the Sansui's but they were her dad's - if it were up to me of course - I didnt expect the speakers I built to sound that good - I believe there were only ever 3 sets of Cornwalls sold in Greece - I dont have corners - LaScala's just dont sound good over here and I dont know why - I dont have the cash for Belles - the RF7 is just not my bag - I liked the RF3 but not as much as the Heresy's - the RF15 is cute - I could put them in my car if it helps - I have lots of friends with Klipsch over here - I do recommend them to others - I'm very friendly with the Klipsch distributor over here - if I listened to Rock more I would own a pair of Forte's....

Oh come on - can I stay - pleeeassseeee

I don't feel at all threatened by posts from newbies about their experiences. Everybody has different things to share. It's easy enough to figure out their levels of expertise, and usually newbies are apologetic about their knowledge base anyway. If they say something real wacky, somebody will point it out. I'd much rather have some variety in posts than listen to the same old same old by self-proclaimed experts with golden ears who viciously attack anyone who disagrees with them and then try to pose as innocent, reasonable creatures. That said, there are some *true* experts here, they know who they are, and you'll find that they usually are pretty self-effacing.

My point # 3 was intended to address those who offer advice in massive doses who do not own Klipsch.

This or that speaker cable, pre amp, or power amp should go well with BLA BLA BLA.

I thought my McIntosh analogy was very clear.

Newbies and their inquiries are always cheerfully accepted. Some I even send private messages to from time to time.

----------------

On 2/9/2004 11:43:43 PM sheltie dave wrote:

When some people start getting worked up, I try to magine them *****ing at each other naked .....

----------------

Oh God NO! they should have never posted those pics from the Chicago gathering!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

----------------

On 2/10/2004 9:46:45 AM Woodog wrote:

We could send another man to the moon. But we'd be better served if we had the vision to send millions of healthy, well-educated children into the future.

-- TomPaine.com

----------------

This argument has been around since the 60s. Edwards is going around the country claiming that every night 35 million American children go to bed hungry. I guess we better kill the Mars mission and take all those starving kids to dinner. Did you ever notice there are no reports of starving kids or homeless people during Democratic administrations?

When you give a school district more money, they just add a level of administration. When you take away some money from a school district, they don't fire an administrator, they end bus service or cancel sports programs.

And you sir, are a sandwich short of a full picnic!

Lets see, another bad insult:

The best part of you ran down your mothers leg!

There I said it, and I am glad.

It is hard for me to believe that there are adults old enough to type who still persist in provoking others with name-calling. This behavior should be left in the kindergarten schoolyard.

7.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2004 10:12:43 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Only one reason school systems fail.

The overwhelming percentage of the immediate community does not value education.

I have close relationships with Detroit Police and Teachers.

Money is not a factor.

Parenting is.
----------------

What? You mean parents are supposed to..... PARENT?

This will certainly take some getting used to. Alas, another societal upheaval. Whatever shall we do?

Disclaimer: For those unacquainted with my style and/or views, that would be considered somewhat sarcastic in tone, and completely in agreement with the honorable Flynn. Please don't flame me, as I'm very sensitive, and may soil my skirt. Thanks a lot.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

]

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

----------------

yeah woodog, your just jealous2.gif

TBrennan- you are such a self center'd paranoid tool of unknown discription.

Olny you would think to put 1 and 1 together and think he was talking about you. Ever stop to think you were " wrong " and his comments were just a generalization, before you start swinging insults ?? is everything about you ?

Maybe he never responded to your ingnorant post because it was just that !!

Maybe he's more of a man than you are.

No where in any of his posts does he mention your name ? Yet your quick to come out swinging against him.

I'm mad as hell about this because dale has helped me with more things than i can list all due to being here. Your so far off base about the inter-connects it's not even funny. They were never the problem ( he swapped out several pairs ) the problem was a loose connection at the amp but why go back and revisit a thread that you've already been called an idiot ?

I talked to dale on the phone last night ( his 40th birthday yesterday ) and he will " not " be back.

Thanks a bunch from all of us .

----------------

On 2/10/2004 10:52:46 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

]

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

----------------

yeah woodog, your just jealous
2.gif

----------------

Ya...., O my Gawd what a scary thought6.gif !!

Tom