About to destroy all my credibility with SPAM.

Griffinator

----------------

On 2/14/2004 6:32:06 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

I would gladly pay the 4% for using paypal if I was saving a decent amount and for the convenience.

----------------

If you shop around for custom cable vendors (eg. Blue Jeans, HeartLand, Rhino, etc) you'll find that they offer a superior cable at a competitive price. Most of them offer a no-hassle 30 day return and do not charge you an additional fee for using Paypal. Just food for thought....

----------------

On 2/14/2004 4:55:44 PM device manager wrote:

Merchant rate is 2.2% plus .30 cents

Standard rate is 2.9% plus .30 cents

Charging your customer an additional fee for using Paypal is one way to drive people away, and it also violates the Paypal TOS you agreed to.

8.gif

----------------

Why do you think I said "I would accept..."

I know full well what Paypal's TOS for merchant accounts is. 4%, 3%, whatever. It's close enough to the margin point I'm offering to forum members that I have no choice but to discourage them from using it.

----------------

On 2/14/2004 11:39:24 PM device manager wrote:

If you shop around for custom cable vendors (eg. Blue Jeans, HeartLand, Rhino, etc) you'll find that they offer a superior cable at a competitive price. Most of them offer a no-hassle 30 day return and do not charge you an additional fee for using Paypal. Just food for thought....

----------------

By all means. If you want to go that direction, I'm all for it. I'm not interested in trying to compete with anyone. I have some product offerings, and, after looking through a number of e-tailer sites, I've come to the conclusion that I can do better than they do on the same products. You'll notice, for example, that I did not mention Blue Jeans cable in my list - because I don't distribute for them, and therefore cannot compete with their website pricing! What I offer, I offer at as aggressive a price as I can to people here on the forum (ask some of the folks who inquired about the Sherbourn amps) and let things fall where they may. If I'm not offering good enough pricing, we'll all find out pretty quick. It's a big internet out there.

Lets say Griff sell me an amp that retails for $1000 but only charges me $800. I saved $200 if I pay by check. So if griff was already hooking me up should I expect him to absorb the additional fees for the transaction because I am too lazy to get a money order or I want to use a credit card?

I personally would not mind paying the fee. If I disagreed with paying the fees then I would simply send him a money order.

Even if I was to pay the fees i would still be $168 ahead. But then again I could go to the local dealer and try to haggle for a 5% off. nahh I will take my $168 thank you.

This is an offer extended by Griff. He could simply ask the buyer in a PM or email how they would be paying and add the applicable fees into the price without the buyer know or simply refuse paypal all together.

Let's not bite the hands that could feed our passion.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 2:16:22 PM dkp wrote:

Griff,

I don't know if it's against the rules or not, but why don't you put your company website in your first post? If you don't do that, e-mail it to me and I'll check it out.

Thanks,

David

----------------

David - I'd love to give you a website address. Problem is, I don't have one yet. This whole venture is 100% new, and you're watching it develop from the beginning. I will have a site up soon (err - as soon as I find someone who's got the skillz - I'm an HTM-illiterate!)

See, I didn't just show up here as an internet junk jockey - you can ask the longtime forum members. I worked at Best Buy right up until last month. I started working for a small home theater/sattelite installation company - and the owner and I hatched an evil plan to get us out of contract installation and into high-end turnkey HT and whole-house audio jobs. Suddenly, after getting some help here at the forum finding the right distributors, I had all these products at my disposal. I thought "Hey, what better way to thank you guys for the help than to give you all 'back room deal' pricing on what I'm now selling!"

So basically you're catching me very early on in this whole venture, and as a result I'm not 100% prepared with a snazzy site to send you to and fulfillment and all that stuff.

Don't worry, though. As soon as TotalHomeEntertainment.biz (.com is already taken by some dude in Georgia) is up and running (thanks again, Klipschfoot! The name stuck!) I'll let everyone know! 9.gif

• 1 year later...

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:58:36 AM johnyholiday wrote:

bump well was there ever a website, was just diggen around in the old posts

----------------

Johnny - way to revive a dead thread! 9.gif

The website, believe it or not, is still under construction at www.totalhomeentertainment.biz (oops) - It ended up being a radical new concept that I'm still working out logistical details on - I'll let you know when we finally get it up and running...

Unfortunately, nearly every brand of really cool stuff is ixnay on the internet direct sales via websites, much like Klipsch. I still can quietly and off to the side sell stuff to forum members, I just can't publicly advertise pricing and so forth.

----------------

On 3/3/2005 7:43:44 AM minn_male42 wrote:

hey griff....

whoever said you ever had any credibility on this forum to get destroyed????

----------------

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

BTW, this thread is just about a year old now, as that's how long I've been involved with this company. Only reason it's taken so long to really get launched is because my former boss, the once-excited partner, got scared when he started seeing the numbers I was throwing around as "high end" systems...

Of course, this is the same guy who "prefers the skinny speaker wire that comes with these systems because it's easier to run through the walls"...

If someone on this forum offers services or products that benefit others in form of superior performance, proper application, or cost savings - 99% of us want to know about it. The other 1% can go suck an egg.