Trip to Indy II

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 3/2/2004 2:23:31 PM trey cannon wrote:

The Pilgrimage will be June 11 - 13.

----------------

YES!!! I can go!!! Woo hoo! I was so worried it was going to be that last weekend of June.

The only possible conflict that may arise is one of the guys on the ski patrol was talking about a white-water rafting trip on that weekend. As much as I love to go white-water rafting, I will most likely end up going to this instead.

Now, unless Griff and/or GaryMD wants to drive up with me, I'll start looking into flights.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I'm still not sure if I'm going. I may have a conflict. If I do, we could definitely drive together although I'm very tempted to fly if rates aren't too outrageous. I'll let you know as soon as I figure out what I'm doing. Larry's been looking into flights but may want to ride also if we decide to go that route.

Actually, I think it's too long a drive for my inner ear, so I'll likely fly if I go. Southwest's non-stop 737s look the most promising and fly out of BWI, which was why I asked. I can take a taxi if you've already left. Thanks!!

I'll be there and will have my car with me. I could do some airport shuttling too.

Rodger (IndyKfan) You will have to have us over to see your Klipsch Karioke setup.

My friend Vince may come down with me this year. Some of you have met him at my house.

This is going to be great!!!!

JM

----------------

On 3/2/2004 9:49:29 PM garymd wrote:

BTW - If we decide to drive, we can take my van (unless Steve has something bigger). It'll easily hold 3 or 4 comfortably with room for gear.

----------------

I only have a Saturn SL-2, but it does have a totally kick-@$$ sound system in it though 9.gif. If nobody is willing to drive it, I'll just fly it. I most likely be flying out of Reagan National, especially since I could just take the train to get there from Fredericksburg.

I just have a few questions regarding the trip to Indy...

1. Do you have to register, or does everybody just show up?

2. How many people were there last time?

3. How far ahead should I book a room, and also, where does everybody stay?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jeff George,

My guess is that it will go down like the last time.

Trey Cannon will set things up at a local motel where the bunch of us can get some sort of conventioneers discount.

Trey will want a head count just to know how many have to accomodated at the tour. Last year was about 25 people.

Last year a bunch of us met in the motel hospitality room on Friday night to get aquainted over some soft drinks (ahem). Art had brought along his customized Heresy. Who knows what will show up this year.

In the morning we had the hotel breakfast and caravanned over to headquarters.

My guess is that Group Leader Trey will make a post in this thread giving hotel information and requesting confirmation of headcount to him via e-mail.

The tour will take most of Saturday. The factory brought in sandwiches to the company cafeteria last year. We all went to supper at a club with live music. It may work out the same.

A splended time is guaranteed for all, as the song says.

Best,

Gil