ot: Houston astros help

kohill

I am taking my son to the Astros opening day game April 5th for his 12th birthday. We will be flying in from Little Rock that day. Which airport is best to fly in to for access to the park? Do I need to rent a car or is Public Trans OK? How about a resonably priced hotel? Thanks to all, This is a big event for him and I don't want to blow it.

Goerge bush international is a bit closer then hobby

I would get a car...or cab...

the stadium is in the old downtown....very nice.....

For hotels...look in galeria area as many very nice restaurants .....very nice and not too bad....plus you can see the galria mall and go ice skating....

HTH

Hobby is much closer to downtown Houston then Bush. You will need a car. Parking for Minute Maid Park is private lots or on the street. Hotels downtown and the Galleria are not very cheap. If this is for just one nite you may want to check out a Motel 6 or a Ramada Inn. There are also many hotels near the medical center and Reliant Stadium. If you choose a hotel near the new light rail you can ride the train downtown and walk a few blocks to the ballpark. If you have time drive down to Galveston for some fresh seafood. Or go to Kemah and watch the sailboats while you eat.

Hobby Airport is much smaller than Intercontinental and would be easier to get in and out of. I'm not sure there is much of a difference in distance between the two airports to the stadium now that it is located downtown. Go to Hobby and you will also be closer to the Johnson Space Center. Take your son there, it may very well end up being more impressive than the baseball game.

As a lifelong Yankee fan who bleeds pinstripe blue, all I can say is "I'm jealous." All of us up here in Yankee land have suddenly developed a certain kinship with the Astros, and will be rooting for you guys this season. Wouldn't a Yankee/Astro World Series be a blast?!

Best,

C

Hobby is closer and smaller then Bush. If you stay near Hobby you will also be closer to JSC, Galveston, Kemah and if like that sort of thing, the Pasadena petro-chemical complex. At night it is quite a sight. There is a pretty good place to eat at Brodway and I45. Kelly' Country Cooking. Most items under 10.00.

Hobby is the closest. You can get a bus that will take you downtown. I believe you can go to Metro.com and find the appropriate bus schedule. The hotels downtown are fairly nice. There is a hyatt that has a rotating restaurant. Too bad your not here right now as the rodeo is going on for 2 weeks. George Stait tonight. As for food there is the downtown aquarium,hard rock and various venues downtown. Good luck and go Astro's. By the way Roy Oswalt is the starting pitcher. Cheers.