Heresy II's FOR SALE

analogman

Gentlemen,

I have two pair of 1985 Heresy IIs which I wish to sell as a lot. I am offering them here on the forum first,before advertising them in the paper. Serial #s are as follows;8558537 thru 8558540 HIIBRs, nominal impedence 4 ohms. One pair has been stained red mahogany and finished with tung-oil, the other pair is natural Birch and clear coated with 14 coats of water based polyurethane. All four have Very Clean cane grills with badges. All four present Very Well and I rate them an honest 8.5 out of 10 cosmetically. 100% original except the finish of coarse,all drivers and networks 100%. Strong,Clean,Tight.

For sale as a set of FOUR only, I need the ROOM! and I really don't want to let them go,a clean deal will help minimalize my post-partum regret! I live in the San Francisco Bay area (Concord,California)and am interested in LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!! If you are interested and serious private message me and leave a phone # and when you wish to be called and I will contact you and we can set up an audition.

I want $1,200.00 FIRM for the FOUR (Both Pair)

Thank You,

Analogman

(Originally posted in Home Theater)

No offense, but that seems like quite a bit for Heresy II's. It could be the reason why no one here has expressed interest. If they are reasonably priced one of the Forum members would buy them immediately.

As I point of reference, I bought a pair of near mint 84's for $355.

This is just my humble opinion however. Of course you are free to ask whatever price you like.

Gentlemen,

THANK YOU!!! for the feedback. Not a problem! If you care about my feelings on the matter, I've addressed your observations on the thread following my duplicate "FOR SALE" post in the Home Theater forum. It seems for now to be a buyers market (some what) but that will not last long. You must also bear in mind that I live in Northern California and the used mid-fi outfits in Berkeley will go (pay) $300.00 a pair (I've checked with a well known shop I've bought quite a few pieces from).I respect EVERYONE'S input,there is however a spread between the East Coast,Texas and the Midwest you can't ignore.From cigarettes to gasoline;your retail is roughly our wholesale.I put these on the forum as a matter of protocol.

I know what you are saying,I watch E-Bay too.Try to understand what I am saying as well.

With Regards,

Analogman

Ditto, unfortunitly gasoline cigs. etc. etc. are all local items. Speakers are not, you may be able to get a premium because they could save on shipping but thats about it. Or if you catch someone who is not aware of ebay, this forum or the whole internet thing you might be able to hood wink them7.gif .

Well, good luck selling two for $600 let alone 4 for $1200. You better hope that you run across someone that has no clue.

You can get a nice pair of Cornwalls for $600-700 which is three to four times the speaker.

By the way, I live in California and so do many other Klipsch owners. Also please keep in mind that Klipsch speakers are a niche item.

These are my opinions. I am certainly not in the market for another pair of speakers. I already own five pair of Klipsch.

Dear Playntheblues,

Do you mean local like the gasoline they refine within spitting distance of my home that costs, on average, 75 cents to $1 more than the rest of the U.S.? Or my Winstons, they make back home at RJR in North Carolina, that are about half what they are here? MSRP slightly higher on the west coast1.gif THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!!!!

Analogman

Gentlemen,

You are exactly correct and I take no offense. However one should consider the following;anyone that is interested may SEE,TOUCH,FEEL and HEAR these in my home BEFORE making a commitment.I also am not crazy about intrusting anything with today's carriers.I know all Heritage models are not equal and that I am asking a very top dollar but my proposition eleminates the following;shipping costs,transportation damage, and little surprises like bad voice coils that often accompany "blind" auctions.Not to mention the fact that Heritage seems to be becoming more and more difficult to obtain new.If I sell these I will only have one pair of Heritage left,a beat up little pair of original Heresy I rescued from a garage.Ugly but they sound great.I have made a decision with regards to pricing that I hope I can live with.

Thanks for looking and thanks for your feedback!

I will give this a week on the forum.

Thanks Again,

Analogman

Originally Posted in Home Theater

Piranha,

I know, you live in Southern California.Niche item?,EXACTLY!!! But it doesn't have to be that way. Cornwall FOUR Xs the speaker!!14.gif6.gif1.gif !!!

That could start a debate on about a 100 levels.Klipschorns are a million Xs better but not in my piss-ant condo9.gif Everyday,people pay bucks that make $1,200.00 look like lunch money and they're paying for CRAP!!! You know what I am talking about!! Maybe some Bose Lifestyle owner will score these,be better off,and will then have a clue!!! Oops,you're right!No One here needs that type of help1.gif2.gif

Thanks again for all the feedback,

Analogman

Like I said, I wish you the best of luck. I really do. Maybe you will get $600 a pair on eBay? Anything is possible.

On another note, I am curious. Are you saying that a Cornwall is not 3-4 times the speaker that a Heresy is? Your message is a bit unclear?

Take my word, there is no debating it. The Cornwall is a MUCH better speaker than the Heresy. No one that has heard the Klipsch Heritage line would dispute that either. I happen to own both and I have A&B'd them on numerous occasions. The Heresy, although a great speaker for it's size, cannot hold a candle to the Cornwall.

Piranha,

Reread the post;I in NO way implied Heresy "better" than Cornwall,that would be silly.Check completed auctions on e-bay for Heresy,you would be surprised. IIs have been doing better on average than original Heresy(s).Right around five bills?!? Go figure.

Analogman

If not then I oppoligize, but I believe this is a troll. Someone who wants to excite excitement!! Seen it on several boards. crying " I NEED ATTENTION"

SELL EM GET WHAT YOU CAN AND LOVE/LEAVE IT. IF YOU GET BETTER THAN THE MARKEY VALUE REJOICE IN THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF A POOR SOUL THAT KNOWS NO DIFFERENCE.

mandi,

Everything I have posted has been in response to anecdotal lectures given to me by forum members expressing their opinions regarding my price. I have just as much a right to explain my position,when questioned, as you do to run your mouth.If my thoughts are not exiting you, then why are you reading them?9.gif I am the one being critiqued;the post was intended for interested parties, not the self-rightous "price patrol". I've continually thanked my critics,and you call me a TROLL!! That's funny!1.gif

Thanks again!!!

Analogman

"Seen it on several boards""Everyone better agree with me or I am going to call you names"1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif

On 3/1/2004 4:34:53 PM analogman wrote:

Piranha,

I know, you live in Southern California.Niche item?,EXACTLY!!! But it doesn't have to be that way. Cornwall FOUR Xs the speaker!!14.gif6.gif1.gif !!!

That could start a debate on about a 100 levels.Klipschorns are a million Xs better but not in my piss-ant condo9.gif Everyday,people pay bucks that make $1,200.00 look like lunch money and they're paying for CRAP!!! You know what I am talking about!! Maybe some Bose Lifestyle owner will score these,be better off,and will then have a clue!!! Oops,you're right!No One here needs that type of help1.gif2.gif

----------------

On 3/1/2004 7:18:26 PM analogman wrote:

Piranha,

Reread the post;I in NO way implied Heresy "better" than Cornwall,that would be silly.Check completed auctions on e-bay for Heresy,you would be surprised. IIs have been doing better on average than original Heresy(s).Right around five bills?!? Go figure.

Analogman----------------

No, I have no idea what you're talking about. That's why I asked for the clarification.

I say you just put them up on eBay with a $500 B.I.N. Get a quick sale given your sales trend analysis, and be done with it.