Cornwall 1 vs Cornwall 2

kktvbob

Thats what I thought. Are the drivers and crossover different? Would they match up with Cornwall 1s. A closer match then Heresys or should I look for Cornwall 1s to match with my Cornwall 1s. I never heard Cornwall 2s. thanks for the input

Yes the latter Cornwall IIs. I have 84 cornwalls and I'm looking for a match for a 5 Cornwalls set up that I want to build. There is a set of 86 Cornwall II 9 hours away. I'm looking for a good timber match but don't know anything about Cornwall IIs.

Hey bud, ive owned both and own 1989 cornwall 2s as of now.

This would not be a timber match. The later cornwall 2s top end is brighter than the 84s.

Not by much but enough. If you want the exact same sound go with the same vintage, i myself like the sound of the later cornwall 2s better.

With as much bass cornwalls produce, i really think these are matched to almost a perfect sound, with the later 2 version.

I still like the sound of these cornwall 2s even over my Klipschorns, but dont tell anyone LOL!

If you decide to get these cornwall 2s, use your own judgement, as the later 2s as well as the chorus,forte, and heresy 2s of the late 80s got no respect.

Havent seen that many topics on any of them, 1s or 2s.

Yes to me the cornwalls 1984 vintage were a vintage sound, i love them as well.

I just love Klipsch and Horns.

Regards Jim

Regards Jim

9.gif

Hi

I owned for 4-5 months both a pair of Conrwall 1976 and a pair of Cornwall 1988. I kept the 1976. To my ears the 1988 were too crisp and Home-Theater sounding. In anycase quite different sound. I guess the Crossover has a major role to play on this. I imagine that if one matches the crossovers then they might sound similar.

Actually all 3 of the (Tweeter, Midrange, Woofer) drivers are different as are the crossovers and horn lenses (Composite vs. Metal) in the 85-90 incarnation of the Cornwall II so they will not sound the same as the original version of the Cornwall to answer your question.

My Cornwalls are 84 so they have the composite horns and different drivers than the 70s Cornwalls. did they change them when they went to Cornwall II. I they are britter can you change the tap like a Heresy or is the crossover different? Thanks for the in put everyone. Does anyone have one or more Cornwalls for sale close to Colorado I will drive to pick them up. I need a road trip anyway.

Hello

Depending on what year you want im in Colorado myself.

Late 80s cornwall 2s or 1984.

My 1989 cornwall 2s are oak and like new, i have seen cornwalls of the mid 80s 1984 ETC here for sale on E-bay at times, maybe you can strike a deal that way,

or i would sell mine for $1000.00 due to their new condition.

Regards Jim9.gif

Jim I think what I'm looking for is 1,2 or 3 84 or older Cornwalls. But the 84 era would be best but would take 1 vert Cornwall for the center. I think that 5 Cornwall 1 with 2 Heresy 1 will sound great in my room. Thanks for all the input.