The talk about the wife.....

Thors1982

Oddly, my wife has gotten involved in my room and jujst ordered acoustic paneling for some first reflection spots. researched it herself, the whole nine yards, and was spot on with her ideas. I guess she has to stay now....if she turns up talking about component changes I'll have to find out who this is I'm living with....9.gif

Georgie... how right you are! After decades of looking (and sampling) the joys of extended togetherness (sometimes with license)... I had given up hope... and started building over-the-top Klipsch experiments.

Suddenly, a sprightly redhead who had been guests (along with about 40 others including her boyfriend!) to a screening of a new DVD... She made it a point to introduce herself and express her thoughts on the theater. Over the next six months, she magically appeared one place or another... often just about meal time in the restaurant of my mountain retreat.

Then, one evening she called her boyfriend to say that she would be staying with me. We are to be wed on May 2, 2004. I am in the process of building another over-the-top Klipsch experiment... Kassandra (my fiancé) went with me to pick up another pair of Klipsch Belles... it was her first time to hear a Heritage. The next week, Kassandra went with me to see about buying another pair of Khorns and a Belle for $2k. After an audition, I pronounced them adequate... and she whipped out her check book and bought them for us.

What else could possibly be a finer verification of the right person for the likes of old HornEd? =HornEd

How sweet it is!12.gif16.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2004 2:13:31 PM georgie wrote:

Sorry fellas...I'm already hitched. BTW we're not all extra "manly". I'm quite girly.

----------------

I didn't mean GIRLS (although I'm glad you're girly! Manly girls are scary!). I meant how girls thought of us MEN.

Although my wife does not like the fact that I'm an audio geek, I think she puts up with it because 1)she loves me and 2)she's afraid if I had to choose.......

Actually she's been pretty great about it all. She married the cornwalls when she married me. She no longer asks questions when new equipment arrives or old equipment leaves. She was having fun following my Marantz auction on ebay last week.1.gif She's already spent my (our) profits although I haven't discussed how much I'm spending to replace it.11.gif

Before you commit to a relationship, let her know that all audio decisions are yours but you'll welcome her input. Be honest. If you get married (can you say pre-nup?) then suddenly none of your speakers match the decor, an annulment may be in order.2.gif

When did being into audio migrate from geeky to manly? .....I don't get "gee you're manly" comments or vibe from family or friends who have fully realized my obsession/compulsion with my system, it's still more along the lines of "what a nerd" or "what an idiot" LOL, I'm confused by this thread... now being confused, that's man-like, if not manly!

----------------

On 3/10/2004 1:34:46 PM boomac wrote:

m00n,

I already miss the old avatar?

----------------

Which one? Gollum or my mug shot? You don't like this new one? It's Chode from the new SCI FI tv program "Tripping the Rift".

Oh, the Mug (m00n) Shot of course! Maybe a little programmer chic with a shot of the earth in space and m00n's head shining down in reflected glory. Or even m00n as a direct radiator... a head shot with a burning candle affixed atop to show the m00n as a unique source of illumination.

With your skills, m00n, not even the sky is the limit! Thanks for being here. -HornEd

----------------

Although my wife does not like the fact that I'm an audio geek, I think she puts up with it because 1)she loves me and 2)she's afraid if I had to choose.......

----------------

LMAO!!!!

You can't leave your wife.... who would make dinner :-p jk of course