New RF35 up and running!!!

neworldorder

Hi All,

Well, finally got the new RF-35/RC-35/RS-35. They are all hooked up and kicking. Only one caveat though. They are hooked up using a Onkyo 501 receiver. But despite that, I am enjoying both music and movies.

Attached is the pic showing the front setup.

I am planning to return the Onkyo 501 and buy either a Denon 3805 or Rotel RSX 1056. Later on I plan to add an additional 3 channel amp for the fronts. However for now, the priority for me is to get a receiver (later use as a pre/pro), which sounds beautiful, even if has less features.

What do you guys think?

Thanks In Advance.

post-14476-13819253329786_thumb.jpg

Looks most excellent. You'll like the speakers. I have run an RC35 and a pair of RS35 for over a year as part of my system, and I really like the sound. However, I am now addicted to DVD-Audio and SACD and just had to move my towers to my side surrounds (damn, the upgrade bug!)

Another receiver worth considering is the Harmon Kardon AVR-7200. That model is the current H/K flagship, and its price has plummeted recently due to the impending introduction of the new H/K flagship receiver (set to now debut in April). From what I understand, the stock of 7200s is limited to what is left at the dealers, but the ones left are going at authorized dealers for the early $800s. I just sold my H/K AVR 525 and bought my 7200 about three weeks ago and have been very impressed. With respect to receivers, I prefer the H/K sound with Klipschs (with the Denon/Klipsch being a close second). The 7200 is a large receiver (20 inches deep and 60 pounds) so take that into consideration. For the money, you get the nice H/K sound at a nice price. Go to the H/K website and look for authorized online dealers if you are interested.

The Denon and the Rotel would also make very fine choices with your Klipschs. Any one of the three would be a good idea.

Carl.

--------------------

Samsung TXN3245FP, Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, Denon DVD-2900, RB75s (ordered), RC7(ordered), RF3IIs, RC3II, SVS PB2-ISD10.gif, SVS 20-39PCi

Yamaha RX-V1300, Onkyo SKS-HT500, Axiom QS-8, HSU VTF-2

Yeah I have the H/K 7200 myself. I got it at a good price, not $800.00 though. If you can get it at $800.00, you would be missing a great opportunity if you passed it up. Seriously!!!!

Hope you enjoy the speaks! They look great.1.gif

Wow that looks great! I love that uncluttered look. Pretty much my style and welcome to the forum. Man they look great i was wondering what a real picture looked like with them in that finish. You see them on the internet but they always look discolored or something.

How is your center elevated like that? I was wondering that is the Rc35? What size tv? I am wondering because i didn't think that center would fit on my tv. But by the looks of it your tv is a bit smaller. Hnmmmmmm I may have to get some references now. Thanks for the picture this helps.

Looks great!!! Nice and clean.

The only thing I can see that could become a problem is having your DVD player on top of your receiver is usually not good because the heat the receiver dispenses could ruin your DVD player in time. Also, the extra ventilation could help the receiver run at optimum performance.

I like my RF-35 set up too. Congratulations!!!1.gif

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

The center channel is actually positioned on two speaker stands, that are standing behind the entertainment table. Since my TV is only 20 inces, it was not possible for me to position the center channel on top of the TV. Actually I bought two pair of these speaker stands last year from IKEA, for my small (Pro-Medias). I never expecpected to use these stads for the center channel. But with some smart ideas (from my wife) I was able to use all the four stands. Two for the center channel and one each for the surrounds. Attached is one more pic showing the fronts from another angle showing the stand.

Also thanks for the tip to not keep the DVD player on top of the receiver. Was planning to move once I got my final receiver.

I would try to get an auditon for the AVR 7200 and see if I like the sound to my taste.

Also was wondering if any of you would know if Denon AVR 3805 supported NTSC and PAL video signal. I searched the whole manual, but could not find any reference to it.

Again I appreciate your helpful replies.

Regards

NewWorldOrder 1.gif

post-14476-13819253330496_thumb.jpg

The whole is pretty cool i think. I see you have the ikea thing going on. Are those sofa's comfortable i thought about getting the new leather one But they don't look like they have alot of room for stretching. Man i love them speakers. First time i got a good look at em. Thanks for making me jOnes.

That's right. Most of the furniture that you see here is from ikea. It was quite affordable for me at that time. And yes it is very comfortable.

Now coming back to receivers, seems like people like HK 7200 a lot. I know Denon AVR 3805 is not out yet, and assuming that the quality of Denon AVR 3805 is similar to the 3803, would you prefer 3805 or 7200? I am sure this question must have been asked many times before, but I am still not sure which one to go for. Again, the criteria here is: Best sound quality, even if with less features.

New....

Keep in mind that the H/K was listed at $2000.00 when it came out about a year ago. So if you think about it, you're getting a 2000.00 receiver for about 800.00. I can't speak to the Denon, I do know that the people who like denon like them just as much as us Harman Kardon users. But I thought the 3805 had been out for a few years now... Maybe I'm thinking of a different receiver.

At any rate, good luck and you have a good looking setup there. I wish our house looked that clean.

I am someone that owns both harman and denon. I really like both. Probally my harmon better but it is worth more. They are both great to tell you the truth. I love my denon when it comes to watching Stevie Ray Vaughn in concert. For some reason it just sounds better on the denon more tube like amplifier sound. Denon has a way more laid back sound than your used to when it comes to highs for movies. I owned the receiver you have and sold it to buy this denon. ONe of the main reasons was for the preouts for the front three.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar setup but the surround speakers are RS25's rather than RS35. I like the sound but wandering if I were to replace it with the 35, if I would notice a big difference.

Yammy 2400

RF35, RC35, RS35, RW12

Comments would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Andy

Hey,

I did try towing in a bit. And it sounded great. Only problem was that the soundstage became narrow. People sitting on left and right side of the sofa felt as if the sound was coming from the speaker on their side.

Also my wife didn't liked it towed in. So I thought well...little compromise to make.

BTW: I am running the system now with a Rotel RSX1056 and I got "exactly" what I was looking for. Can't complain. I tried Onkyo 501 and it performed great for it's price, but it was not delivering enough power. With HK AVR7200 I couldn't convince myself that the sound I was getting was worth $3000(AVR + Speakers + Cables + DVD Player + TV). So I returned the AVR7200.

So I am all set now and not looking for any upgrades....well maybe a sub at max. 9.gif

And yes total cost of my system came out to be: $3428.74. This includes the following:

Speakers: RF-35/RS-35/RC-35

Receiver: Rotel RSX 1056

CD/DVD Player: Panasonic (cheap stuff)

TV: Philips

Cables: Monster Cable (Regular 14 gauge wire. Nothing fancy)

Shipping Hit: $110 (returning AVR 7200)

Driving to the dealers: $50 + Time

I will try to post my experience with Rotel RSX 1056 in more detail sometime.