Now you guys know me a little...

maxg

Hello MaxG - Didn't know you had it in you. I am proud. While many will tell you that they rue the 'hangover' of the consequences of strongly stated disagreements, there are times that the moment far outwieghs the fallout. That may well have been one of those times.

You go boy....

Thanks HW..

I have asked my good friend Tony to weigh in with a quick analysis of my TT as it is now to bolster my position a bit. Seems this guy will only rate certain tables as "audiophile" and that is it. Maybe Tony's Accoustic Solid will fit the bill - maybe not - and of course assuming tony will bother at all.

I have got to get to hear a Linn at some point - I know Kelly is nuts over his and it is difficult to argue with no experience of the other side.

I'm always amazed that a statement as innocent and unthreatening as "Hey, your widget is nice, but I like my widget, too..." can cause someone to erupt into violent fits of apoplexy. When this happens to me, I am reminded of one of Muphy's laws... "Never argue with an idiot - people might not be able to tell the difference."

Thanks Ray - but you have got to go back and read Tony's answer - it is hilarious (but slightly disconcerting - read it and you will see why).

The nice Mr Sealed replied to - in such a nice way he got suspended.

What a pity...

Seriously though - Tony's reply is a riot (if you can make out the text amongst the blanked out swearing that is...)

Max, It's a shame that we all (maybe not all) seem to take this hobby a bit too seriously. Everyone has an opinion and here on a couple of threads lately I've held off on mine just because I didn't want to be seen as taking sides and continuing the flames. Good luck, Randy

None of the available smilies can reveal how I roared with laughter. 'Stop the personal attacks'... and attack other sites! 11.gif I don't think we take our hobby too seriously, I mean, what else; our jobs or the state the world is in? Please let's be serious about our hobby that consists of wisdom ánd fun and please let's take ourselves a bit less seriously. Mr. Sealed, please return to your seal, because you just got scratched.9.gif

Gee Max, couldn't you at least stain the darn thing? A couple coats of eurethane couldn't hurt either. At least you refrained from showing him your speakers. I am sure that would have sealed your doom.

Oh well, I guess you can never get away from the holes of the world. Here I thought this forum was bad. We seem to be more civilized for the most part. 9.gif