What was the name of that 70's children's TV show!

Mighty Favog

O.k. it seems the first time I posted this it got wiped out somehow so here goes again.

In the mid 1970's there was a children's TV show that aired on the weekends. It starred a German Shepherd that was a war veteran (Vietnam?). The dog now worked as a rescue dog (I think) and occationally had flashbacks from the war that usually aided him in either a rescue or to subdue the villain. It was not a cartoon.

I do know that it was not "Rin TinTin".

I can only think of the Shepherd from the show Long Street with James Franciscus. But his dog was a seeing-eye dog named Pax.

If this one pans out then I have another 70's children's show I've trying to get the title of....

----------------

On 3/15/2004 9:38:22 PM skonopa wrote:

Damn it! You beat me to it
9.gif

howabout - Space Ghost?
11.gif

----------------

Well, relative to a lot of peeps on this forum, I'm a youngun - I was 4 years old in '77 (but then I was reading in '76) - so I was watching a lot of kiddie shows during that time period.

Could you be thinking of The Littlest Hobo ?

A German Shepherd stray that would hook up with a different individual,family,child every week and having saved them from Dope peddlers,mutual fund salesmen and neo-nazis would hit the road again? Don't remember any reference to the mutt ever having tangled with the Viet Cong or Ronald Reagan though.......

It's totaly amazing how these stupid thoughtless offerings ever made it to air time. You wonder why generations of kids are a screwed up , just look at what they have been watching while there deadbeat parents used the tv as a babysiter.

one 12 hour viewing of power rangers or tela tubbies and you'd wonder what kind of crack those hollywood goofballs are smoking. This garbage is totaly insulting little own educational. Everytime i see a kid kicking his legs up in the air like a ninga turtle makes me want to slap them silly and show them how fighting is not a dam game . When willy coyote hits the pavement he's dead , no second chances to catch that roadrunner.

Violence has gone overboard in kids tv shows and were all living with the results.

Hmm !! a dog with flashback ? Not sure of that one , besides the littlest hobo

OOps edit time : lynm already said that

----------------

On 3/15/2004 11:33:38 PM m00n wrote:

Dayam BackBurner? Whats with all the harsh neggies?

Oh and Tom, sorry bud, but nothing comes to mind.
4.gif

----------------

My 6 year old girl is blind in her left eye , resulting in a playground gang beating of a group of want to be power rangers 6 year old boys.

There is'nt a day that goes by in my life that i don't want to kick the **** out of someone for what happened to her , those little pricks got off scott free because there kids and there deadbeat parents never taught them any better , Yet my daughter has her whole life to live with one eye.

You come over to my house and spend a few hours with her , she'll melt your heart. Maybe then you'll get a taste of my rage , i've yet to find a way to deal with it. I'm very sorry for bringing it here .

William casey

Viola!! JTS8 got it! I have another one in mind but first I'm gonna check that site out for it. This other show is set in a time of post-apocolypse and three "young people" (one a cute Asian girl) in their travels in a white TV looking vehicle called "The Ark". In teh back of The Ark was a 6X6 that could be used instead of taking the main vehicle. There must have been some constant threat on them/it because when the "young people" scientists would leave they would reach to their wrist and "secure The Ark" by engaging an invisible force-field around it.

Yet another was a children's game show that was on weekends. It was called "Runaround" and host looked a lot like John Aston but with a bad lisp. It was similar to Wonderama but in a different time slot.

Shazam. I remember that one. I was wondering what the heck the name of that show was for years. Backburner sorry to her about your daughter. That would completely suck and would totally piss me off to no end to. I think some off them parents are just plain lazy. They would rather see their kids fighting and stuff than to have to get up off of their fat arse's. They may miss something of off Jerry Springer.

William,

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. That must be very hard to deal with. I would feel exactly the same rage you do. 8.gif Maybe someday there will be a medical procedure that can fix it. I don't mind if people mess with me or my wife (which nobody does), but my children? No no... You would rather slap a panther on the balls than to mess with my children.