Arkansas Gathering -- May 8th

Daddy Dee

We hope to have the honour of your presence at the Arkansas Klipsch Forum Gathering on Saturday, May 8th.

The gathering will meet at my home in Scott, AR. This is just 8 minutes from the airport in Little Rock. Gathering will begin around 9:00 a.m. and it's fine to show up whenever you can.

Gear to Hear Here includes but won't be limited to:

'73 Khorns with Bob Crites' Type A crossovers

HDBRBuilder's Oak LaScala replacement cab prototype with ALK networks.

-={}=-

ARKYTYPE will bring a pair of Al Klappenberger's Extreme Slope crossover Networks!

SSH's JFL 2A3 monoblocks

vintage Scott and Eico integrated

Wright 2A3 monoblocks

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp

AH! Njoe Tjoebs CD4000 and Heart 6000 CD's

The main idea is to have fun listening to gear and enjoying the music and good company. We will not WORK hard at listening comparisons.

At noon we can take a break for lunch at Cotham's Mercantile. They have famous Hubcap burgers and fried green tomatoes. Also excellent on the menu is catfish. Say what you want about Bill Clinton, but this guy knows his burgers and Cotham's is where the Elite Meet to Eat. It just looks like it might fall off it's stilts into the old river lake, but it won't. 9.gif Well, it hasn't the buiding was finished in 1917.

If you can make it, let me know. I'm getting a map and contact info together to smooth your journey here. It's easy to find. Just five miles off the interstate and only have to make one turn. Drop me an e-mail and I'll get the directions to you.

It's gonna be fun.

Co-hosts: Tony Reed10.gif and Dee Edwards12.gif

EDIT: URL for other thread on Things to Do Around Little Rock.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=47659&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={E49403AB-DBDB-4F5B-A21F-559893806A95}

Istari,

Indeed. The White Pig Inn is just a hop, skip and a jump from here. They have been doing BBQ since before Dogtown (North Little Rock) had electricity.

Dave,

That will be great. Hope the schedule works out right. We've got a swingset and slide so Liam can swing and listen simultaneously if he wants.

Jordan,

Go ahead and make your reservations! Just let me know your flight number so we can meet you at the airport.

Sorry to hear about your mother's death. I lost my mother last year, too. The other day I was calling my brother and dialed my mother's old phone number w/o thinking.

----------------

On 3/18/2004 12:44:28 AM fini wrote:

Sounds like a heck of a deal!

----------------

LAX to Little Rock is $234 Round trip on American, Continental or Northwest Airlines. You can make your reservation today on expedia.com

Dee,

That's a great date. The gear list looks like a full day's fun. I just scored a pr of Monster Cable Sigma Retro Gold interconnects that I'll bring. I got them yesterday & hooked them up while in the middle of a reply to an email from Jeff (He's anxious to get his Khorns.). I told him that I felt like I was hearing a great tube roll. It was $ well spent.

I'm looking forward to being back at your spot at Scott.

SSH

Daddy Dee, what a wonderful thing to do... now if you can just get everyone aboard a jet helicopter and land where Tony Reed can show you his personal Klipsch Museum the day would pull me away from my scheduled Honeymoon Tahiti.

Damn, just when I was luxuriating over the WAF agreement to the new Six Khorn Theater with Belle Front Effects... now you have to raise the bar to see if she will go so far as a Little Rock Honeymoon with all the Hubcap Burgers she can fit in her svelte bod.

So, if I don't make it you'll know that I've hit the WAF WALL... and was sentenced to balmy skies and ocean sailing... and thoughts of being there. My best to all... especially Tony Reed. =HornEd

----------------

On 3/18/2004 12:34:50 PM Colin wrote:

Cheap flights, car rental and hotels? how far to TN aquarium, what is biggest tourist attraction in Little Rock? How long to drive to Miami?
3.gif

----------------

Colin, I'm putting together a list of links for accomodations and other stuff to do. There are some attractive choices in and near Little Rock. Should be able to post that tonight.

Distances from Little Rock to:

Hot Springs - 57 miles

Hope - 112 miles

Memphis - 137 miles

Chattanooga - Tennessee Acquarium 480 miles

Miami - 1156 miles

Pirhana - bring it on.

Steve - glad you can make it. I am really looking forward to hearing JFL's amps.

----------------

On 3/18/2004 1:51:41 PM TBrennan wrote:

I'll drive down, I had some good BBQ last time I was in Arkansas.

----------------

Good bbq will have to be among our offerings. Where will you be driving from?

HornEd: We'll be listening for how you come out on the WAF. You could stay at The Peabody in Little Rock, with the ducks in the fountain and everything. Just across the street is some older elegance at the Capital Hotel.