2 channel forum shut down?!

BigBusa

This is the greatest thing to have happen to the 2ch forum. A couple members maybe were arguing or whatever and the forum GODS shuts the whole 2ch section down?

Get rid of the schmucks who are causing the problem! Don't shut the whole forum off to the rest of the good folks. 14.gif

As an older Klipsch owner and forum lurker there seems to be an inordinate amount of Nyah,nyah,nyah. This forum is for finding about new methods of amplification, TT tweeks and pre-amps. It is a 2 channel discussion only. It should not matter if you have solid state, tubes or what ever brand X. Technical discussion is theoritical at best as everyones ears are different to what one hears. As an owner

of one of the finest listening devices I have heard it is amazing that the scriblings I see involve people that tend to have their own opinion and no one else is right.

Of course we all think that we have the best sound system but there is someone out there who will better us. Maybe we should put up a fight club in the forum with no rules, no moderation and no holds barred and let these infantiles take their rants and accusations there. I have heard much better sound from other sound systems but it is not worth the matter to debate on who is right!

Just enjoy the music and let people know when a new product is coming out, the latest tweek or when vinyl comes back with a bang. Or at least a pop or two. This is just an erudite opinion on what I have seen and read but the name calling has to stop! Cheers.

Even though I stick to the Promedia section, I agree with BigUSA. I think that they should just ban the troublemakers instead of causing an inconvience to everyone. There are many loyal members of this board, they don't deserve to be shut off for what some punks started. People who want trouble will just keep doing this untill the mods shut down the whole board, plz admins, think before doing things. Ur losing buisness by not provididng online help..such as the forum. 11.gif

I'm not so sure. I would think it's hard for the moderator's to monitor every post. When things get out of control (or are perceived to), shutting it down for a couple days may send a better message. Also, you can boot someone off, but that doesn't keep them from coming back with a different ID.

I hope this is limited to 2 days and the trouble makers take the hint - if you are that passionate about the cause, then you shouldn't want to screw this forum up for everyone it helps.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 10:57:08 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

They can also block their IP.

----------------

IP can be varied if you are using dial up/DSL

By then people who shares the similar ip in similar area will be banned for no reasons before they enter here.

Well mods don't have time for every single minutes of flame war especially during weekday. Setting better rules may be required for moderating these posts. Let's say...... once mods close the topic and that certain topics, no one can open the same topic or continue the war. Or the person who started and engaged get banned.

there are enough music related boards out there that would be glad to have the 100's of good contributing members that the 2 channel forum has.

Shutting a forum down reeks of the right thing to do. Trey cannon knows that Klipsch 2 channel forum is not the only place we can go.

If your stereo has a bad component you don't throw the whole thing in the dumpster ...you unplug & remove and if necessary replace the bad component ...leaving the rest of the functioning stereo system as it were.

Intelligent Trey is the most bright and best looking guy on the forum...

Edited by ( Trey Cannon) I still have the power!!!!9.gif9.gif9.gif

Having been a part of this Forum for a few years, having dealt with Trey Cannon directly, and being a retired corporate executive... I find the hopefully temporary closure of one part of the board to be reasonable. Sure, I understand the "why blame the many for the few"... but I also know that in being fair that you have indeed identified the few to punish becomes a whole new order of magnitude that someone has to deal with.

As I understand the Klipsch hosting of this Forum, the primary drudgery of keeping tabs of what's happening is done by volunteer hours of interested Klipsch personnel. So far, this Forum has been one of the most entertaining and informative I've hit on the net. And I, for one, would like to see it continue with the self-discipline exhibited by most posters.

I think we all get bent out of shape from time-to-time and maybe react in a way that is none too cool... but that's life in the big playground of adult audio toys. And, just like a kindergarten playground, sometimes the playground monitor has to give us hot tempered kids a little "timeout" so that all can be a bit introspective of our own behavior to balance our righteous indignation toward the behavior of others... even to the playground monitors themselves.

Two-Channel has historically been one of the keenest & coolest of them all... with several clearly opinionated stars hung around a laid back m00n... Superman Trey has only so much Forum Cape time in his busy day. Instead of biting the hand that feeds the Forum, let's cut the Klipsch Minions some slack... as they have cut us so that we may continue to build a better Forum... while the paid hours of Klipsch Minions are put to building better loudspeakers and a service network to support them.

Besides, without the Forum, where would I go to have *2* haunt & taunt me? -HornEd

fini audio nuts DO NOT unplug their systems for a weekend. If something in the system doesn't work they toss it out and find a way to make the music play again.

Trey is like the GOD THOR. He uses his hammer to kill the little post made by the un-knowing imortals....

OH WHAT FUN....9.gif

"Trey is like the B*tchy little wife who's unplugged your stereo system "for the weekend" because she's tired of you enjoying it."

Good strategy...Get the forums moderators to do what you want by insulting them. Please keep this crap out of Home Theater. Just because 2-channel is shut down, Home Theater doesn't just turn into the zoo as well.

----------------

On 3/19/2004 9:38:13 PM TheEliteOne wrote:

plz admins, think before doing things. Ur losing buisness by not provididng online help..such as the forum.
11.gif

----------------

I have not read this entire thread so bear with me on this....

They did think about it. They feel as though it's better to lock down the area of bad behavior rather than banning people. It may not be to your liking, but it's the decision they came up with. They have thier reasons.

Also, they risk loosing a lot more customers by people constantly fighting up in 2 channel than they do by locking down that area for the weekend

Big,while I uderstand your flustration I'm not sure your thinking about the whole picture.Trey may be doing you and us a service by trying to keep the Klipsch higher ups from thinking should we pull the plug,is this a good thing etc...

I think Trey has shown much better judgement and tolerance than just about any moderator I have seen.If I thought someone was heavy handed and bringing their baggage to moderation I would bolt,this does happen on some sites.

I have never seen Trey as heavy handed at all,he shows much restraint in my estimation.We can all make his job easier,our time here less antagonistic,and insure this site remains something Klipsch is proud of,and we like to visit.

I have noticed in life as audio,the more you get the more you want.Sometimes its good to appreciate what you have and just try to maintain that.

BigBusa... You definitly got your panties in a twist over this don't you...

The fact is, 2 channel has really gone to the crapper. It is the source of many flame wars.

What do you expect from Trey. He has been very patient, very polite and has given people many warnings.... It's not his fault that he finally had to take action. Unfortunite, unpopular action perhaps, non the less, it's the folks that can't play nice that caused it. Put the blame where it belongs.

Calling Trey a ***** (<--female dog in heat)[which is what Trey was called before he edited the BigBusa post> is not helping and really pisses me off because trey has become a good friend of mine and does not diserve that.11.gif'. I've had several talks with him on this subject and believe me, having to mod the forum is NOT what he or anyone wants to be doing and even more so, he/they hate the idea of having to take corrective action.

And remember he can allways change what you say if he does not like it....

html>

I think what they did is a very positive thing in a way. I think we all need to step back and reflect. I do not want to toot my own horn but I did this just before the holidays when I think things were at there worst in 2 channel. I have been much happier not getting in the pissing matches for the most part. I bet in the last 3 months I have started to post to these flaming topics hundreds of time in my old combative style and before hitting the submit button I reread what I had said and then decided it wasn't worth it "You just can not win this way"

I however will not let personal attacks against me go unanswered and don't feel I should have to !

The thing that scares me here is that this may stop the free flow of Ideas in the 2 channel area !

Craig

----------------

On 3/20/2004 11:42:34 AM NOSValves wrote:

The thing that scares me here is that this may stop the free flow of Ideas in the 2 channel area !

Craig

----------------

Craig... I agree with everything you just said. I myself have been trying to watch what I post... But this particular statement I wanted to comment on. If people could just disagree with respect, there will never be any blocks in the free flow of ideas. 4.gif

A two day time out is the best way to get the 2 channel forum to be more civil IMO. There were many warnings that very few members on the 2 channel forum took seriously. Freedom of speach does not give the right to shout fire in a crouded theater or the right to be verbally abusive when one has consumed too much whatever.

The creativity should be back very soon. Klipsch runs the most open audio board on the Internet, and for that I say thank you. The openness will foster the creativity IMO.

Bill