Rock LP Dream Find!!

AnalOg

I just gotta share this with you all!

A business friend of mine knows I'm into vinyl. We got to talkin one day, he tells me he's got a bunch of LP's he doesn't listen to anymore. I told him for a fair price I would take them off his hands.

Yesterday he calls me, says he's got the Lp's in his van, come over and get them. We're in the same business complex, so I'm there in five minutes. OMG, about two hundred and fifty LP's by what appears to be in VG++ too M condition. All rock spanning from the late sixties, too the early eighties, the majority being the 70's. Last night a little Crimson & Pink Floyd, Final Cut. I figure it should take me about six months to clean and listen to each album once!

Tom

I feel your joy Tom! The best deal I ever got was from Dave on this forum who sold all his lps about 4 months ago. I got about half of them including just about all the Beatles lps, Hendrix, Neil Young, etc. He played them once to tape then put them away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to them all but all are nearly perfect, complete with original inserts, etc. Nothing like opening a crisp copy of The White Album and seeing those inserts untouched until now.1.gif

Enjoy!

----------------

On 324/2004 12:24:34 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

I jst gotta share this with you all!

A business friend of mine knows I'm into vinyl. We got to talkin one day, he tells me he's got a bunch of LP's he doesn't listen to anymore. I told him for a fair price I would take them off his hands.

Yesterday he calls me, says he's got the Lp's in his van, come over and get them. We're in the same business complex, so I'm there in five minutes. OMG, about two hundred and fifty LP's by what appears to be in VG++ too M condition. All rock spanning from the late sixties, too the early eighties, the majority being the 70's. Last night a little Crimson & Pink Floyd, Final Cut. I figure it should take me about six months to clean and listen to each album once!

Tom

---------------

I guess that beats me getting ELP's Tarkus (Mint) & Grateful Dead's 'Wake of the Flood' (Mint, Grateful Dead label pressing) for a quarter each @ a yard sale.

3.gif Plus I got ELP's 'Pictures at an Exhibition' (Cotillion label) cassette in the 'slide in' case for a dime. 6.gif

peace, mitch

----------------

On 3/24/2004 3:33:59 PM garymd wrote:

I feel your joy Tom! The best deal I ever got was from Dave on this forum who sold all his lps about 4 months ago. I got about half of them including just about all the Beatles lps, Hendrix, Neil Young, etc. He played them once to tape then put them away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to them all but all are nearly perfect, complete with original inserts, etc. Nothing like opening a crisp copy of The White Album and seeing those inserts untouched until now.
1.gif

Enjoy!

----------------

Gary -

It's good to know that the LP's are appreciated!

Dave

Thanks for the reply guys, I will sort through them and let you know Craig. I paid $200.00 dollars. Going through the few I did yesterday and seeing a few rarities and knowing what they go for on ebay, I can recoup those two hundred dollars by selling off less then a tenth of the bunch if I really wanted to.

Tom

Congrats, that's a good haul. Got to love that.

I had similar experience about 2 months ago. An associate of mine found a haul like that at a garage sale last fall. He intended to dupe them to CD and then toss them. I happened to ask him in Feb if he ever did anthing with the albums, and he realized he would never get around to this task, so he sold me the whole lot of about 150-200 for $30. All VG+ to mint. 60s, 70s, 80s. rock.

Still making my way through the lot. Lots of fun.

- tb

----------------

On 3/24/2004 4:18:10 PM WS65711 wrote:

----------------

On 3/24/2004 3:33:59 PM garymd wrote:

I feel your joy Tom! The best deal I ever got was from Dave on this forum who sold all his lps about 4 months ago. I got about half of them including just about all the Beatles lps, Hendrix, Neil Young, etc. He played them once to tape then put them away. I still haven't had a chance to listen to them all but all are nearly perfect, complete with original inserts, etc. Nothing like opening a crisp copy of The White Album and seeing those inserts untouched until now.
1.gif

Enjoy!

----------------

Gary -

It's good to know that the LP's are appreciated!

Dave

----------------

Dave,

I was hoping you were still paying attention. I've paid less for nice lps but never anything like yours. At twice the price it still would have been worth it. I even checked out Blue Cheer last weekend. Interesting stuff. Thanks again.

----------------

On 3/24/2004 4:47:01 PM NOSValves wrote:

Tom,

Yup !! Make me a list of what you want to sell before eBay my taste have become very diverse so you just never know what I might want.

Craig

----------------

I think it will be safe to assume that he will gladly take all the Easy E, Dr. Dre, Notorious BIG, Ice T and Body Count, Eminem, N.W.A , Tupac and other similar rappers that you have acquired. 2.gif

And I'd like to buy the Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston LP's 9.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:53:31 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

Tom,

Yup !! Make me a list of what you want to sell before eBay my taste have become very diverse so you just never know what I might want.

Craig

----------------

I think it will be safe to assume that he will gladly take all the Easy E, Dr. Dre, Notorious BIG, Ice T and Body Count, Eminem, N.W.A , Tupac and other similar rappers that you have acquired.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif">

And I'd like to buy the Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston LP's
9.gif

----------------

Thank God no rap sh!t in the bunch. There is one Whitney Houston lp!2.gif

Tom

I think it will be safe to assume that he will gladly take all the Easy E, Dr. Dre, Notorious BIG, Ice T and Body Count, Eminem, N.W.A , Tupac and other similar rappers that you have acquired.
2.gif"

And I'd like to buy the Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, and Whitney Houston LP's
9.gif

----------------

To Funny
9.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2004 10:10:45 AM rf3iicrazy wrote:

----------------

On 3/25/2004 2:53:31 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

Tom,

Craig

----------------

2.gif"

9.gif

----------------

Thank God no rap sh!t in the bunch. There is one Whitney Houston lp!
2.gif

Tom

----------------

How much? 9.gif