I'm excited!!!!!!!!!

3dzapper

Not only is my Juicy Blueberry going to be here this week! And, I just made a deal for a pair of Wright Mono 10s that were on audiogon to hook up with it. Model 10s are 2A3 PP amps that run class A up to about 6 watts then AB1 to 10 and have a peak music power of 20watts. (OK Paul?)

http://www.wright-sound.com/products

After all the chatter about the sound qualities of 2A3s here on the forum I just had to try some but I didn't think that 3.5watts would satisfy my taste in any but a few situations.

Now I have to get busy on ebay selling a bunch of stuff to satisfy SWMBO to balance my accounts.

All this against a backdrop of a buyer for my garage property who has the required down payment in CASH(!), is a respectable local autodealer who has been in business for fifteen years and met my financing terms! It's been a good week for sure!9.gif

Rick

Edit:I'm buying the Wrights from:

http://carolinaaudio.com/

Rick-

This sounds like a sweet pair of amps! Pretty cool that you will be getting some good power out of those 2A3s. I guess I'm in your boat...3.5W sound nice on Klipschorns, but I like the idea of having some extra "oomph" to work with. Can't wait to hear your impressions of these, as well as the Blueberry! I'm a tad envious, but then I'm using my audio funds to work on the dedicated HT this year. So, can I ask what you are getting them for from Carolina Audio? Are they new or used?

----------------

On 3/30/2004 10:48:41 AM 3dzapper wrote:

Model 10s are 2A3 PP amps that run class A up to about 6 watts then AB1 to 10 and have a peak music power of 20watts. (OK Paul?)

----------------

Rick,

I hope these work out well for you.

Lorenzo,

It was your posts about your ASL that started me thinking. The ASL 1007 is not available in the USA. Griffinator has a nice 2A3 PP in his line but when these came up I bit. I send Ronnie the check today. He has them packed up and ready to go.

Jhawk,

They are five months old and were lightly used to test the Jordan driven transmission line speakers he builds. I paid about half price for them.

Rick

----------------

On 3/31/2004 7:45:44 PM mdeneen wrote:

Is that a dish of cheese and crackers?

mdeneen

----------------

LOL!!! I'm also eagerly awaiting the blueberry. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Although it'll be used downstairs, I have a couple hundred feet of wire ready to plug into the MkIIIs for corn testing.3.gif

Good luck with your new purchase Rick.1.gif

Yes, Kelly did them in return for my letting him hear a relatively stock Scott 299B. All caps and resistors are stock values except the bias dropping resistor and two extra resistors on the EL-84 cathodes for bias readings. He does do nice web work.

Rick

BB3.jpg

Review to follow after a short break in period and audition with more amps. So far Jolida a lot of detail a little bright. Sounds like new caps. 300B SET more mellow and improving by the minute. No lack of bass and nice clean mids. With the Jolida, I thought I had new tweeters! I'm at the club where Dianna Krall is playing right now. Earlier Billy Joel was on stage.

Rick

Rick

post-12829-13819253706864_thumb.jpg