Modifing Khorn with bose speakers

khorn58

I just tried using a bose 901 5 inch speaker for the khorn mid and high end. I tore off the mid horn and tweeter cabnet and hace mounted the 901 in a plastic klenex box the sound is unreal.

Even my dog likes it he dosnt have to turn his head when listing like he did with the mid horn.

Any way I have 5 klipsch wood mid horns and vintage t35 for sale or will trade for bose 901 raw 5" speakers

HA! I would buy your 5 wood mid horns and t35s, but last night I replaced my mid horns with a couple of old ceramic toilet bowls (using same K-55-V drivers). You think the 901 in a plastic kleenix box sound nice, you should try this mod.

BTW - What day is it?

-PB

"I tore off the mid horn and tweeter cabinet and have mounted the 901 in a plastic Kleenex box the sound is unreal."

I agree 100% the sound of BOSE is unreal, unnatural, unpleasing and any other unflattering description you can think of. Why would you waste a Kleenex box like that?

Tom, since I was blinded in a tragic construction accident involving White Castle hamburgers, I have had a very difficult time traversing the basement until I followed your advice, with a small twist. I mounted the Bose 901s on a rotating Leslie vibrato pedastal. Due to the pronounced Dopler effect, I am now able to navigate the basement with out crashing into the wine rack, or rupturing the water pipes any more.

Unfortunately, I can no longer use the CD players(they are mounted too high,) and the tuner is programmed only to come on for Rush Limbaugh's show. The pain has reached such levels that I am obtaining opiates on the gray market from Canada, which is something Rush always used to complain about(sigh.) Buy American, huh?2.gif

You know fellas, I was just looking at Bose 901s on Ebay. They seem to hold their value pretty well. I might just buy myself a pair of the real old ones; the ones with rolled cloth surrounds and the front that was mostly wood with a kind of a slot with grille-cloth offset to one side for the single forward-facing driver. I think they'd be cool to have.

There are alot worse sounding speakers and for alot more money.

----------------

On 4/1/2004 10:52:38 PM TBrennan wrote:

You know fellas, I was just looking at Bose 901s on Ebay. They seem to hold their value pretty well. I might just buy myself a pair of the real old ones; the ones with rolled cloth surrounds and the front that was mostly wood with a kind of a slot with grille-cloth offset to one side for the single forward-facing driver. I think they'd be cool to have.

There are alot worse sounding speakers and for alot more money.

----------------

I think i've got a pair of those speakers you're referring to (the 4.2 stereo everywhere bookshelf speakers)...to be honest, i think they sound good, but it's a klipsch forum and i don't feel like being pounced on so imma say they suck 2.gif I will say however that they're nothing like the new crap Bose is putting out. I'm currently using them for surrounds. They're my dad's speakers, but I think I could convince him to sell them if you're actually interested (or are you being sarcastic? sometimes it's hard to tell). We've (me) been wanting to get a proper set of surrounds as mounting these suckers on the wall is rather annoying.