MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS is out on DVD TODAY

picky

----------------

On 4/13/2004 9:16:06 PM cluless wrote:

----------------

On 4/13/2004 8:44:51 PM picky-picky wrote:

My expectations of the movie were on a more simplistic level: I simply wanted to see a great action flick with a lot of amazing CG and great sound effects. Well, I got that and I'm happy. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. If you were looking for something much deeper and this movie failed some of you, hey, no problem here. To each his own. I guess you wasted $16 bucks?

----------------

Picky, The directors stepped out of the realm of action/sci-fi flicks by introducing this quasi-intellectuall B/S. I just didn't GROK it.

----------------

FYI: Lewis Carrol's "Through the Looking Glass" i.e. Alice in Wonderland was written to seduce a 11 year old girl. it was a tale written by a known pedaphile and Math Professor Lewis Carrol. He wrote it to seduce the dean's daughter, and he began telling it via a Picnic that he had with her...

Amazing the pretences behind the things we find incredible....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/13/2004 8:52:12 PM easylistener wrote:

I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks the sound track needs some work. Like I stated before in this thread it was ok. I do not need more power either I have 400 watts rms to all 7 speakers and SVS sub. Sure there is one or two seens that have some good bass, but to me this doesn't make the sound track.

----------------

This is the way I see it. This may not be the very best movie ever, and the soundtrack probably could be a little better, but this is definitly much better than a lot of the crap that I've seen come out of Hollywood as of late. Will it be considered a classic along the lines of things like The Wizard of OZ, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, and a number of others? Probably, probably not. I would imagine the original Matrix may be looked back as one of the great classics. I certainly think the Lord of the Rings will definitly be looked at as one of the great classics. But than again, I know people that think some of those movies suck. For example, my mother absolutly hates the Wizard of OZ.

Me, I liked the movie enough to warrent buying the DVD as well as actually going out to the movies to see it when it first appeared. Most movies, I'd just rather wait for the DVD and then only rent it through Netflix or the local Blockbuster.

This seems to be one of those movies that people either loved it or just did not like it at all.

easy:

You certainly have plenty of power with 400W/channel x7 (I assume into 8 ohms)! Do you have a large room? I'm running the Pioneer VSX-49TXi and it has 130 W/Channel x7 into 8 ohms. In our small room, it seems to supply enough power for our current needs, but then, there is always the future to look forward to. 3.gif Thanks for the tip on 'Reign of Fire'. I'll have to rent that one.

m00n:

No tension. I simply didn't want to leave anything to chance by leaving any doors open. Thanks. I think I can confirm that my bride of 31 years feels that things are just dandy. 9.gif

cluless:

I understand what you are getting at: You were hoping to find something more than you did. I'm sorry this movie didn't work for you. I personally didn't enjoy every second of these 3 movies either, nor are there many movies that I do enjoy virtually every second. Especially in the second movie, the dialog (what there is of it) runs very long in the tooth and does sound much like pyscho-babble. But, it's nothing that I am going to get attacted to, nor am I implying that you would. As for the action scenes, in the second film, except for the motorcycle chase, everything else seemd to be filler. The manner in which they staged Neo against all commers during the marshall arts scenes, he almost appeared bored at times!! Well, I was, too. The first film will always be my favorite of the three, mainly because it was full of fresh ideas. I enjoyed the third because it gave alot of closure to all of the loose ends left open by the second film and truthfully, I did enjoy a lot of the effects. I am not one to get into the fantasy aspects of this adventure, nor did I think this third flick was incredible. Entertaining, yes, but not incredible. I thought first one was incredible, the first time I saw it. And yes, there is always room for improvement. I'd like to see the first one re-mastered onto D-VHS so I could see it in Hi-Def and take advantage of the extra 2 rear channels. Wouldn't it be nice to see some of the things that you brought up improved upon in a re-mix to D-VHS? But then, I would venture a simple re-mix isn't going to heal the things you found wrong with this film and that you might not be willing to sit through it one more time. I would totally understand that position, too.

RFinco:

I'm more prone to be seduced by the likes of a believeable movie such as 'Open Range', which has a plot that one cab climb right into and hold onto. As for the 'Matrix', I'm just here for the shallow, window dressing. i.e.: CG and effects. What do you suppose the pretense was behind the 'Matrix' series? Making money?

skonopa:

I agree with you that the first movie will probably be hearlded by many as a classic. Some people already do.

-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 4/13/2004 9:16:06 PM cluless wrote:

I just didn't GROK it.

----------------

hey Clu-

i was in high school when i saw that movie2.gif

there was a double feature and the movie 'Dark Star'while low budget,left me with one part of the movie i will NEVER forget.

there is some type of extremely powerful weapon that becomes self-concious(sound familiar?)and you hear it say "and God said 'let there be light'" and it explodes...

avman.

easy:

LOLOLOLOL! 9.gif I know what you mean about the heat! 14.gif I tired to address ventilation in my room when I considered the HVAC ducting. I put in a Heating-A/C duct and a cold air return to try and keep the air moving in there. With my projector running on the ceiling, it's a bit like having a minature "heat pump" in that room. Add to that all of the equipment and halogen lighting and "PHEW"! It gets pretty warm in there at times. I may add an inline, exhaust fan to the mix (if I can find a silent one) if it's a problem during the summer when the central A/C is on. I don't expect that to be too much of an issue because the basement is usually the coolest part of the house in the summer. In fact, before I enclosed the room, it felt like a meat locker down there! 6.gif BRRRR! Right now, during heating season, if I have too I can crack a window open the furnace room next to the theater and turn on the ceiling vent fan in the adjacent bathroom and it creates a constant airflow through the theater that seems to work without too much bother or noise. We do not allow smoking in our house, so at least that's not an issue either. 14.gif No offense to those of you who do enjoy a smoke now and then. I used to smoke myself about 24 years ago. Now, it's maybe a cigar around the occasional campfire, and just like Mr. Clinton: I don't inhale. 9.gif I just LOVE hunting and tent camping! 1.gif Hmmm....I wonder if Stewart makes a portable, water-proof model screen? 5.gif11.gif

-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 4/14/2004 8:59:45 AM easylistener wrote:

Picky

It is 400 rms into 8 ohms. 1.2kw peaks. My room is 12x25. I used to run a Denon 4802 that had 125x7 and I thought that was enough before I got more. Now I will never go back. I live up in WI and let me tell you I don't need to have the heat on in that room with all of the 7 amps on.

----------------

hey...I'm in wisconsin too....and it Often reaches either a balmy....-2 degrees or, and this is my favorite (sarcasm) 99 degrees with a 82% humidity...

PC power and cooling have been a godsend for my electronics.......they have fans and coolers for everything under the sun..

I need an amp though....

----------------

On 4/14/2004 6:46:27 AM picky-picky wrote:

RFinco:

I'm more prone to be seduced by the likes of a believeable movie such as 'Open Range', which has a plot that one cab climb right into and hold onto. As for the 'Matrix', I'm just here for the shallow, window dressing. i.e.: CG and effects. What do you suppose the pretense was behind the 'Matrix' series? Making money?

----------------

how was OPEN RANGE? I've been told its good..I've yet to see it. the last REALLY good movie I saw was MYSTIC RIVER. I enjoy the whole "anti-hero, no one's all good or all bad" type premise that some writers and directors play with as of late.

Here's a "party time" trifecta for ya': Mystic River, a simple plan, unforgiven--and if you want to finish it off--THE ICE STORM will certainly do just that..

RFinco:

Although, I am a native Michigander, having lived in Northern Nevada (years ago) I have an affinity for this sort of movie and 'Open Range' is quite possibly the best "Cowboy Movie" (not to be confused with Westerns) I have ever seen. The acting and cinematography is outstanding. I really enjoyed Robert Duvall in both, 'Open Range' and the 'Lonesome Dove' series. Kevin Costner does a very believeable job in 'Range', too. I am looking forward to viewing 'Mystic River' and 'Cold Mountain'. 'The Unforgiven' is one of my favorite Clint Eastwoods!

-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 4/13/2004 10:00:13 PM RFinco wrote:

FYI: Lewis Carrol's "Through the Looking Glass" i.e. Alice in Wonderland was written to seduce a 11 year old girl. it was a tale written by a known pedaphile and Math Professor Lewis Carrol. He wrote it to seduce the dean's daughter, and he began telling it via a Picnic that he had with her...

Amazing the pretences behind the things we find incredible....

----------------

I dont know what Carroll was but I DO know what I AM!

rabbit drop.gifBugs Lola sml.jpg

I'mmmmm late, I'm late for a very important date!

No time to say hello, good-bye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late

I'm late and when I wave, I lose the time I save.

My fuzzy ears and whiskers took me too much time to shave.

I run and then I hop, hop, hop, I wish that I could fly.

There's danger if I dare to stop and here's a reason why:

I'm over-due, I'm in a rabbit stew.

Can't even say good-bye,

hello, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

Take us home Charles! Never mind. Well take my Dodgson. 9.gif