MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS is out on DVD TODAY

picky

Guest Anonymous

WOWOWOWOW is all I gotta say...I never imagined this would sound sssooooo great on my HT. Thank god I have the sub from hell cause my 2500 watt crown K2 was redlining like a biatch..."the voice" was ssooo much better than I remember, this has got to be the best movie I have ever experienced in my home....I am a happy man with a smile for a change2.gif2.gif3.gif12.gif9.gif9.gif fasten your seatbelts, turn up the volume and enjoy the most LFE of any movie I ahve seen, including Titan ae by a mile...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that "Machine God " voice sounds coming from my surrounds! WOW.. Heck all around.... If in the movie The Ten Commandments had this voice back in the day.... Would have scared everyone!!

OMGIAPIMP ... It (The experience) was fantastic... Wife and I bought it tonight and watched it, the the machine GOD just shook the whole room. But get this too, it was soo powerful and clean...(it is not a boom box feel more of like an earthquake that talks...I just swore for the first 3-5 seconds our house was gonna just rip apart..) Klipsch RSW-15 is just amazing!!

Now to watch it, and to re understand what is all going on too. LOL?

If anyone has a good site to explain all what is going on let me know.

Be forewarned... If you have a mediocre system..this just might push it over the edge... NO WAY IN A 1000 years could BOSE sound good with this one.. Just too much powerful stuff going on too.

Holy Sh!t... that was the best sound I have ever heard in a movie... hands down.

It easily beat both theaters I saw it in, including Imax... I don't even know how thats possible.

When the machines were drilling into the dock, It literally felt as if they were going to come through my celing 6.gif

If it sounded this good on my RB5ii's and SVS sub, I can't even fathom how realistic it sounded on some of your guys's amazing systems.

Wow.

----------------

On 4/6/2004 11:47:11 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

If anyone has a good site to explain all what is going on let me know.

----------------

http://www.matrix-explained.com there is a forum section there too. Lots of theories and fact. Good stuff.

OK... The Machine God voice.. It was very good. The equipment handled it very well. I'll give it thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif out of 5. Why? Well two reasons:

1) I think it will sound even better when my new RC7s arrive. It will sound even better when I get them mounted correctly with approporate space behind them and tilted down towards the seating area. That will give it at least thumb.gif more thumbs up.

2)I don't expect to get 5 simply because of sheer room physics. Simply need a bigger room. Better accoustics.

I told you guys this was going to have serious audio candy. Very good all the way around. Very pleased.

Just wondering... what do you guys have your crossovers at? I have mine at around 85, and I found that the machine god voice seemed to be split between my RB's and my sub... while it did dig deep in some parts, it didnt seem as loud/low as some of the other scenes with lots of bass. I suspect my xover is just too low...

OH! I cant wait based on what you guys are saying should give my dual 15" subwoofers a workout as well as my Vertical Cornwalls in the rear. The tapping glass scene in Finding Nemo literally sends sonic shockwaves through your body with the intensity and is with the system not even really turned up. I had just got a new/used Denon DVM-4800 to try it on but UPS damaged it. The rough handling sheared the drive gear for the disc tray right off. 15.gif

Juba310:

I have my RSW-15 set for LFE Mode and 80Hz, which is the THX calibrated frequency for LFE, although I don't believe 'Matrix:Revolutions' is done according to THX. I have always used this setting for all movies and HDTV and it seems to work with excellent results.

I will be watching the movie tomorrow night as I'd mentioned earlier, but with all of the great reviews you guys are giving it, I almost wanna take this afternoon off from work and play hooky in my theater! 11.gif11.gif11.gif9.gif

m00n: You are certainly turning into the "Mad Tweaker!" 9.gif I hope those RC-7s prove to have been worth all of the extra work you are going to! I admire your tenacity doood! 10.gif I remember that it was you that first brought the "Machine God" voice up. I think that was back in November when the movie first came out. I saw it at the IMAX a day or two later and according to what Juba, Indy & Smilin have to say, I'm in for a real treat! 6.gif

I'll let you guys know how my little theater does! - Picky 2.gif

i got finished w/service calls a little earlier than i thought i would, and SWMBO had picked up the dvd...so i watched it last night for the first time.

i really enjoyed it,but 'had' to back off the volume(from 1 o'clock to 11 o'clock)on the RSW-15 so as not to raise the ire of the neighbors(they have always been cool w/me,but i don't want to kick the sleeping dog).

i beleive it was a digging scene when it felt like my couch had turned into the bed scene from the excorsist3.gif man that was a-shakin'!!

so it looks like i will have to watch it again(darn! 2.gif )during the day somtime when i can loosen the reins on the rsw-15 and the rest of my system9.gif

avman.

----------------

On 4/7/2004 1:45:15 PM Juba310 wrote:

I'm going to try raising my xover to 100 today and hear how the machine god voice sounds. Maybe my xover was just a tad too low when i watched it the first time...

----------------

i CERTAINLY would recommend trial-and-error w/different x-over settings, but i have mine set to 40Hz for l,r front(KLF-30's) and 60Hz for center and surrounds(C-7/KSP-S6 surr.)

in the showroom today i played that scene and switched from small to large settings for all speakers when i was un-impressed with the first run. it improved,but not as good as in my ht room.(will continue 'tweaking')

showroom setup is:

rf-7's/rc-7/rs-7's/rsw-15 w/fosgate pre-pro and fosgate 200w.p.c.amp

room size may be a BIG factor as the showroom is a good bit smaller than my ht room.

avman.

Picky-My local Klipsch dealer showed me a picture of the behind-the-screen IMAX theater with all of the speaker placements, etc. Klipsch was the brand of choice for this particular IMAX, but I'm not sure where it was. Did you see Revolutions in Lansing or Detroit? (Not too long ago Lansing had Reloaded and Revolutions playing back-to-back.)

David

avman- unfortunatly, my receiver does not have very good xover settings, I know I should have looked into this before purchasing it, but its a major drawback to it. The lowest it cuts off at is at 100hz. As I had it before, I had it set on the "PLUS" setting, where the entire signal got sent to the speakers (set as large) and the sub. In this way, I could use the subs xover. However, I feel that maybe putting the entire signal through my RB5ii's might be bad for them (what do you think?)... so in a little I'm going to set the fronts on small, and have the reciever do the xover at 100hz.

i wouldn't say it is 'bad' for them,unless you push them sooo hard that they bottom out or distort.

i would say that w/bookshelf speakers that 100 or 80Hz roll-off-to-sub should be fine,AS LONG AS the sub can play well up to that x-over point AND 'dig deep' at the same time.

avman.