MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS is out on DVD TODAY

picky

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Special effects were good (look at the chain to the gate in the middle of the movie - looks like a college students first try at rendering), the movie itself was OK, and since someone else bought it, its all good 9.gif

I think they could have done WAY better. The story line turned from unique (first Matrix) to the stereotypical one of all modern movies (the last ten minuites being a 'winddown' - not creative)

At least movies like Fight Club have some twists and turns.

I just went and purchased the second one and the third one today at my local K-mart. I don't even want to open the second one if it sucks. I paid 9.99 for the second one and i paid 15.99 for the third one. Now i have to do is get the one i really know i like the first one. Did i do good? Should i open em up? I am on a tight budget. And Juba the hut I have mine on 100 hz i like that setting it gives me that extra grunt without it being to directional. But regular tv i like 80 hz because tv has a boomier sound and 80 cleans that crummy signal up a bit. 100 hz is Really nice with cd's and dvds that have quality bass. All the other speakers i have owned i could get a good setting just about any hz. But with klipsch it's tougher. It's hard to get a smooth transition with that horn's energy without the sub being boomy. Well mOOn is the second one a keeper? I really just want to watch that third one bad.

Wheel- If you're into the plot of the matrix, definently watch the 2nd one... the 3rd wont make much sense otherwise.

I don't know why all of you dislike the 2nd and 3rd ones so much... they worked out perfectly IMO. Just because a movie doesnt have a "tricky twist" at the end doesnt mean its necissarily bad. IMHO, I believe that people who didn't like the 2nd and 3rd movies: A) Just aren't into the whole plot enough or B) Didn't understand the movie as well as others.

All of that is open to debate, of course. Just my thoughts...

Juba that's what i kind of figuered. That's why i bought it. I figured if i was to rent it. It would cost me 5 bucks for five days because i live out of town. So 10 to own it isn't bad unless it stinks. "Even then i need to watch it. I think i will watch the reloaded tonight.

----------------

On 4/7/2004 7:42:27 PM m00n wrote:

If nothing else, you can rent Reloaded... I personally have all three and would never think about getting rid of them. All three are outstanding in my opinion.

----------------

Well i bought two of em today. The second and third. I got to get the first one now to complete it. I figured five more bucks to own the second one was worth it. Then they had a sale on the new one too for 16 bucks at kmart. For 36 bucks you can own the whole trilogy at kmart. Not bad. I went with widescreen. Don't know why it'll probally be useless by the time i can afford a widescreen television. But i like seeing the whole picture. Not bad with all the lights off and you think your watching a little widescreen tv. Plus surround sound is just killer in the dark. I needed some good action movies to flex my hometheater's muscles anyways.2.gif

Well i just seen reloaded, and i thought it rocked and it was just right. The way it ended if i didn't have the new one i'd have to beat someone. Can't wait to see the new one. But damn that was the best ten bucks i spent on a dvd in along time. If ever. Now i got the upgrade bug. Man that bass was slamming through the entire movie. I want to swap out my cables before i watch the new one. Next i am going for seperates. That's it damn you matrix!

----------------

On 4/7/2004 11:34:34 PM wheelman wrote:

Well i just seen reloaded, and i thought it rocked and it was just right. The way it ended if i didn't have the new one i'd have to beat someone. Can't wait to see the new one. But damn that was the best ten bucks i spent on a dvd in along time. If ever. Now i got the upgrade bug. Man that bass was slamming through the entire movie. I want to swap out my cables before i watch the new one. Next i am going for seperates. That's it damn you matrix!
----------------

Bass? Whats bass? I DON'T HAVE A SUBWOOFER!!! I have 6, 5.25" woofers and thats it 15.gif - I need a sub amp.

----------------

On 4/8/2004 12:56:09 AM Juba310 wrote:

Wow if you thought reloaded was good, you're gonna need a freaking seatbelt for revolutions. I'd say revolutions is at least 5x better than reloaded sound effects wise, and im being very modest in that estimate

----------------

Yeah i really liked the story. At first i was like please. Then i was sucked into it like the first one. I better fine tune everything before i watch the next one. Man my sub just slammed through that whole reload movie. I think i got i better sub than i really knew i had.

dkp:

The IMAX I saw Revolutions at was at the Henry Ford in Dearborn near Detroit. They have speakers made by an IMAX subsidiary: Sonics Associates, Inc.

Here's the link to their theater's info page: http://www.hfmgv.org/imax/about.asp They use 12,000 Watts for lows, mids and highs and have 8-18 inch subwoofers! 6.gif

m00n:

I'm glad you like the image I posted. I ran the DVD on my workstation at home, paused it, and then just did a screen grab using JASC Paint Shop Pro. Tonight's the night for us to watch that thang! 9.gif

In a really strange first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs last night, the Red Wings beat the Nashville Predators 3-1. Woo-Hoo! 3.gif "Cup Fever" is alive an well in Detroit!

-Picky 2.gif

lancestorm:

If you dare watch this movie without a sub, we will all send you to your room! 9.gif

Then, EAR will come to your house and give you an extensive, 3-day subwoofer brainwashing! 6.gif

Trust me: You definitely will benefit from a sub when viewing this movie!

I see you are running a 4.1 system. What sort of sub do you have now and what are you looking to buy, if I may ask?

BTW- It's good to see that the Reds picked up a win yesterday! The Tigers are on a very suprising 3-0 roll. They've been so-o bad the last 10 years! Hopefully, they are turning things around now.

-Picky 2.gif

Picky,

LOL. I can see you and EAR beating me to a pulp for watching without a sub.

I have a 4.1 setup for my computer. I have a 5.0 setup in my living room. That is the five RF-3II's. I was basically slowly saving for a projector because I thought that would be the next best thing to get (I have a 24 inch tv right now). Now you guys got me wanting to get the sub... I dunno. I change my mind everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Right now the floorstanders do an "ok" job at movies, just can't really produce the shaking explosions, etc that is sorely being missed.

edit:// I was saving for a projector with the thought in mind of about a $1000 sub, likely the SVS PB2-isd (I think that is what is called, can't recall). It would be a *long* time before I could afford that toy.

Basically the idea was to eventually get a sub but had two things in front of it:

1. build the basement theater (finish basement with 7.1 wiring, etc)

2. projector purchase

3. sub

The order changes daily :).

When i switched my mains to large with sub playing.The sound seemed a tad more wider, but when i switched the mains back to small with the sub BOOM! On reloaded that is. I couldn't believe how much more bass was prominent. It wasn't like a golden ear thing. The difference was monsterous. Lancestorm if you like action flicks the sub is about the most important speaker their is. Just my opinion, but i think their isn't that larger than life quality without one. On regular tv i could easily live without one even music. But put in a dvd movie and i gosta have my sub.1.gif

BREAKING NEWS: THE QUAKE OF 2004 HITS ALLEN PARK, MICHIGAN!! 7.0 on the RICHTER SCALE!! MASSIVE DAMAGE (ALMOST) 9.gif

Well, we have now watched 'The Matrix:Evolutions' at home Thursday night (with our son) and all I can say is, I certainly have my work cut out for me! As many of you know, I am just about three weeks from finishing our theater. I Began what is hopefully, the last month's worth of work on it around April 1st. Our project began in late August of 2002. 14.gif It will be great to have everything done!

'Revolutions' was nothing but amazing! I enjoyed every minute of it and the Machine God voice did not disappoint. There is also a segment during the big fight between Neo and Smith when there is extremely loud upper-bass coming out of all the speakers, including the surrounds! I've never heard them do that before.

The following day was Good Friday and my son and I both had the day off. So we worked together installing the suspended ceiling grid for our new black, melamine, acoustic foam ceiling. We installed all of the tiles that did not need to be cut, and finished up about 5PM. We cracked-open a couple of beers and sat down and watched 'Matrix:Reloaded'.

OMG!!!! 6.gif

The ceiling isn't even completed and compared with the open joists that were exposed before, the pronouncement and focus of the sound is now amazing and the bass is much more percussive! I do not mean boomy, either. There's just more punch to the bass. In fact, while watching 'Reloaded' we had to get up twice to adjust the liquor bottles on the bar back as they were rattling towards the front of the shelf, ready to fall forward like an earthquake!

The new ceiling did not buzz at all, nor did I ever notice any reflections from it. There are also some obvious things I'll need to tweak (isolate with rubber feet, etc). after the theater is done so they do not buzz. I will also have to make a lip on the liquor shelf because if any of my booze bottles ever fell off and broke, my friends would all lock me up for alcohol abuse! 9.gif

So, there you have it: 'The Matrix:Revolutions' and 'Reloaded' really quaked Southeast lower Michigan this week. Looks like we've have to watch the first one now, just to give it equal time!

Man, do I ever love this hobby!!!16.gif

-Picky 2.gif

earthquake.jpgpost-10177-13819253804074_thumb.jpg