SVS PB1-ISD VS RW-15

Kartracer77

This has been done to death but here goes,the RW12 has some good punch and descent deep bass output.The SVS ISD equiped subs are capable of deeper bass with a good deal more output down low.

Or did you want to compare the RSW12,here too good deep bass output with a BIG punch,again the SVS ISD subs beast the RSW12 down low.

"It beat out the most potent HSU subs in nearly every category."

That is no truth,sugar coating from SVS groupies.A VTF3 goes toe to toe with any SVS single ISD woofer sub.In output,quality and fit and finish.

On music the RSW12 is not less clean than the SVS ISD.

Most of the SVS "groupies" that read the reviews agree both subs are well worth the money. Many also acknowledge that to single out one as the winner is a mute point since they are both produced superb results.

Ed and Craig, who did the 2 shoot outs, went way beyond what the average listener would go through for set up and obtaining results.

There is an interesting thread over on the SPoT where someone asked which SvS was a good bedroom sub. The "groupies" overwhelmingly recommended the HSU subs.

The 2 companies produce great products that comparing for the "average" end user is a matter of splitting hairs.

As I said in one of the thread, HSU would be in my house if there was a special need. But with SvS being manufactured in the USA I would be willing to sacrifice a little to keep an fellow American employed. I don't think there is anything sacrificed going with either sub.

I'm in an upgrading process, But right now im using some promedia subs, the ultra and sws. This is not how they are configured, this was only for a pic.

Click Me

They dont have much power below 30, but above 35 they can wreak stuff up. So I'm looking into the rw-12 and BP1-isd because I need "true" LEF for movies. Also considering the infinity ps-12. But for somereason I dont like hsu. I went and looked at them but i dont like the way they look. I think svs looks better thb.

I give props to HSU subs; they have a great sound. My first major upgrade to sub land was a HSU VTF-2, and I love it. It does duty in my family room and fits nicely where a SVS could not (also excellent WAF factor). I also concur that the HSU sound may make for a better bedroom sub.

I highly recommend both SVS and HSU subs.

Carl.

Great,thanx for the link and data.I see the STF3 produces the same output around 30Hz! Very good,down to 25Hz both are quite ok.

For real deep bass the SVS takes a commanding lead,very nice.

113dB at 31.5Hz must be measured at 1 meter from the woofer.No way these are at listening position.My tiny Sunfire Signature belts out 117dB at 31.5Hz 3.gif

He he

Well at $1899 you pay for the mini mite too 14.gif

Aww man guys I am confused. SVS subs sure can go low but is this needed. If I heard correctly DVD's rarely go that low 20 hz. So who really needs a sub that will play loud at this level? Does klipsch have the right idea for their subs to play good in the upper ranges 30-70 hz? And do they do it better than SVS? This is what I am interested in, clean punchy bass. Right now I have a 15" def tech pf15tl+ that sure could get loud dont know how low it goes but its muddy and not punchy. I never use it for music. This is why I am leaning towards klipsch for my next sub the RW-12 that is. But I really dont wanna make a mistake and not go with an SVS.

Joe

The link leads to a great review too,finally some serious subwoofer reviews!Most mags post rag toilet paper subwoofer reviews.Good to see some non pro" review done like a review should be done,with plenty of MEASURED performance!

Only more and larger pics are lacking but as a whole job well done.