Easter Music?

Strabo

What are you playing this morning?

The Easter Bunny showed up early this morning. Last week I ordered a few LP's which I have sent to my mother's house since she's home during the day to recieve them. Got up at 6:30am this morning (we are morning people, no alarm needed) to find my mom pulling in (she works nights by choice). She brought over my order, so I've been spinning vinyl for three hours.1.gif

Currently Sarah Vaughan is serenading us with Sassy. One of the new Speakers Corner's remasters. It's wonderful.

Previously, Peggy Lee sang to us on Bewitching Lee, and Latin Ala Lee, and Aerosmith's Honkin' On Bobo.

The Peggy Lee's are the new S&P remasters, all analog baby! Oh, that silky and powerful voice. Latin Ala Lee still has the sibalance in it so I'm guessing that it's on the master tape since it is also on the DCC CD. But the mids are amazing, and what a couple of fun albums. I'll probably get rid of the DCC CD, eventually because there is nothing like the new vinyl.

I'm here to say, the Aerosmith vinyl is heads and tails better than the CD. If I only had the CD to listen to I would probably never listen to it again. I hated it that bad. Thank God for vinyl!

So what are you spinning?

No music on at my house yet this morning. After attending the Easter Vigil at my church I just haven't bothered. We had a 3 1/2 hour service with Gregorian chant, and a bit of Bach at the end. Most any thing else pales in comparison.

Not that what you are playing is necessarily wrong or bad. It's just that after that and getting home after 2:00 am, most of the family is still asleep.

Marvel

Well, I have 25 slots on my CD changer reserved for Christian music. I have ALL the Imperial CDs. I grew up on them and love em. 4HIM, Steven C Chapman, anything that fits that sound winds up in the house. Usually put on random play with only those 25 discs on Sundays.

----------------

On 4/11/2004 1:13:49 PM mandi wrote:

Well, I have 25 slots on my CD changer reserved for Christian music. I have ALL the Imperial CDs. I grew up on them and love em. 4HIM, Steven C Chapman, anything that fits that sound winds up in the house. Usually put on random play with only those 25 discs on Sundays.
----------------

( I hate to ruin my image but......)

The Imps- Standing on the Rock of love

Rise up Arise from the St. Paul oratorio

Zappa's Dirty Love (just kidding)

He is Risen!!

Regards,

Terry

----------------

On 4/11/2004 11:36:43 AM leok wrote:

Handel's Messiah

then

Steve Morse selections recommended by Chris Robinson

Leo
----------------

Nice mix!?!?

Went to see Stanley Clark in concert. Dixie Dregs was the warm-up band. Blew Clark off the stage. Morse and the band were so good that we left after 3 cuts from Clark!

Terry

Drats, Forrest...I wanted to hear a few passages from that Telarc disc, but when I downloaded one selection, I couldn't play it (I know now it's a RealPlayer music clip that's not supported by Window's MediaPlayer).

So I guess I'll just need to order that CD online, eh?2.gif

The Durufle/faure CD is great---check out the other Shaw recordings--Mozart Requiem, Beethoven Mass, Brahms Requiem plus a host of others that are wonderful on the Telarc label of the late Robert Shaw w/ the Atlanta Chorus---the absolute best is the Rachmaninoff Vespers w/ the Shaw festival singers---that may by one the very best choral recordings available on commercial CD.