4 Heresys an d 2 La Scalas

coronaspect

Greg

If you don't have room for the LAS, the Heresy will be OK. If you go Heresy, contact John Albright on the Forum. He has a crossover tweek that will kick up the Heresy midrange to better match the LAS midrange.

Midrange is the most important part of the center. Some here have taken a K400 horn and used them with a Heresy too.

Many of us have done a custom center with great results.

Lots of options for you.

JM

this might even sound wierd, but 1 thing that occured to me was... knowing the heresies and las the way i do you might do as well to use 2 heresies as front channels and your las as front and rear center's? with the other 2 heresies as sides, i tell you, you just cant do better than an lascalla as center channel, and the heresies are a stand alone speaker and would be great as front channels, just an idea12.gif

John, I thought about using my older set of heresys on top of the entertainment center laying horizontally butted up against each other with the teeters inboard and bi- wiring them. Since my older Heresys have the same high and mid drivers as my 78 La Scalas, would'nt they be a good match?

"No - Dont use two Heresys!"

I may be wrong here but I thought marksdad was referring to swapping the roles of the La Scala's and Heresy's such that use the Heresy's as mains and the La Scala's as center front and rear. I too disagree with this approach because even though the center channel carries up to 70 75 % of the content it should not overwhelm you mains. I agree with most of the recommendations here in that go with a 3rd La Scala for the center if you have room and use a Heresy if not. I would not use two Heresy's as a center front rig though. I would use them as front and rear centers. Hey you have a good problem here you have a workable solution that you can improve upon but do not have to right away. I should be troubled in this way

the LAS as center with 2 LAS as main is in my opinion the best option for the front.

if your wife think the LAS is too big for a center use it as a stand for your tv:set your center LAS horizontaly under your screen.

i ve got a very little center regarding to your s but my girl friend can t bear the SC1 over the tv screen, one day i set the center under the tv and she has forgoten the "black box over the tv".9.gif

make a test2.gif

----------------

On 4/20/2004 12:10:57 AM coronaspect wrote:

John, I thought about using my older set of heresys on top of the entertainment center laying horizontally butted up against each other with the teeters inboard and bi- wiring them. Since my older Heresys have the same high and mid drivers as my 78 La Scalas, would'nt they be a good match?

----------------

Greg

If space is the problem, use a single Heresy on your Entertainment system. Contact John Albright and get a copy of his crossover mod that will crank up the squawker to better match your LAS.

On a HT center, your midrange match is your most important. Your low bass will lack, but that compromise is very easy to live with since your sub can take over at 80 HZ.

JM

of course another la would be the best with the larger heritage(check my sig), but he does not have it. just as part of the tweak bug, the other day i moved my heresies upstairs to replace my little yammy speaks, and my goodness, all i could do is sit and say wow, those heresies added so much more ambience sounstage everything!!! my bedroom is definatly sexier now! my point again is that the heresies ARE stand alone speakers, and yes my intention was to use 2 heresies as front channels and 2 as sats, and the las as centers, they make outstanding centers, amayzing, give it a try, you wont be disapointed12.gif

also with a center this big you do not have to have it sitting exactly in front of you, i have mine sitting off to the side of the tv, and toed in, with the proper distance adjustment you cant tell it isnt dead on center, plus i do remember another member trying to use 2 speaks as centers and they created som type of interference, cancellations or something or other?12.gif

• Moderators

This is a dumb question, however, it will probably save me money in the long run so here goes anyway. If you are running 3 LaScalla's upfront, where do you have the TV (I don't have a projector/screen yet. A LaScalla is not shielded in anyway so TV on top of the center (I shudder even thinking about setting a tv on top of one). Any insight into this layout issue would be most appreciated.

Travis

I was concerned about EMI also. I decided to go with my older Heresys as front and rear centers. I had an older set of K-77's so I transplated them into my Heresys. Now My La Scala and front Heresy have the same mid and high drivers so they match pretty good. The older K-77, not the K-77M...is naturally shielded by it's construction. I haven't had any EMI probs at all since the swap out.

As far as using a La Scala for a center, It should be no problem if it too has the older K-77 high driver.