$2,400 for 5.1 set of R35s (including RW12)

Hard 21

Depends on if his posted prices are the same as the list prices. If it's 10% off list prices then I think you can do better.

For example, when I bought my RF-7's from Good Guys I got them for $849 each, which is 23% off their posted list price of $1100 each.

Hope this helps.

With tax included, I paid $2,959.40 for my set-up from an authorized dealer here in San Antonio.

2 x RF-35

1 x RC-35

4 x RS-35

1 x RSW-10

So I probably would say you are kind of paying a lot. Try to bring him down some more, they will, especially if you have cash in hand.

The prices they have posted are almost exactly what goodguys has them listed at before their 10% discount.

After goodguys 10% discount they are $2,384.95.

What the guy quoted me on the speakers from Audio express was $2,400. Now, does goodguys normally come down more than that? It's worth the $15 difference to me to get them locally but it's not worth a $500 or so difference.

----------------

On 4/14/2004 2:11:06 PM ygmn wrote:

locally you get factory warranty....online....no warranty

I bet you could get them for less if you haggle with local dealer....

----------------

yeah-

or if you just dicussed it NICELY2.gif1.gif

avman.

btw-a price for someone buying from me would be around $2,048 12.gif

I can tell you guys as a law student, and i hope there is a lawyer here to fill in the gaps but selling any product new without a warranty, online or not violates Uniform Commercial Code regulations. Even if there isnt what is called an express warranty, a warranty will be implied to be there.

----------------

On 4/14/2004 5:29:12 PM Hensley300 wrote:

I can tell you guys as a law student, and i hope there is a lawyer here to fill in the gaps but selling any product new without a warranty, online or not violates Uniform Commercial Code regulations. Even if there isnt what is called an express warranty, a warranty will be implied to be there.

----------------

Look at the KLIPSCH news section where they went after online unauthorized retailers selling KLIPSCH

They only have to warranty those items they deem sold by authorized dealers...

hence why they also do not warranty when one owner sells to someone as used.....

2 RF-35s - $998

2 RS-35s - $600

1 RC-35 - $400

1 RW-12 - $650

TOTAL MSRP - $2,648

-10% - $265

NET - $2,383

I second the suggestion for the RB-35s for the surrounds. (I would do 3 pairs of RB-35s ($1,800) and an SVS sub and have a timbre matched 6.1 for the same money.)

John

seems a little high. have recent quotes of under $1000 for pair of RF5s and $350 for RC35 from local dealer. I agree with the others - go authorized dealer for the warranty but a little haggling is not out of the ordinary - especially for the number of speakers you are buying.

get a price you're happy with and don't look back.