A fun time at the shooting range during my recovery!!

Mighty Favog

So they found the 6th Marx Brother. There was always the popular Groucho, Chico and Harpo. The lesser known Zeppo and the mysterious Gummo but now we have the long lost Depo? Most excellent.

Bugs Groucho 3.jpg

"I just dropped in to see what condition my Deposition is in."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fini, do a search on the web on that movie -- Michael Moore did some major twisting of the facts, and used cool trick photography too.

If even a handful of teachers had been carrying a concealed weapon that day... think about it.

----------------

On 4/18/2004 10:16:25 AM fini wrote:

Coincidentally, I finally last night saw "Bowling for Columbine" for the first time. You guys see it?

----------------

Yeah, I've seen it a couple times, excellent documentary it really makes you think. I'm looking forward to his next movie Fahrenheit 9-11.

And I'm also a gun owner so don't think I'm anti gun because I'm not.

Tom-

Great experiences. I haven't had the chance to shoot the 454, .480 Ruger, or the new .500 S&W. It would be fun to try, but I think I'll set my ownership limit at the .44. I did get to hear (not shoot, unfortunately) a Barrett 50 BMG a few years ago. Pretty cool stuff. Another I'd love to shoot someday.

My wife and I went through a similar process for our CCW permits in CT. Now that we are in Colorado, we want to do the same thing, since CO and CT don't have reciprocity. But good to know that others do, as we are now "out of state" CT CCW holders. On a side note, my latest acquisition was a near-mint Kimber in .45 that was too good of a price not to pick up.

Fini-

I can respect your differing opinion, but as Dean mentioned, you should really review how Michael Moore "created" this "documentary." Check out

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

I won't get into the "what-if's" but it fascinates me how people have demonized a piece of metal and not the person(s) who pull the trigger. I flew into Denver that week to visit my parents and attend the NRA convention. I was horrified by the events, watching them unfold on TV less than 15 miles from my parents' house. (As a sidenote, I now live less than 8 miles from CHS.) I was disappointed, but understood the NRA's decision to cancel the majority of the events. I was most mad at the two shooters. Not only had they killed so many of their classmates and a teacher, but they gave all the anti-gun folks years of play on the "evils" of guns. The Bill of Rights gives people the right to defend themselves and anti-gun people (I prefer the term "anti-rights") are trying to limit the ability of people to defend themselves. I hope I never have to use lethal force to defend myself, my wife, or my 4 month old daughter, but if it comes down to a bad guy or them, the bad guy will lose.

BTW, the 5th anniversary of this event is tomorrow. Sorry to hijack the thread with a pretty hot political topic, but this is something near and dear to me.

I can contribute a bit of perspective to this thread.

A family member of mine that owned no personal protection was murdered by an intruder in her own home.

Another family member was visiting a friend in his friends home when an intruder broke down the front door. My family member promptly shot said intruder.

One family member is dead. The others alive.

Reality.

Keith

Fini if you scroll up a few posts you'll see that I said I saw it a couple of times and really enjoyed it. People are telling you to check out certain websites disputing the facts in the movie. You can also check out Michael Moores website and read his take on whats being disputed. It's really interesting.

Rick,

Thanks for showing up! Sorry I missed that post. I took a look at the website mentioned, and found the argument humorously thin. I liked the part about coming up with a mental illness diagnosis for Moore. "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on my website..."

Keith,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost family members to guns, too. One pulled her own trigger. You should see the film.

P.S. It's not so much about "guns" as it is about fear and violence. Are you fighting for your "right" to be afraid and violent? That would be some kind of mental illness, I think.

A major revelation (for me) in this film is the realization that fear is used as a motivator for most everything in this country, and may be what separates us from the rest of the world. Please think hard about this. See the film. Keep your guns. Smile at other people at the store, for Christ's sake.

I have this fear that someone else's speakers might sound better than mine, so I carry a gun. I've only heard one pair that I thought did in fact sound better than mine so I shot them full-o-holes. Mine are best again.

I might get out your way in a month or so fini. Think you'll have the KHorns in corners by then. Sure would like to hear them! 11.gif

Keith

"P.S. It's not so much about "guns" as it is about fear and violence. Are you fighting for your "right" to be afraid and violent? That would be some kind of mental illness, I think."

Re: Columbine, I think the argument could be made that its Luvox and the other SSRI drugs ( Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil etc.) that should be banned---at least as far as young teenagers are concerned.

Surveillance tape of Carlie Brucia led away by Joseph P. Smith.

CarlieBrucia Aducted.jpg

Eleven year old Carlie Brucia was found dead behind a church.

Murderer Joe P. Smith sml.jpg

Murder suspect Joseph P. Smith.

Arrested THIRTEEN times in 10 years on various

charges including attempted kidnapping of an adult woman.

There will be a quiz in 15 seconds.