Jordan's 296

NOSValves

I'm waiting for UPS to show up today with my new digital camera and then I will start the rebuild on Jordan gorgous 296. I haven't done a step by step photo shoot with the progress in ages on the forum and thought this piece and the DIYer's around here deserve it. So look here either later today for the beginning and I will update as I go along. That is as long as this will not ruffle any feathers around here so if anyone feels it will offend them please speak up and I will drop the Idea rather then further any Ill will its just not worth it.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/19/2004 8:57:14 AM DeanG wrote:

No, I'm cool with it. I've been wondering for a long time how you actually go about ripping people off. Don't forget to show us the tubes before you stash them away.
9.gif

----------------

I agree with Dean, as I am curious too...NOT

Craig seriously that would be very nice of you3.gif

Smilin a bit more12.gif

Can I tell you what I just got?

I recently bought the Fuji S7000 6.3MP camera. It's about as close as you can get to an SLR digital camera w/o actually buying one. I wanted the Canon Digital Rebel, but they're scarce and never discounted.

I bought my Fuji at Costco for $599 with a $100 rebate. Net cost is only $499 and the pictures with the excellent Fujinon lense are FANTASTIC. Shutter speed is also lightening fast, so you don't get any of that "digital lag" that so commonly plagues most digital cameras.

Sorry for interrupting. Carry on.10.gif

Actually, perhaps we should start a thread in the 'General Questions' about which digital cameras we use. I currently have a Canon G3. My cameras are kind of like my audio though, once I have used one for a year or so I always want to upgrade!

I'm thinking I may have to take a look at the 'Canon PowerShot Pro1' when it is released.

----------------

On 4/19/2004 3:04:40 PM NOSValves wrote:

Hate to say this but I think I will just do this on my own website. I don't think I can stomach this place any longer !

See ya Craig

----------------

Craig,

Was it my asking what kind of camera you bought? Geesh, I was just curious, as I really enjoy photography. The last thing I meant to do is p^ss anyone off.

Ed, I think that was a response from getting sheet shovelled his way from other quarters. It would make sense, as people would need to visit his site , and Craig would avoid getting dumped on. Unfortunately, I've never seen a rebuild, so we miss out as a forum.

Hate to say this but I think I will just do this on my own website. I don't think I can stomach this place any longer !

See ya Craig

WTF is that all about ??

I see no insult in any of the replies and frankly old son ......I have bitten my tongue many a time regarding some of your responses here. I would not like to see you leave but on the other hand I think that those who dish it out ( rather more often than necessary IMHO ) must be able to take it to have any credibility. I don't know who pissed on your petunias but I for one am getting more than a little tired of you and a few other prima donnas publicly throwing snit fits !

You are a valuable resource to this community but that does not grant you the right to piss all over every one of us who fails to agree with you on any given point. If you stay I will be pleased but if you pick up home plate and bugger off ...So be it!

Lynnm,

I am pretty hurt by your post ! My comments in this thread have nothing to do with you or anyone else in this thread! I am upset that someone is allowed to blatently lie, decieve and undermine the entire forum and my business openly on this forum for the last 1 1/2 and just be scolded for it. If that is the type of place this is then I think I need to step back and go on to greener pastures. My stomach litterally can not take it any longer !!

sorry I was not clear but if I say to much I will get banned.

Craig

Lynn, take a deep breath. No one on this thread is giving him a hard time in this thread, from my view also. There are e-mails, PMs, and other harrassment that occur far above and beyond the forum threads, if my Blueberry review experiences hold true for others as well. Craig is not taking a dump on anyone in this thread. I left for a week's hiatus from some slag dished my way.

Anyone who makes something and puts it on the forum these days ends up getting slagged, for whatever odd haverings people choose to partake. At times I'd rather be in a hockey game, where you get to wear pads and have a chance to run someone if you get too fired up.11.gif