wow how about this sub !!

dantfmly

That's the Krell Master Sub with dual 15" drivers and a 1" thick aluminum enclosure. It could probably break your subfloor (if not by the bass then by it's weight!). I've spoken to this seller and he would take $20,000 but it't not worth the full price in my opinion. I really don't think it would probably provide $20,000 worth of low frequencies, but it is extremely versatile. I doubt you could find an application that it wouldn't handle well.

The Krell MRS,the most potent compact subwoofer on earth.In its size there is nothing like it,monster amp enclosed with dual 15" TC Sounds heavy duty long throw woofers(3 inches peak to peak per woofer!).This thing is brutal,the asking price even more.

If I win the lottery I buy four of these for my improved HT system.1.gif And throw my mediocre HGS18,SW12,B15,Signature and RSW15 out the door...not really but I will keep them to help my alarm clock wake me up better.

----------------

On 4/20/2004 1:37:52 PM CAS wrote:

That's the Krell Master Sub with dual 15" drivers and a 1" thick aluminum enclosure. It could probably break your subfloor (if not by the bass then by it's weight!). I've spoken to this seller and he would take $20,000 but it't not worth the full price in my opinion. I really don't think it would probably provide $20,000 worth of low frequencies, but it is extremely versatile. I doubt you could find an application that it wouldn't handle well.

----------------

well since i have no subfloor it woould break my concrete slab foundation. 2.gif9.gif good lord this is a monster sub.

----------------

On 4/20/2004 6:34:20 PM prodj101 wrote:

I once used my 2.1 system (RSW-15 and RF-5's) as an alarm clock....the ipod has a built in one so I set it and had the preamp set a bit too high...near heart attack.

----------------

If you buy a base stand and use the output on that, you dont have to fool with volume on the ipod, its set to full no matter what, allowing you to only have to use the reciever volume.

preout on new generation ipods are quite impressive!

That sub goes way way past the point of diminishing returns. Go to a custom build shop like Acoustic Visions or Rutledge Audio and they'll build you a clone of that thing with Adire Tumults, 1.5" thick baltic birch enclosure (will need to be a little bigger than the Krell) and a sweet veneered finish. Add a high power Crown or QSC amp and some appropriate pro audio piece to get you all the filters and EQ you need and you'll have a sub just as, if not more capable for ~1/4 the cost.

Oh and there's no way that thing will do 120dB in room at the bottom of the last octave. Not gonna happen(unless you room is a closet). Something like the Acoustic Visions Everest might come close at the bottom of the last octave in room though.

In use a woofer will never reach peak to peak,as this hitting the limits the cone can travel both ways.Mostly suspension travel,unless the woofer is not well designed and the VC hits the magnetic structure when going backwards.

Peak to peak is stated to impress the crowd and sell.

You always have a higher peak to peak than linear.And linear should be used to measure true displacement,not peak to peak.As I said no woofer unless pushed beyond its designed will match its peak to peak cone travel in real use.Even abuse

Linear travel is what is important,yes you need a higher peak to peak to leave some cushion.If not you will run into problems