Which Home Theater speakers?

Kain

Sounds pretty good but I think it would be better to get a $500 DVD player and an $800 reciever, you could get the Denon 3801 for 800 online. I have heard bad things about sony receivers especially that one, do a search on the BB there were a few posts about it.

------------------

My bedroom system:

TV: 27" Toshiba CZ27V51

YAMAHA RX-V596

YAMAHA CDC-575

TOSHIBA SD2109

KLF 10

soon to have RC-3

KSW-10

(soon to upgrade to 12)

POLK R10

Suggestion.

I'm guessing you wanta realy good setup... but you dont have the money.

Try this.

Buy the RF-7's right now. Later on save up and get a Center (RC-7). Some Rears (RF-3's). Then get a descent sub.

This will in the long run cost you more money. But you will Be ALOT happier.

I have heard the Synergy speakers, and the RF-3's and the RF-7's. The RF-7's were awesome. Just heard them yesterday.

Well friend, thats just my two cents.

PS: Thank god you arnt getting BOSE.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

This message has been edited by DwK on 07-08-2001 at 10:40 AM

quote:

Originally posted by jimbobo:

Sounds pretty good but I think it would be better to get a $500 DVD player and an $800 reciever, you could get the Denon 3801 for 800 online. I have heard bad things about sony receivers especially that one, do a search on the BB there were a few posts about it.

i second that totally.

TV: Sony KV-36XBR450 ($2699.99)

DVD: Sony DVP-S7700 ($999.00)

Receiver: Sony STR-DE945 ($600.00)

Speakers: Center: Klipsch SC-1 ($280.00), Mains: Klipsch SF-2 ($650.00), Surrounds: Klipsch SS-1 ($400.00), Subwoofer: Klipsch KSW-12 ($499.00).

-----

KAiN64

Regarding your component list I would -

Dump the S7700 in favor of the Sony DVP9000ES ( in a heartbeat). The 9000ES player is head and shoulders above the 7700 (and 7000) all of which I own.

The playback sound is smoother in all three formats:

CD or SACD or DVD (but not DVD-A)

The video out is (coax or s-video or) PROGRESSIVE NON-INTERLACED and will connect directly into the XBR to give the best possible image you have ever seen.

Here in the states the choice XBR / 9000ES dealer/price is

by phone only -

www.oade.com

take a look at the 9000ES here -

http://homepage.mac.com/earlghamner/PhotoAlbum3.html

read the audioassylum Digital and HI-REZ forums for more info -

http://www.AudioAsylum.com/index.html

KAin64, keep in mind that you get what you PAY for!That

is ,if you're lucky!

Three weeks ago I purchased for my mother-in-law(she supplied the blank check)a:

Sony 36" XBR Wega $1999.00

Elite 501(?) stand 199.00

Sony 333ES receiver 549.00

Sony DVPNS400 DVD 249.00

Sony SLVN81 VCR 149.00

Definitive Technology 1117.00

ProCinema 80 (4 ea)

Definitive ProCenter

Definitive ProSub100TL

Definitive sw.brackets 1 pr.

Monster surge/conditioner,various interconnects,speaker

wire,etc,etc,etc.

Total cost from dealer(HiFiBuys) $4700.00

The SonyES receivers are a good value.I have used one for myself.I am not basing my opinion on what I read on the sh!t house walls.In fact the 333ES receiver has features other more expensive receiver's don't offer.Of

course,the only way to find if its for you is to read and listen.Download the owners manual(if possible)and study it carefully.You may want to check out the upcoming Denon 2802 receiver,too!

The above system made me think twice about the money I've invested in my set-up.Its that good.I'm not sure a person needs much more than the above gives(for HT).Please feel free to use any of this info to your advantage,and use it for what its worth.Good luck to ya,

Keith

My opinion on sony is that they make GREAT equipment, bang for the buck the ES receivers rock, so do the yammis and onkyo and blah blah blah, but sony makes every peice of gear you need, I get a feeling owning sony just like I do owning klipsch, my equipment has never broken down and I don't regret a scent I've spent. Don't look over the ES line without thinking to yourself, What other type of gear am I going to buy if your going to buy something to go with your receiver, it is nice to have matching components, that's where sony excells. Maybe I'm just stubborn but I love my sony. Makes it easier on the wifes eyes too when everything matches up. Sounds good with the rf-3's too.

I would say spend about $200 more and get the RF-3, RC-3 and RS-3. I think you will be much happier for a longer time. I love my Reference speakers.

Also, if you got the BLOSE system (with brackets and/or stands)you would be spending the same. FOR WHAT? Crap!!

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Rear (Just upgraded the SS-1)

• 10 months later...

Ah! The good ol' memories. cwm1.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

KAiN64,

If you ever get any B0$e Acoustic Me$$ speakers never tell anyone on this board,you will be remembered as the B0$e fish.B0$e owners live in shame!

And I will have to pay you a visit with a sturdy spiked aluminium baseball bat.I will have to open a can of you know what on the B0$e.Pray I dont bring the 56cc chainsaw,B0$e may be in for a BIG upgrade.

Seriously I know you will stay far far away from B0$e

Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Overheard in a desert bat cave, "Wholly Sage-brushes Batman, KAiN not only reveals he's come a long way... but he's dredging up the Ziggies and Zaggies that nudged him along the way."

"Riot on, Robin! Now help me pull out this Batmobile Bose sonic tanglers and let's head out for the local Dubai "Do Buy Klipsch" authorized dealer."

Thanks for the memories, KAiN... cwm24.gif -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-04-2002 at 12:35 PM